Beware of someone using callsign KE5ZLC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kk5h

Beware of someone using callsign KE5ZLC

Post by kk5h »

On Feb 6, someone used the callsign KE5ZLC to place an ad for a Yaesu ft-1000mp mark V. He said the callsign belonged to his recently deceased father. I corresponded with many emails and a phone call. I sent the money with tracking and signature confirmation to the post office in the form of a Postal Money Order. This person, who goes by the name of "Brandon duk" cashed the money order and told me he received it on the 11th. and then said he shipped the radio on the 13th. He then broke all contact with me. I was sending him daily notices that nothing had arrived and inquiring about tracking numbers, and now he has cancelled his email address, so all of my msgs bounce back to me. If anyone sees any references to this radio or person, please send me a note! I am now having to pursue this will law enforcement, but would rather handle it directly with him. Thanks to all, and "73's"
tim
kk5h
K4ICL

Brandon Duk(e) is a KNOWN SCAMMER WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD

Post by K4ICL »

Please do a search this site to see the many posting about this individual.

K4ICL
NY7Q

Post by NY7Q »

Could it really be Brandon Duke, the infamous kid who stole hundreds of bucks from several in Colorado.????
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.
kk5h

Post by kk5h »

Apparently, it is him. Did quite a bit of checking, and with some emails from people here, it all checks out. Just in the last few days, he changed his address on the FCC site again. New call is KJ4SGZ.