FedEx nightmare with K7FX, Bob Cornell

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

Dear Andy W6AD

Thank you for your response.
Let me try to state the current status so there will be no ambiguous about what Mr. Cornell should do.

First, starting from the beginning I filed the claim I made many phone calls to FedEx before and after they declined the claim. Furthermore, I was successful to ask for a partial reimbursement (payment) from FedEx with the following condition: Mr. Cornell K7FX needs to take either starting a claim again or waiving his claim. FedEx only wants to deal with a seller not a buyer even though in this case I initiated or negotiated the settlement. He as the seller can file a claim on his behalf then receive the payment. If he decides to waive the claim then FedEx will deal with me. Until and unless Mr. Cornell waives his claim then FedEx will not pay out the settlement to me.

I already e-mailed a paper claim form to Mr. Cornell. I also updated him whom he should contact to either file or waive his claim. He already had all the information to take either action.

It's not true that he continues to tell you or others that FedEx is dealing with me. If I was FedEx I would have been very happy because the merchandise was returned to the seller and no impending claim. Mr Cornell should be very happy too because he has my money and the amp.

Again, there is no relationship between me and FedEx at this point. Any other statement is completely false.

Thank you
Trung W6TN
(The last e-mail or communication I received from Bob Cornell K7FX was on Feb. 11, more than 12 days ago even though he has my e-mail, cell phone number)
Last edited by W6TN on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w8jn

wrong again

Post by w8jn »

andy and all.
you are legally misinformed. this is not trungs claim. he has no contract with fed ex. this is bobbys claim and bobbys irresponsibility for terrible packing that will probably be denied by fed ex. bobby owes trung a 100% refund regardless of fed ex decision.
if you order something from sears and it arrives destroyed, are you going to sit back and allow sears to tell you that you are sol becaUse the shipper denied the claim? you have an agreement with sears, not the shipper. sears owes you a new appliance. fed ex owes trung nothing. bobby owes trung his money back regardless of fed ex decision. if fed ex denies the claim, bobby is sol and owes trung $$$. come on bobby, man up and pay your due to trung. you shipped an amp without securing the finals. they are supposed to be destroyed when you do that. you are irresponsible and fed ex is going to deny your claim. pay up bobby....
happy hoss trading Paul w8jn
KS4ED

W8JN

Post by KS4ED »

W8JN... I will never apologize for being reasonable, sensible, rational
and not resorting to calling people names. That's your thing.
Don't hold your breath for an apology from me.
w6ad

FEDEX

Post by w6ad »

Trung, As I now understand things you have a settlement with FEDEX if Mr. Cornell signs a waver. He lives out in the middle of nowhere with no internet. I will not become a middleman in this issue but I will encourage him to do the right thing with FEDEX. I have been told (contrary to one opinion) that the amp remains in good shape--no broken parts or dents, tube is fine. Again, I hope this matter comes to an equitable resolution without the type of false charges and recriminations that have appeared here by one poster. 73 andy w6ad
VE3TMT

Re: scott is correct

Post by VE3TMT »

w8jn wrote:ps, nate boy, one more thing. people who deal with me sleep easy at night. too bad you and booby arent of the same calibre of honesty i am.

PSS...If you are from Canada, don't tell w8jn, he'll throw insults at you faster than Roger Clemens.

Sleep tight Paul!
w8jn

roger clemens?

Post by w8jn »

roger clemens??? naw... randy "big unit" johnson.... you be the pigeon that flew in front of randys fastball, i'll be randy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUtnFF7 ... ature=fvwp

be the bird.... be the bird!!!!!

ps, i love my canadian brothers and sisters. i only insult jerkwads from canada
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

Dear Andy W6AD
Thank you for your involvement. I have no idea that Bob does not have internet or phone now.

In the past up to Feb 11, he and I had communicated many times using the phones or internet e-mails. Before I posted this feedback on Friday evening, I already asked another ham, who knows Bob well, to contact him. The gentleman talked to Bob few days before that on the air so Bob should have known the issues. I assume he can always convey the messages to other hams then to me if he wants to.

After Feb 11, I also sent him many e-mails and left him several messages on his phone number. I also sent his son some of the e-mails. I assumed now he didn't receive these messages for some reasons which I never thought about.

I agree that the solution should have been resolved earlier; however, I can't do that by myself.

