N9WX DANIEL HILEMAN DON"T TRUST HIM HIS WORD MEANS NOT

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9XR

N9WX DANIEL HILEMAN DON"T TRUST HIM HIS WORD MEANS NOT

Post by K9XR »

Last JULY Daniel Hileman, N9WX had an ad on QTH. He was looking for a reasonably priced HF rig. But the "KICKER" as he put it was that he was asking for someone to trust him and give him credit. He stated in the ad that he could afford to pay about $100 - $150 per month. After a few days I asked him if he had any luck and he told me that he hadn't. I told him that I had several rigs that I could sell him at a reasonable price and that I would be willing to extend credit to him.

He decided to buy an Icom 735. I told him I would ship it down to him. He told me all he had for a power supply was a 10 amp supply and asked if I had anything that would work. I told him I had a Ten Tec 963 switching power supply that was light weight and would be easy to ship. I told him that I would "loan" him the power supply until he decided to buy it or could afford to buy something. I shipped the 735 and the power supply to him in the midddle of July. He snt me a $60.00 pay Pal payment in a couple of weeks and about 2 months later sent me a $50.00 pay pal payment . At the end of December I sent him an email because I hadn't received any paypal payments or heard anything from him. I saw him listing ads wanting to buy beams, towers, and amplifiers. I sent him an email asking how he can afford them when he can't even make a payment to me. He told me they were for his room mate who wasn't "computer Savvy". After getting a lot of LIP from him he finally sent me a paypal payment for $100.00. He told me I never told him how much I wanted for the radio and for all he knows he may have already sent me too much money. Then I sent him the email where I told him that the price of the radio was $300.00. Somehow he was trying to act like his lack of communication and failure to live up to our agreement was my fault. In a way he was right. I should never have trusted him, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Well here we are 3 1/2 months later and Daniel hasn't sent me any payments and hasn't communicated with me in any way. I have sent him emails and have not gotten any response. I even offered for him to send the radio back and I would gladly give him his $210.00 back. He has had several ads looking for antennas and amplifiers, though.

My advice to anyone who sells or trades equipment would be to BE CAREFUL with DANIEL HILEMAN N9WX because he is not a man of his word. About the only thing he is good at is making excuses and trying to place the blame on anyone but Himself.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Your deal with this person is very disheartning to read in that you tried to be what Ham radio is about and helped a fellow Ham. But this person is why those who genuinely are in need of a break and would honor there word that causes the rest of us to say sorry but we have seen what happens when we trust our fellow man.What dishonor Daniel Hileman shows by his actions and glad this person has been brought to light but doubtful if he is the type to be shamed.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Yep, You are right, It only takes one guy to ruin things for everybody. I know this has made me "gun Shy".
K0pd wrote:Your deal with this person is very disheartning to read in that you tried to be what Ham radio is about and helped a fellow Ham. But this person is why those who genuinely are in need of a break and would honor there word that causes the rest of us to say sorry but we have seen what happens when we trust our fellow man.What dishonor Daniel Hileman shows by his actions and glad this person has been brought to light but doubtful if he is the type to be shamed.
kk4aq

getting ripped off

Post by kk4aq »

you didnt say what happened to the power supply! did you get it back or did he get you for it also? just wondering. things like this are the exact reasons i dont sell on credit.also radio is a hobby not a necessity of life and if a person cant afford it their life dont stop because of not haveing it.its really a shame nowdays a lot of peoples word is not their bond anymore.its really sad and for what a couple hundred bucks or so ! we come into this world with our naked butts and given a name.when we die our naked butt is all we take with us but what is written about our name on the internet lives for ever.think about it and pay the man what you owe him. just my 2 cents ralph/kk4aq
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

Go to QRZ.com and enter his call. From his own bio he doesn't seem to be hurting for money. He is just another scam artist, don't deal with him until he pays his debt to K9XR.
K9XR

Re: getting ripped off

Post by K9XR »

Yes, He still has the power supply. I guess he is still borrowing it.

kk4aq wrote:you didnt say what happened to the power supply! did you get it back or did he get you for it also? just wondering. things like this are the exact reasons i dont sell on credit.also radio is a hobby not a necessity of life and if a person cant afford it their life dont stop because of not haveing it.its really a shame nowdays a lot of peoples word is not their bond anymore.its really sad and for what a couple hundred bucks or so ! we come into this world with our naked butts and given a name.when we die our naked butt is all we take with us but what is written about our name on the internet lives for ever.think about it and pay the man what you owe him. just my 2 cents ralph/kk4aq
k9vt

Ethics

Post by k9vt »

Sorry to hear of your dilemma with N9WX. Just don't know what happened to ethics in this country. Recently i sold a Vibroplex Vibrokeyer to a chap in 3 land. A few days later i recieved an e-mail telling me the thumb piece had broken off in shipping. I knew it was my fault because i knew to remove it. Before i even wrote back to him I had called Vibroplex and had them ship him a new one. I just thought the $10 i spent was worth many more times to my reputation and HOW i view myself in the mirror. Guess my point is it's becomming harder to trust people but even tho there are still people of character left.. But i was born in Wisconsin of good God fearing parents....EOT Ken
K9XR

Re: Ethics

Post by K9XR »

I agree with you. I know there are still a lot of great hams out there but it seems like the numbers of the ones with questionable character issues are increasing. I still try to trust people. I just am a little more careful because I don't care to get burned anymore.

