K7FF a total jerk and dishonest

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w5gi

K7FF a total jerk and dishonest

Post by w5gi »

:( K7ff
Sent me a parts DX 40 not as described...said he would return my money...sent him the unit...accused me of removing power transformer and poorly packing unit, which caused damaged. I did neither-- packing was better than he sent to me. Then refused to return my money or even work with me to file a UPS claim.
John w5gi
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me 512 608-6727
kk9a

DereK K7FF

Post by kk9a »

I have noticed some positive and negative feedback on DereK K7FF. Some were very happy doing business with him and others like yourself felt cheated and thought he was a total jerk. Maybe it depends on the day of the week. I was interested in the two long lengths of 1/2" Andrew's Heliax he had for sale, but I was concerned after reading your negative feedback as well as the comments from WR0T and W5KRM. Knowing there are two sides to every story, I sent him a polite email - hoping he would tell me his side. I must have picked the wrong day because my response only stated that he would not sell me the Heliax and that he would sell it to someone not nervous about dealing with him. Both items are still listed so I guess he hasn't found such a buyer yet.
Jammie

Post by Jammie »

I agree, there is just something not quit right about Derek, or Deane or what ever name he is going by today, the person who is using the K7FF is just a little unstable in my book. I would not send any money to this man!!
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Doesn't support site much

Post by KA9FOX »

With all the items K7FF sells, I'm a little disappointed that in the last 4+ years, he has only made one donation ($15). This should not affect your decision to do business with him or not, I'm just sitting here paying bills and felt I had to say something.

Now, before you get mad at him... I am committed to keeping the site FREE and there is NOTHING WRONG with not helping the site out with an occasional donation... people have every right to place ads and not make a donation -- there is NO obligation to do so!! I just had to vent a little disappointment, that's all.

I am glad there are many of you out there that DO help out -- thanks!!! Between donations and the banner ads, the site is doing just fine. Lots of neat new features coming later this year... stay tuned. :)

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Last edited by KA9FOX on Mon May 31, 2004 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
Jammie

Post by Jammie »

The QRZ.Com Callsign data base shows the K7FF callsign assigned to, Deane J Youngling. The person posting adds under that callsign here on QTH uses the name Derek. Can anyone tell me who this Derek guy is? I have ask Derek about this and he says I am wrong. You can check QRZ, just one more thing not quite right about K7FF.
K4ICL

Derek is Derek, Folks...

Post by K4ICL »

Some simple research on the Internet shows that Derek's formal name is

DEANE J. YUNGLING
5191 RIMWOOD DR
FAIR OAKS, CA 95628

as shown on his FCC license.

In 1976, Derek was President of North Hills Radio Club - K6IS in Sacramento. His name is listed as Derek Yunglilng and call sign at that time was K6RLY.

In 1985, he again served as President of that club using the name, Derek, but his call sign had changed to KI6O.

He still uses the name "Derek" but has changed his call sign to K7FF.

As you can see, Derek (Deane) has been known as "Derek" for over 25 years.

...and there is NOTHING wrong with that.

K4ICL
Last edited by K4ICL on Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
k3ich

Post by k3ich »

It's not "Derek", it's "DereK"........
Jammie

Post by Jammie »

If Derek would list items under the name shown under his callsign it would sure make things look better. Why would someone be using a different name than their own anyway? Allso, for someone with such outstanding cerdentials why is he to cheap to donate a little for all the advertising he uses here. He has over 30 adds listed here yesterday One $15.00 donation in over 4 years. Shame, Shame, Shame on you Derek.

Some things are right and some things are just wrong.
KE3GK

Real name ?

Post by KE3GK »

I don't see any problem with Derek using his nickname - especially if that is what he is called by. At least he uses his callsign and not some psuedoname like 'uncle moe' or something.

As far as Derek not freely donating to QTH ... that's between Scott and Derek. Since this is a FREE site, there can't be much in the way of complaints.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I agree with KE3GK on all:

1) People have nicknames or just prefer to be known by a different name. I know several people that go by their middle name - -they just do not like their given first name. What's the harm?

2) This is a free site and he has every right to not make donations. Sure, I'm disappointed, but there is nothing wrong with the lack of donations... that is a choice he has freely made, and I freely accept it.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
kk9a

DereK7FF

Post by kk9a »

I have to agree also that there is nothing wrong with using your nickname. He uses the names DereK and Dere in his ads. Lately he has not used a name, possibly because of the discussion on this forum.

It appears that he reads the feedback forum since he is now claiming that he will donate 2% of the sales from some of his smaller items to Scott's QTH.com. I wish he would post his side of the complaints and possibly clear everything up for us skeptical buyers. I would have purchased the 110' Andrew FSJ4-50B and more that he keeps editing to move to the top of the ad list over a month ago, if he would have told me his side. Instead he chose to not sell to me.
VA6DJB

Post by VA6DJB »

I just bought some filters for my Ft 1000 Mark V from Derek. The filters arrived as described packed great. Would deal with again. Thanks
Jammie

Post by Jammie »

Here is the problem I had with K7FF going by his given name "Deane" or the name he gave himself "DereK". Just so everyone knows. Before I respond to any ad posted here on QTH, I check the lister's call sign on QRZ. The call sign K7FF is shown as belonging to Deane J. Youngling. When I sent Email to K7FF about his ad I began the mail with "Deane" as per QRZ.
In K7FF's response to me he informed me in sort of a nasty way that his name was DereK not Deane. Now I'm not to sure who I;m dealing with??? I responded that QRZ listed that call sign to a "DEANE". He then Emailed me back saying that I was wrong, and he didn't say it in a nice way. At any point he could have told me that his name was Deane but he went by Derek and there would have been no problem.

You are right he can go by any name he wants, but if he is selling things here people have a right to know just who they are dealing with. Wouldn't take much of an explanation from DereK, but I couldn't get one out of him. Like I said, I wouldn't send any money to this man.