As always, I appreciate your interest.
73 Trung W6TN
kg4mlo

Re: roger clemens?

Post by kg4mlo »

This is a load of crap Scott. Do you damn job

w8jn wrote:roger clemens??? naw... randy "big unit" johnson.... you be the pigeon that flew in front of randys fastball, i'll be randy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roUtnFF7 ... ature=fvwp

be the bird.... be the bird!!!!!

ps, i love my canadian brothers and sisters. i only insult jerkwads from canada
ki6ky

Post by ki6ky »

:D :cry:
Poor K7FX!!

Bob really is a great guy. I have known him for decades. He is a genuine Ham and a real OT as well as an avid antenna buff and an excellent DXer.

If you would like to see his picture, a number of them are posted at http://www.blankheads.com/b3.html

John Browne
KI6KY
KI6KY
w8jn

it all makes sense

Post by w8jn »

Larry, Frank,
Check out the pictures of spanky and our gang! WOW it all makes sense now. Now I understand why criminal behavior is condoned.
73 Paul w8jn
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

I am not the man what called your piccolo player a cracker.
I'm not the man sittin next to the man what called your piccolo player a cracker.
I'm not the man sittin next to the man sittin next to the man what called your piccolo player a cracker. I'm not even the man sittin next to the man sittin next to the man sittin next to the man sittin Next To The MAN, what called your piccolo player a cracker.

What I wanna know is, "Who called that cracker a piccolo player!"

Edited for content and from the late, great, Moms Mabely and copied by many.
All that matters here is not what folk is saying about one another but the actions of these folks. I'll not try to figure out if anybody has been dishonest.

This I know, If this post were about me, and somebody pointed it out to me, I would do everything I could to make sure my buyer was happy. Including going to a friends home, or even the library to get online and keep my buyer informed....I would not have my friends and acquaintances answering for me.

There is no excuse in this day and age for a lack of communication. Even if I were home bound I'd have somebody bring over a phone.
Steve - KA9MOT
KS4ED

Hmmm...

Post by KS4ED »

Larry? Frank? Only two?
K9XR

Re: Hmmm...

Post by K9XR »

It must only be for the other members of the jury.

KS4ED wrote:Larry? Frank? Only two?
NA6TE

Need your help Paul

Post by NA6TE »

Paul,
I’m sorry but I am trying to oblige you “you also have my address, come and serve me...”
however the address on your FCC license is a UPS Store and they can’t take service. Could you verify that 508 Abilene Trl Cincinnati OH.45215-2515 may possibly your physical address? The owners have the same last name but not the correct first names.

If this is your physical address please let me know and if it is not your physical address, would you be so kind as to provide it?

Nate
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
w8jn

fun with nate

Post by w8jn »

nate,
heading out the door to catch a flight to sunny florida for the next ten days. we will continue our "fun with nate" upon return.
best 73 and happy hoss trading paul w8jn
KS4ED

Yes or no...

Post by KS4ED »

What in heck does that have to do with, "Yes, it is."
Or, "No, my address is......."
kg4mlo

Re: Need your help Paul

Post by kg4mlo »

Isn't it odd that just when Paul gets backed into the corner he has a plane to catch in the middle of the night. Check the times of his squirming post ant the put 'm in the corner post. I could get into this detective stuff. And to quote a famous detective: "HAR HAR HAR"

NA6TE wrote:Paul,
I’m sorry but I am trying to oblige you “you also have my address, come and serve me...”
however the address on your FCC license is a UPS Store and they can’t take service. Could you verify that 508 Abilene Trl Cincinnati OH.45215-2515 may possibly your physical address? The owners have the same last name but not the correct first names.

If this is your physical address please let me know and if it is not your physical address, would you be so kind as to provide it?

Nate
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

As of today, the facts are:
1. On Jan. 20, Bob Cornell K7FX received my money for an amplifier.
2. On Feb. 11 or about, he received the amplifier back from FedEx.
3. Since Feb. 11, he didn't respond to many phone calls, e-mails from me, or on-air "encouragement" from other hams. In reality, he had the money and the amplifier.
4. There is no contact from FedEx.

Trung W6TN
ki6ky

K7FX has been as helpful as he can.

