Ebay listings on QTH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W1JCW

Ebay listings on QTH

Post by W1JCW »

Lets see where this goes.

How many of you are tired of guys posting on QTH only to refer you to their
scam bay listing ??

I don't care about your posting on ebay, if you want to sell it there then do so but
don't tell me about it here.

What do you guys think ?
73 -

W1JCW
John
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

John I agree with you. I come to QTH.com to see whats listed here and I don't need or want to know whats listed on other sites. I have never bought anything on scam bay and never will. If I was Scott I'd remove any ad that says go to scam bay and buy my stuff.
I wonder if anyone has said on scam bay to go to QTH.com and buy my stuff?
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

This is a subject that burns me up. I look for items on QTH.com because I don't want to buy on fleabay. If I want to buy stuff there I'll look there, but don't post here and redirect me there - that's absurd and guarantees I WON'T buy your item! Of course this thread won't stop folks from doing it...
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

K4JC wrote: I look for items on QTH.com because I don't want to buy on fleabay. If I want to buy stuff there I'll look there, but don't post here and redirect me there - that's absurd and guarantees I WON'T buy your item!.
Agreed...
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

why would someone list on qth to tell the traders if he dont sell it it is going to ebay for sale WHO CARES PUT IT ON EBAY AND STAY OFF QTH :evil: :evil:
K4ICL

eBay... the kiss of death for an ad?

Post by K4ICL »

I would think most sellers would have already discovered putting "eBay" anywhere in their ad is the kiss of death for a transaction.

K4ICL
KK7AZ

GOOD IDEA.

Post by KK7AZ »

Lets do this and have some fun, when we see an Ebay subject lets all send the jerk an email and ask all kind of questions.... such as, send me pics, how old is it, are you a smoker and on and on. Be real serious and we can drive the guy nuts. Lets make lemon aid out of lemons. Think about it, if he gets 30-50 emails he'll never be back and we can wait for the next victim. Just a thought but it sounds like fun. 73's
K9XR

Re: GOOD IDEA.

Post by K9XR »

Like that would be something new. Tire kickers are just another fact of life with hams.

KK7AZ wrote:Lets do this and have some fun, when we see an Ebay subject lets all send the jerk an email and ask all kind of questions.... such as, send me pics, how old is it, are you a smoker and on and on. Be real serious and we can drive the guy nuts. Lets make lemon aid out of lemons. Think about it, if he gets 30-50 emails he'll never be back and we can wait for the next victim. Just a thought but it sounds like fun. 73's
WA5JAV

eBay On QTH

Post by WA5JAV »

The eBay link listing is discourteous in its self. What is really insulting is most listings are PayPal only. I don't use PayPal and I must send a question to the seller to learn if paper payment is accepted. I seldom use eBay. Bidding there used to be fun, but not anymore.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree that posting your e bay ad on here is taking advantage of this site. In fact is gives one the impression of desperation. But i'll not condemn E Bay and i can tell you there has been some very happy sellers on there lately. To give you a example i've been trying to help a new Ham find a radio he could afford and type he was hoping for. This is what i've seen in the last ten days,a KW TS930sat $910,two FT-ones,one sold for over $800.00 and another for over$700.00 dollars. Then there was a YaesuFT980 that sold for over $700.00 and not one was called mint. So right now on E Bay it is a sellers Market as to why the crazy high prices i can only speculate it is tax refund time and the shortage of good clean radio's. And yes there were radios on QTH i made him aware of. Why mention all this? Simple why would you need to tell others on a Ham site such as QTH that you have this or that for sale on E Bay unless your items not selling there and your desperate to unload the item.
Larry Huff K0pd
w9lvm

Ebay

Post by w9lvm »

I will not look up their ad on Ebay! QTH is for people selling on QTH not for telling people to go to Ebay for their radio or what ever!
eric

Post by eric »

I have had that happen a few times. I simply tell them no thanks, and that i want a deal off of rip-off-bay.
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Then again no one is forcing any person to read those ads.
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

KG8LB wrote:Then again no one is forcing any person to read those ads.
Give me a break!! The fact they are posting here is an affront to Scott.
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

wx1f wrote:
KG8LB wrote:Then again no one is forcing any person to read those ads.
Give me a break!! The fact they are posting here is an affront to Scott.
OK, I'll cut you some slack.

I have never cross listed personally however, I cannot even begin to ascertain other people's motives, nepharious or otherwise. It would seem possible at least some are just offering a "heads up" . Very often there are cleaner, better operating items going for a lot less on ebay than the asking price here. Good deals are where you find them. Possibly the guy asking $400 for a DX-100 "AS-IS" would be put off by someone giving a heads up for a $150 at another site ? It is all about disseminating information. The guy actually looking for the DX-100 can decide if he cares to take up reading the listing. No harm done.

The main thing is I hope the people who are using the site to sell something anywhere are indeed supporting this site.