W0IXE Dishonest Ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
aa4vi

W0IXE Dishonest Ham

Post by aa4vi »

Hi, Does anyone know this gentleman? I have been trying to contact him for over a week by e-mail and telephone with no response. I paid him via a USPS money order with delivery confirmation for an antenna tuner he listed here on 4/20/2004. He said he would ship priority mail. The money order was delivered on 5/1/2004 at 9:58 am Denver time. He listed a lot of other items on the same date. Maybe he has a legitimate reason for not replying although he replied promptly until the money order was delivered. If anyone has had any dealings with Joseph W. Garrison of 5885 W. 30th Ave., Denver, Co. please let me know. Thanks, Larry Carpenter, AA4VI

Update: 05/12/04 I have received an e-mail from Joe saying he was out of town for two weeks due to a family emergency.

Update: 05/22/04 I have still have not received equipment as promised nor a phone call or e-mail from Mr. Garrison. Joe, time is runnning out don't force me to take legal action. Do the right thing, be a ham of integrity.

Update: 05/28/04 Legal action is pending against Mr. Garrison

Update: 06/09/04 Do not deal with this individual http://w0ixe.tripod.com/wixeradiopage/id6.html
Last edited by aa4vi on Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:31 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Terry

****JOE GARRISON W0IXE??????????????****

Post by Terry »

- ****JOE GARRISON W0IXE??????????????****
Any one know where Joe Garrison w0ixe is.
Last edited by Terry on Wed May 12, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry

W0IXE Mr. Joe Garrison

Post by Terry »

I received an email from Joe today 05/12/04. Hi stated he was out of town because of a family emergency. He states he will send my gear this week. I am sorry for your problems but still expect you to honor our deal.
Terry Morgan N8ERM
Last edited by Terry on Wed May 19, 2004 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

Apology? A good thing, but...

Certainly you didn't get out of line. You didn't ask about the "scum sucking bottom dweller" or some such belicose verbage. You were courteous, polite, and exhibited concern. I don't think Mr Garrision would fault you for that. The original poster (AA4VI) even used terms like "gentleman" and "...a legitimate reason for not replying although he replied promptly until..." Those are hardly fighting words! I think you both were well behaved and yet obviously concerned.

I'm sure all are glad that there appears to have been no problem that can't be fixed easily. Hopefully the family emergency is remedied as well.
Terry

W0IXE Mr. Joe Garrison Can any one help?

Post by Terry »

Ad Message: I received an email from Mr. Joe Garrison after receiving my money and dropping out of site for two weeks. He explained some family problems and stated the equipment I had paid for will be shipped last week. He also was to furnish a tracking number. He has not furnished tracking numbers, answer any emails, and does not answer his phone. What am I to think? There are three other hams in the same fix. Empty promises and poor contact. I understand family problems and have patience but this is getting old. One quick email would help a lot? Can someone in the Denver, CO area help? I can report this to the Denver police, the USPS, the FBI Internet fraud department. I do not wish to do any of these things. I am hoping Mr. Garrison will do the right thing. Terry Morgan N8ERM
aa4vi

W0IXE

Post by aa4vi »

Update to post of 5/12/04: I also have not heard anything from Joe Garrison. I received the same e-mail as Terry N8ERM saying he had been out of town for two weeks. His e-mail of 5/12 promised all equipment to be shipped by the end of the week with an e-mail confirming shipment. I have not received any additional e-mail from Joe, nor have I received the antenna tuner. Larry Carpenter, AA4VI
Terry

W0IXE Mr. Joe Garrison

Post by Terry »

Joe, You have had the money that I paid for the watt meter. You cashed this money order on 04/30/04. You promised you would send the gear I have paid for. I wish you would do the honorable thing and send the gear as promised. You stated in an early email that you were not a crook. Richard Nixon said that also. You are judged by your deeds Joe. If it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it's a duck.
jackqm

Been snookerd I think

Post by jackqm »

Well I am in the same boat with the same excuses you guys got.
Paid him over a month ago for an Item and siad he would ship the next day with tracking numbers blah blah blah...
If you guys here of anything let me know.
I think it is about time to turn this over as fraud.
Jack
jackqm

Need some info

Post by jackqm »

I am filling a complaint with the postal inspector. I spoke with the DA from the country where he resides and here is what I need from everyone who has lost money to this guy. Give me your contact info and the amount you sent him and what item you were trying to purchase from him. Once I get the list I will forward it to both the DA office and the postal inspector.
Please if you can get it to me ASAP as I want to get this taken care of.
nk7j@direcway.com
Jack
Terry

Here is a copy of W0IXE's last email

Post by Terry »

>From: w0ixe@qwest.net (JWG)
>To: n8erm@arrl.net (Terry Morgan)
>
>Hi Terry,
>Just a quick note to let you know that I did receive your MO but it was too
>late today to make it to the post office to ship the meter off to you. I
>didn't
>get home today until 2:30pm my time.
> I will get it off to you first thing on Monday morning. I will send a
>message with a tracking number for you.
>Thanks for the quick shipment, and I will send the meter Priority Mail.
>Thanks again Terry.
>Talk with you soon !!
>Joe WØIXE
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Terry Morgan
> To: w0ixe@qwest.net
> Cc: n8erm@arrl.net
> Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 6:25 AM
> Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- FOR SALE: Telewave Watt m...
>
>SEE HIS LAST EMAIL. NOTHING RECIEVED. HE WILL NOT ANSWER HIS PHONE OR EMAIL
>DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS PERSON
aa4vi

