KC9LUT Ham Operators should not be this way !!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

WOW Gary KG8LB it can not be said any better. As for KS4ED remarks about being a Extra i guess we could all say then that he is not qualified to be Extra and must stay a Advanced. Personally i have no problems about what grade another Ham has but apparently KS4ED does as he took the time to look me and Paul and i presume anyone else he disagrees with up. KS4ED why would not someone feel and believe you supported Bob Cornell or Eric as you come sticking your opinions in on it and went against those who feel they Eric and Cornell were in the wrong. So yeah my memory is bad and hell i could have told you that, in short you just love to argue. So here's my to you Waaaa Waaaa Waaaa and as Paul would say Happy Hoss trading.
Larry Huff K0pd
KS4ED

Apparently

Post by KS4ED »

Apparently you have read very very few of W8JNs posts or you're a newbie
to the forum. His... is childish commentary at its best definition.

First, there are few Extras I have met or spoken to who give true credit
to that class of license. Few. Just a few.
However, for the many, like found here making comments, convinced me
that the Extra Class License was/is of very little significance.
Sad for the few.

Go to QRZ and look up my call sign. I hold a few FCC licenses that a
"memorize, guess and hope" test will not get you a license.
You must be able and capable of reading and... comprehend what you
read! There is way too much to memorize, guess and hope.

So, what license or class of license do you wish to discuss?

I never supported Bob Cornell. I never supported Eric.
I don't call people names. I don't make childish comments.
I sure haven't made Eric's day more than he made yours and others.
Do some research in this forum under W8JN before you even consider
any comment I make as childish.

Oooops! Forgot... that requires reading and reading comprehension.
kg8lb

Re: Apparently

Post by kg8lb »

KS4ED wrote:Apparently you have read very very few of W8JNs posts or you're a newbie
to the forum. His... is childish commentary at its best definition.

First, there are few Extras I have met or spoken to who give true credit
to that class of license. Few. Just a few.
However, for the many, like found here making comments, convinced me
that the Extra Class License was/is of very little significance.
Sad for the few.

Go to QRZ and look up my call sign. I hold a few FCC licenses that a
"memorize, guess and hope" test will not get you a license.
You must be able and capable of reading and... comprehend what you
read! There is way too much to memorize, guess and hope.

So, what license or class of license do you wish to discuss?

I never supported Bob Cornell. I never supported Eric.
I don't call people names. I don't make childish comments.
I sure haven't made Eric's day more than he made yours and others.
Do some research in this forum under W8JN before you even consider
any comment I make as childish.

Oooops! Forgot... that requires reading and reading comprehension.
I read, write and comprehend well enough, thank you. Capable, able and indeed willing.

"capable" se refiere a que tiene la habilidad, talentos o destrezas para llevar a cabo algo.

" able" es que puede hacerlo.

Of course the thoughts expressed should be written well in order for others to properly comprehend. Still, those who are able to analyze can learn much from even poorly written mumbo-jumbo.

Many thanks as well for making my case regarding your obvious attitude regarding Extra class ticket holders. You further affirmed that YOU were surely the person waiting weeks to trounce. Indeed nothing to do with the thread rather the two particular targets already mentioned. You used the thread to satisfy your grudge against W8JN and dragged the others into it for their license status. Your affirmations are notable.

FYI: In my case, I earned the Extra ticket by answering the questions correctly and 100% "guessing" the 20 WPM code exam. I did not earn it for status, I earned it in order to operate in certain parts of the amateur spectrum. Hence the decision to keep my old Advanced class call sign. I have never made an issue of anyone's license class , up or down, in private nor public . Really no big deal to me.

It seems you like to wear your credentials on your sleeve as some form of badge of honor. Could it be your failure to acheive the Extra class is at the root of the problem ?
As for W8JN, I have both agreed and many times disagreed with him in many other threads. Perhaps you need to research and try to comprehend.

However I do not use subsequent threads to bash someone with whom I have aired differences elsewhere. It is OK to disagree. It is really sad to see you searching for threads to vent against people. Talk about needing to get a life ?
There is no need to check out your "credentials" Doubtless you are the type that pastes them up at every opportunity, meaningless . You have already shown me more of what you are about than any certificate or past activity could rectify.

ks4ed quote:
"I sure haven't made Eric's day more than he made yours and others. "

What I said and you failed to comprehend was that he made YOUR day. You then went on to demonstrate that truth.
Further:
"Bob Cornell"(?)
Never made an issue of that name here,comprende ?

See you in the other threads . Hopefully you can free yourself from the unfortunate baggage you carry. It is up to you, we can't hold your hand or do it for you.
You can rely on this from me: Honest responses and a clean sheet of paper with each new thread.

Gary, KG8LB
Last edited by kg8lb on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
w8jn

clearwater al

Post by w8jn »

gary,
let old al blow smoke in the wind.... he is a flamer everywhere he goes.

http://twitter.com/ClearwaterAL

happy hoss trading paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Paul i opened your thread for ClearWaterAl and must say his comment is funny as i'm chuckling while typing this. He "sort" of reminds me of a man who passed away a couple of years ago here in Dodge City. He had a neighbor and no kidding even into there older years they got into a fist fight at least once or twice a year. God only knows what the odds of them being neighbors would have been as both were if one or the other said something was green the other would call him a name and insist he was color blind. They just had to be difficult and i'm certain that is what kept them alive all there years the chance to argue.
Larry Huff K0pd
Eric kc9lut

people make mistakes!!

Post by Eric kc9lut »

I have to agree to a point with what everyone has posted. But the thing is people need to quit being so judgemental. some people make mistakes i plan on sending the gentleman his money once i get my check on friday you all have made good sense. you know be littling someone because of license class. is not right either that is not the amateur way either.
KS4ED

Have a life...

Post by KS4ED »

Haven't had time to keep up with 'ol "Here I come to save the day!" W8JN
and his hero followers.
Fortunately... I have a life. And it sure ain't this childish crap like they all
seem to have too much time for. W8JNs 415 posts just might be a good
indicator... he needs one! Bad!

Like I said in a previous post... "Eric... you made their day."
(Just a few days before one of them tried to bring up the old W6TN post
about Bob Cornell. And once again... I never support Bob Cornell.
A post or two before this one proves there's another one who can't
read. Geeeeze!)

Memorize as many answers as you can, guess on the ones you can't
and with just a little bit of luck... you got your Extra Class License!
You may not know a diode from a transistor but you'll be an Amateur
Radio Operator... EXTRA CLASS AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR!
Heck... you might even consider running for mayor someplace while
you believe you've just climbed further up the social ladder.

Whatever. W8JN... I haven't blown anywhere near the smoke you have
over 415 posts. Dang... get you a life! Somehow! But... grow up first.
Back to mine... making money, spending time with my family, living
the good life and proud of FCC licenses most of you dream of.

And some of you... please learn to read before you make anymore
Bob Cornell comments.
KA9MOT

Re: people make mistakes!!

Post by KA9MOT »

Eric kc9lut wrote:I have to agree to a point with what everyone has posted. But the thing is people need to quit being so judgemental. some people make mistakes i plan on sending the gentleman his money once i get my check on friday you all have made good sense. you know be littling someone because of license class. is not right either that is not the amateur way either.
Why would anyone not think you a crook when it takes you 7 months to promise to resolve an issue? Mistakes happen (I've made my share) but the true measure is how willing and how quick you are to resolve any issues.
We'll see if your word is any good on Friday.

At this point you've earned a big FAIL!
Steve - KA9MOT