Post by ki6ky »

The impression that k7fx is the bad guy here, is erroneous! Bob has been as helpful as he can be. The following communications between the two people involved in this problem should bear this out:

To: nguyenesq@gmail.com
Subject: RE: Amplifier
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:28:24 -0700

They will not let me file as you have already filed a claim. I packaged and shipped in good faith. I am not responsible for the delivery condition of this package in transit. You must follow up and be persistent as you will not get money from me Trung..This was a very nice amp for the money you paid. And I paid for the insurance as to protect us from damaged goods..Again I will do what I can but fedex will not allow me a claim on this and I will not be out 570 dollars and end up the victim..You can win this case but you must stay firm..I feel bad but not responsible for any damage. Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 05:38:59 -0800
Subject: Re: Amplifier
To: k7fx@hotmail.com

Dear Bob:
I am very disappointed and upset the way FedEx handled this matter. I think it's better for you as their customer to deal with them. From now on I will not ship or buy anything related to FedEx shipping. The amplifier is now in the location where you shipped it from. I would like to ask you to refund the money $500 to me after I already take a loss of $70 for shipping. It is reasonable because FedEx would not consider me as their customer and will not deal with me. They would care less about my concern. You can better deal with them than I can.
Thank you for your consideration.

Trung W6TN
714-260-8861

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:53 AM, bob cornell <k7fx> wrote:

I 'll take care of it Trung. They signed for it and have it in there possession. That means they excepted it as damaged goods.. I will let you know today..Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 12:02:41 -0800

Dear Bob:
They completed shut me out now. They said the package either is ready to return to you or already in your hand. I said no way. I called them 4-5 times but now have no where to go. When they picked up my call they would check on their computer and refuse to talk to me. I told them the tube is like a brain it is now damaged I can not use it any more. But they didn't care. They prefer to deal with you, the sender.

Please call them and talk to them for me. I am in limbo right now. I rather know one way or the other. I don't have the amp or the money. So it is very frustrated for me. Thank you for listening and helping out.

Trung W6TN

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:26 AM, bob cornell <k7fx> wrote:

They always deny at first. And the package was excepted and signed by there Guy (Victor)> So its there baby now. I went twice to see the damage and they are only open 2 hours a day at this holding place. They told me they would call after inspecting the package. Did you take Pictures???. Best for you to call them and be aggressive with them as we paid them to deliver a package not tear it apart...I will call on them again tomorrow morning. Please push them from your end as I have not seen the amplifier sense I shipped it to you. If you need info let me know Trung. Bob

Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 06:34:55 -0800
Subject: Fwd: Amplifier

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM
To: devin cornell <dev011>

Dear Bob:
I just called the FedEx this morning. They told me that you already the package they sent back to you or it is available for pick up. The claim was denied. If we need to dispute the claim only you can do that. Can you find out more information, please? Thank you.

Trung W6TN

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 2:30 AM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

I gave them all the Information on 1-24-10 and they said the claim would be opened. As of yesterday (Thursday) The box and Amp are being inspected. Bob

Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:57:22 -0800

To: dev011@live.com

Dear Bob:
I forgot if you can't fax the statement you can scan it then send to me. I will fax to them by myself. If you can fax then just ignore my suggestion.

Trung W6TN

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:32 AM, Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq> wrote:

Dear Bob:
We are in the same boat. I am up normally around 3:35AM and leave home for work at 4:10AM. I never pick up any phone after 8:30PM.
For the transaction with FedEx, they need your statement with signature for them to deal with me. You may need to contact FedEx and fax your statement to the following person with her direct fax number. Here is the information: 1-866-277-0407 Attn: Amanda C.
If you have any question please let me know.
Trung W6TN

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:34 AM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

Please do not call after 7 Pm your Time as I am sleeping. I wake around 2:45 3 am. and the phone makes me jump. I will go again after I work today Trung,they are very incompetent when you need your insurance claim filled... Bob

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 16:51:04 -0800

Bob
Could you call FedEx again tomorrow?I suspected they messed up somewhere now they claimed no input from you. Let me know if you need any information. Thank you
Trung W6TN

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 2, 2010, at 16:31, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

I went the next day, January 24 th, Trung after your email and they made copies of all the paper. Let me know......Bob

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:07:15 -0800

Dear Bob:
Did you have a chance to see FedEx and send in the shipping doc? I will go to the FedEx here tomorrow so that they can inspect the damage. I will let you know what the result will be. Thank you.
Trung W6TN