W0IXE last e-mail

Post by aa4vi »

Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:44:37 -0600
To: "Mr Larry Carpenter" <rcarp5@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Delivery Confirmation

Hi Larry,
I apologize for the long delay. I had to leave town in an emergency a couple of weeks ago. I had relatives in a serious car accident in Georgia. I was taking care of my grandmother who is in her 90's. No internet there or cell phone coverage in the little town where she lives. Anyway, I appreciate your concern for me and not just thinking I was trying to "rip off" good hams. Looking back at previous e-mails I see I must have taken off shortly after informing some of you guys that I had received payments for equipment. In any event I am sending out all of the purchased equipment by the end of the week. Most will go out today. I will be sending a message to let you know to look out for it.
Again Larry, Thanks for your understanding.
Many 73's
Joe WØIXE

This is the last contact I had with Mr. Garrison.
Terry

DO NOT DEAL WITH JOE GARRISON W0OXE I N ANY WAY

Post by Terry »

LOOKS LIKE OLD JOE WENT ON A VACATION WITH OUR MONEY. STILL NO WORD FROM HIM. HE HAS NOT SHIPPED THE GEAR TO ANY OF THE FOLKS THAT SENT HIM MONEY. WHAT A WAY TO BE. SHAME ON YOU JOE.
Terry

Joe Garrison W0IXE How does he live with himself?????????

Post by Terry »

Still he will not send the equipment that I and two others have payed for. He cashed my money order on 4/30/04 and is still trying to sell the gear?????? Shame on him????????????
aa4vi

W0IXE Legal Action

Post by aa4vi »

The matter with Mr. Garrison is now in the hands of the Wheatridge, Co police dept. If anyone needs any information on who to contact please let me know. Larry Carpenter, AA4VI
Terry

W0IXE

Post by Terry »

W0IXE-Joe Garrison still has our money and our gear. SHAME ON HIM
Terry

w0ixe

Post by Terry »

It has been a looooooooong time and old "i'll send it soon Joe" "w0ixe Joseph W. Garrison of 5885 W. 30th Ave., Denver, Co" has not sent it. if it quacks like a duck, looks like a duck. well low and behold its a???????????????????
aa4vi

W0IXE Discontinued Web Page

Post by aa4vi »

Well it looks like Mr. Garrison has discontinued his ham radio web page that I had posted the link for. He must certainly realize he has lost his respect as a member of the ham radio community. Oh what a tangled web we weave. Joe we are still waiting for our equipment, our money or another story. Just do the right thing.
Terry

OLD Slick Joe" "w0ixe Joseph W. Garrison

Post by Terry »

OLD Slick Joe" "w0ixe Joseph W. Garrison. I believe that the bonnie and clyde team is in AZ taking the hams there for there hard earned $
aa4vi

W0IXE Joseph W. Garrison 5885 W 30th Ave Denver, Co.

Post by aa4vi »

Joe in case you have forgotten about all of us you have scammed, we haven't forgotten about you. The wheels of justice may turn slow but they keep turning. At least we will let others know about your scams and misdealings. Hopefully we will prevent anyone else from falling victim to you. Larry Carpenter , AA4VI
Terry

Joe Garrison needs a wake up

Post by Terry »

Check it out...Dial 1-800-5423590 Punch the MO number 44373049963. You be the judge. Yes it was cashed 04-30-2004. Where is my equipment???? Shame.
Terry

JOE GARRISON W0IXE

Post by Terry »

I found out Joe workes for the US goverment. I guess something has happend to prevent joe from sending my gear. Also the others folks too. He might be agent 008, he might be on a top secret mission, I know one thing for sure, folks in the goverment are all honest!!! Right??????
Last edited by Terry on Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aa4vi

W0IXE "G-MAN"

Post by aa4vi »

Well Terry, looks like you have gotten to the bottom of things. I guess that explains why I got no help from the USPS or the Feds. Maybe he has diplomatic immunity. I thought all government employees were 100% honest. :roll:
aa4vi

We haven't forgotten you Joe

Post by aa4vi »

Joe its been a year since you scammed at least 5 different people including myself who bought equipment from you here on QTH.com. We won't forget and will keep posting untill everyone knows what type of indvidual you are. If anyone knows how to contact Mr. Garrison please let me know and if you see him advertising anything for sale take my advice and do not buy it. People like this give hams a bad reputation. Joe the only way to stop these posts is to live up to your obligations and take responsibility for your actions. Larry Carpenter AA4VI
Last edited by aa4vi on Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terry

Joe, Happy Birthday **********W0IXE***********

Post by Terry »

Joe, yep it has been one year since you cashed my money order and sent nothing. You then promised to send the meter and still nothing. Guess what you are getting for the first Birthday? Yes sir you are correct a big fat nothing, nothing, nothing. Shame on you but I guess the goverment has a few - - - - - -es working for them. Wattergate, Metergate, Radiogate, Microphonegate and another radiogate. Could it be that some day we might see another trial? A Simson, Jackson and a Garrison.... One can only hope to see another one go free. Shame, Shame, Shame.
w4amp

Re: W0IXE Legal Action

Post by w4amp »

aa4vi wrote:The matter with Mr. Garrison is now in the hands of the Wheatridge, Co police dept. If anyone needs any information on who to contact please let me know. Larry Carpenter, AA4VI
What was the outcome of this?

Anybody there?