With that being said, as I told Daniel, a little communication goes a long way with me. If I would have received just a simple email in the last week from him, this thread would have never come to be.

k9vt wrote:Sorry to hear of your dilemma with N9WX. Just don't know what happened to ethics in this country. Recently i sold a Vibroplex Vibrokeyer to a chap in 3 land. A few days later i recieved an e-mail telling me the thumb piece had broken off in shipping. I knew it was my fault because i knew to remove it. Before i even wrote back to him I had called Vibroplex and had them ship him a new one. I just thought the $10 i spent was worth many more times to my reputation and HOW i view myself in the mirror. Guess my point is it's becomming harder to trust people but even tho there are still people of character left.. But i was born in Wisconsin of good God fearing parents....EOT Ken
w8jn

what was he thinking????

Post by w8jn »

your situation is unfortunate. you were good hearted and tried to help a fellow ham in need. this scumbag has destroyed his reputation for a quick $90. that is amazing. this dirtball saved $90 and now will never be trusted by anyone in the entire usa!!! how someone can destroy their reputation for $90 is unbelievable! did you know that the average take in a bank robbery is about $3000? criminals never think in advance.......... 10 years in jail and a felony record for life for $3000..
at least you got $210...... best 73 and happy hoss trading paul w8jn
K9XR

just a little bump

Post by K9XR »

TO THE TOP
K9XR

Re: N9WX DANIEL HILEMAN DON"T TRUST HIM HIS WORD MEANS

Post by K9XR »

I noticed That Daniel Hileman N9WX is running an ad on another site selling an ICOM 746 "for a friend". I just wanted to make sure that everybody knows that Daniel Hileman N9WX is not someone who can be trusted.

K9XR wrote:Last JULY Daniel Hileman, N9WX had an ad on QTH. He was looking for a reasonably priced HF rig. But the "KICKER" as he put it was that he was asking for someone to trust him and give him credit. He stated in the ad that he could afford to pay about $100 - $150 per month. After a few days I asked him if he had any luck and he told me that he hadn't. I told him that I had several rigs that I could sell him at a reasonable price and that I would be willing to extend credit to him.

He decided to buy an Icom 735. I told him I would ship it down to him. He told me all he had for a power supply was a 10 amp supply and asked if I had anything that would work. I told him I had a Ten Tec 963 switching power supply that was light weight and would be easy to ship. I told him that I would "loan" him the power supply until he decided to buy it or could afford to buy something. I shipped the 735 and the power supply to him in the midddle of July. He snt me a $60.00 pay Pal payment in a couple of weeks and about 2 months later sent me a $50.00 pay pal payment . At the end of December I sent him an email because I hadn't received any paypal payments or heard anything from him. I saw him listing ads wanting to buy beams, towers, and amplifiers. I sent him an email asking how he can afford them when he can't even make a payment to me. He told me they were for his room mate who wasn't "computer Savvy". After getting a lot of LIP from him he finally sent me a paypal payment for $100.00. He told me I never told him how much I wanted for the radio and for all he knows he may have already sent me too much money. Then I sent him the email where I told him that the price of the radio was $300.00. Somehow he was trying to act like his lack of communication and failure to live up to our agreement was my fault. In a way he was right. I should never have trusted him, but I try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Well here we are 3 1/2 months later and Daniel hasn't sent me any payments and hasn't communicated with me in any way. I have sent him emails and have not gotten any response. I even offered for him to send the radio back and I would gladly give him his $210.00 back. He has had several ads looking for antennas and amplifiers, though.

My advice to anyone who sells or trades equipment would be to BE CAREFUL with DANIEL HILEMAN N9WX because he is not a man of his word. About the only thing he is good at is making excuses and trying to place the blame on anyone but Himself.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

N9WX is currently on 7.181.00. Your radio sounds awesome AL!
Steve - KA9MOT
K9XR

N9WX DANIEL HILEMAN THE THIEF is BACK! BEWARE OF HIM.

Post by K9XR »

I see my old buddy Daniel Hileman is back on QTH lloking for deals. Maybe he can pay me the money he owes me. Just be careful with this THIEF!
K9XR

He's back again

Post by K9XR »

Yep, My old budddy Daniel Hileman is back on QTH looking for a smal; HF rig. Just know that if you deal with him you are not dealing with the most honest man in the world.