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 3:40 AM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

I will go monday to FedEx and the woman there will send a copy into the main office. Send me the claim number. That was a great amplifier and the third one to be broken through shipping. I could tell from the pictures you sent to me the amp was dropped probably from waist high as to bend the pins. Make sure to take pictures of both box's and all the stickers and writing on the lid. Let me know Trung.....Bob

Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 23:20:29 -0800

Dear Bob:
I already submitted a claim to FedEx yesterday. One of the documents they need is the FedEx shipping document. Can you scan or send me a copy of the shipping doc? Thank you for your help. Since I don't have to use the amp right away it is not too inconvenient to go through the claim process now.

Trung W6TN

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:06 AM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

I do not know if the tube has been damaged. The Amplifier was working perfectly when it left,I would call FedEx and explain your situation. If you do not want to hassle trying to the fix pins and remount the tube. You can claim for a new tube or the whole Amplifier. Trung hows the bias transformer on the back?? Its up to you? Let me know if I need to call or go down to FedEx Make sure you email me if you put the tube back and try operating the amp,if you can get money for a new tube and keep the amp that's good. I will never ship anything again. This is the third time,Once with yaesu MP1000 agin with a pair of 3-500ZG and now the amp. Its not good. Trung let me know. Bob. P.S.Trung if you fix the tube and fire up the Amp,allow 3 minutes to warm before keying.

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:49:57 -0800

Dear Bob:
I haven't done this type of claim before. I don't know whether FedEx open tomorrow or not I will try. Here are some pictures I took tonight. They show the pins are out but not clear enough to show its pin also bent. It is difficult to take a close up picture due to light and limit of my camera. Thank you.

Trung W6TN

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:55 PM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

I took out $600.00 insurance. And packed it tight. If it is damaged get the Money Trung. I wrote all over The box and put stickers as to be careful while shipping. Put stickers everywhere. I feel they just don't care when they ship stuff. I thought I packed it tight and safe.. Let me know trung...Bob

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:23:03 -0800

Dear Bob:
I received the package tonight. I can see the plug is 220V 15A. I probably will try the extension cord first. My Home Depot does not have that extension cord.
The bad news is the tube is out of its socket; couple pins are bent. I hope the amp is not damaged. It probably takes me few days or weeks to test it out at work. I will let you know. Thanks.

Trung W6TN

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq> wrote:

Dear Bob:
I have couple options.
First, I have a 30A 220V outlet for the dryer but my dryer is 110V. I can tab into it by building an electrical box in the attic and run about 20 feet 10/3 or 12/3 for the another outlet in a different room.
Secondly, I can run a cord as you suggested from that outlet to the room which is about 10-15 feet away laying it on the floor when I use and remove it when I don't.
Thirdly, I can run a fresh line from the main break box to a new outlet in the room. The break box is about 10-15 away plus going up the attic and down along the wall. I have done this before.
I will wait to see what ampere the amp requires. I assume about 15A or 20A max.
What do you think?
Trung W6TN

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

Trung are you talking 220 breaker? that is 30 amp. I am not sure what you mean. Are you going to run wire from 200amp panel or pick up a line of something else. Let me know and I will help you as best I can. When you receive the amp call me before you do anything so I can walk you through. Tell me how are you going to power the amp with 220? or 110?.. And do you have 220 available? Let me know as you do not want to blow the tube...Bob

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:49:58 -0800

Dear Bob:
Thank you. What ampere do I need for the power? either 110v or 220v. Thanks
Trung W6TN

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:40 PM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

Amplifier has left here today,tracking # 039884810216538. I insured for $600 just incase. Let me know when arrives your place. 73 Trung, and thanks...Bob K7FX

Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:43:51 -0800

Dear Bob:
Did you receive my money order yet? Thank you.

Trung W6TN

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:54 AM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

I have nothing Trung. You can download all information on the Dentron MLA 2500B and also on the 4cx800 and how to care and correctly operate this tube. It is a tetrode tube and needs 3 minute worm up or close to it.Let me know if you need help? You can try manuals at DK Manuals or DK Mods??? I am not sure. 73 Bob .K7FX...

Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:02:42 -0800

Hi Bob:
Do you have any manual, schematic or instruction for the amp? Please send them, too.
Thank you.
Trung W6TN

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

Trung,this is a wonderful place during spring break. The town is overflowing with young beautiful college girls from all over the world. I have been here 17 years. Raised My two son's. Very nice yet summers get up to 125 degrees Temperature. Ha ha. You made a good buy Trung. Have a nice day,\ Bob k7fx.

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:02:04 -0800

Bob
Don't need to be worry about that I don' pay attention where you live. Actually I may be more envious because where you live. Hah hah
Btw the USPS money order is on its way. Have a good day!
Trung W6TN

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 15, 2010, at 10:47, devin cornell <dev011> wrote:

Hello Trung, I hope i am not seeming to covert but I live out on my property in Yucca and use my Son's Address or the one on QRZ is good that's my old Girlfriend. I have the Amplifier at Jan's House. His address is, Jan M. Cornell, 3535 Chemehuevi Blvd, Lake Havasu City 86406. Thanks will shipp on arrival of money order. Bob K7fx
KI6KY
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

Dear KI6KY:
Thank you for your go-between. Apparently, that Bob Cornell DOES have internet connection; otherwise you would not have this list of e-mails.

He forgot to include the following message after the Feb. 11.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to bob cornell <k7fx>
date Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM
subject Re: Amplifier
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details Feb 11
Dear Bob:
I have some good news to report to you.
I talked to the original inspector. Her name is Eunice D' Orr. She agreed to settle the claim for $300 because the damage is considered to be "enclosed" damage. There is no apparent damage from the package. I think it's reasonable. They will pay back the shipping charge, too.

Now there are two ways to do this.
1. You file the claim with them. The money will go directly to you. You have the amplifier back. You return my money.
2. You send a waiver letter to them. The money will go directly to me. But you have to ship the amplifier to me again.

I prefer the first choice. You let me know what you think. Thank you.

Her contact is as follows:
Fax number is 866-598-9104
Phone is 901-348-9350
Tracking number is 039884810216538 (this needs to be on ALL papers)

If you have any question please let me know. Thank you.
Trung W6TN"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I stated earlier in my first post that "I am at loss of what happened along the way. I always thought the ham brethren group is trustworthy, but not sure now. "

I still stand by that statement.
I repeat here again that the facts are Bob had my money and the amp as of this writing. So how can I resolve this issue if he doesn't contact FedEx or me. BTW, I left him another message this morning.
Trung W6TN
Last edited by W6TN on Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

And here are the rest of e-mails, please pay attention to the date.

----------------------------
Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to bob cornell <k7fx>
date Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:11 PM

hide details Feb 12 (13 days ago)
Dear Bob:
I have left many calls on your phone/voice mail but I receive NO response. If you were on my shoe I would take steps to help you out. I think we need to discuss. At this point I have no amp, no money, and no communication from you.
I don't know what went wrong but we need to resolve this matter. Thank you.
Trung W6TN

Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to devin cornell <dev011>
date Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM
subject Fwd: Amplifier

hide details Feb 12 (13 days ago)
Dear Devin, KC7SHF
Could you forward this e-mail to your father, Bob Cornell, K7FX? I haven't received any response from him after I left many voice messages. Thank you for your help.
Trung W6TN

Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to devin cornell <dev011>,
bob cornell <k7fx>
date Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Feb 16 (9 days ago)
Dear Bob and Devin:
This is the paper form FedEx wants you to file the claim. The reason
is I filed the claim online so you can NOT file online again. However,
you can claim with this form. Remember if you file the claim, FedEx
will pay you directly and you will keep the amplifier. I need you to
return my money back. If you do NOT file the claim then you need to
waive it by writing to FedEx. I will keep the amplifier with the
partial reimbursement from FedEx.

Trung W6TN

------------------------

Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to devin cornell <dev011>,
bob cornell <k7fx>
date Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Dear Bob and Devin:
Today, I just called FedEx and talked to Kelly Bishop of Customer Assistance in Cincinnati, OH. Her number is 800-463-3339 extension 0 (zero) then ask her name. BTW, her husband is a ham radio operator, too. She checked with the FedEx center where you shipped the amplifier from. They told her you already picked up the amplifier last week. She is willing to help you out if you call the above number.

Since you already have the amp back it is time for you to return my money. My information is as follows:

Trung Nguyen
---
---
---

Thank you.
Trung W6TN
-------------------------
I received no response from Bob since Feb. 11. It has been 14 days.
Trung W6TN
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

Dear Scott KA9FOX,

I forgot to say thank you for providing this forum so that I and others can air the dispute. Without it, we may not have any another medium to shed light or share unpleasant experiences in dealing with other hams. Hopefully, one, who pays attention to these writings, will be able to enjoy a better transaction.

Again, thank you.
Trung W6TN
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

To all;

The saga gets weirder. After a post from KI6KY I received few e-mails by K7FX immediately even I received earlier information that Mr. Cornell has no Internet connection.

Here are his and my responses.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bob cornell <k7fx>
to nguyenesq
date Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM
subject FW: Amplifier

Trung .... You understand that you filed the claim therefore you took on the responsibility to follow through with these actions. I am not responsible for what happened during the shipping...Tube in or out makes no difference...I feel you have a choice here. Go on QTH and tell the truth,rebuke all statements made against My Son and myself. And I will ship the amp to you as soon as I feel the truth has been put on QTH. You think you can fool me with your tube story that's fine. But now you are in the whole and want your amp...I feel you lied about the amp being damaged. FedEx called me and told me to pick it up or it will go out as scrap. I told them that the amp belonged to you and I did not want it even though it was shipped back.They asked me why it came back and I told them you started a claim..I picked the Amp up and fixed the two pins and the amp works fine. FedEx has faxed me all the information. I will look into the aronius claims made on QTH of My Son and I being thieves and the revealing of our personal records because of your inability to follow through with what you started. I will not be involved in you charade anymore,as I told you via email 2-11-2010, I am not responsible for what FedEx does to any package being shipped. And I washed my hands of the matter as I expressed to you after I did what you asked. I will also look into the person or persons at FedEx that told of my picking up the amp...You have caused a great deal of foolishness by attempting to throw your problem on Me and my Son..I told you over the phone the reason I used the email address dev011 as some fine ham operator used k7fx.bob and sold a radio... I want you to know what you think of me makes no difference as you took on FedEx and could not handle the situation and so you cried on QTH and started a fiasco of Ignorance and unjustified remarks. If you decline my offer I will post all information on Qth from FedEx and will prove you a fraud.Good Luck....Bob Cornell K7FX
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to bob cornell <k7fx>
date Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM
subject Re: FW: Amplifier

Dear Bob:

Thank you for your response.

First, I initiated the claim; however, you are the FedEx customer they want to deal with you. That means you need to re-start the claim by paper format. Alternatively, you can waive the claim. I already conveyed this message to you many times by phone calls and e-mails. I want to emphasize again you shipped the item via FedEx until you file your claim or waive your claim FedEx will not deal with me no matter I initiated or not. You are responsible to deal with FedEx, period. What happened during the shipping I have no idea but you bought the insurance and that's the reason you can file the claim.

Secondly, I will stand by my statements on qth.com. You can review them as you wish. I can't be responsible for others' statement made on qth.com. Whether you decide to ship the amp or not it depends on your action not mine. There is no way for me to know when and if you feel my statement true or not. I again can stand by my statements.

Thirdly, I don't judge your belief about whether the amp was damaged or not. Your action spoke loudly and clearly. You stated you "fixed the two pins and the amp works fine." Obviously, the tube's pins were damaged. I didn't buy the damaged good. It should not be fixed or repaired as I agreed to buy it.

Fourthly, you released a list of e-mails to your friend, Ki6KY, who posted on qth.com today. These e-mails included my personal e-mail information. I followed it with a complete listing of other e-mails he purposefully missed them. The e-mails do not have your e-mail's information or your son's. You should review them.

BTW, your son started the listing on qth.com so he is as much as involved in this unpleasant experience. Since you cut off the communication starting on Feb. 11 I have no choice but alerted others about your action. I already asked one of your acquaintance to speak with you on air prior posting my feedback on qth.com. You should have known the issues.

Now, I do NOT want the amplifier back any more since it's already damaged as you stated. I will give you to the end of business day of Tuesday March 2 to return my money. I will alter my statements, the best I can, on qth.com after receiving my money back.

If the matter is not resolved by March 2, I will take a legal action with appropriate authorities including local, state, federal agencies.

I wish this unpleasant experience didn't happen. Thank you.

73, Trung W6TN
bob cornell <k7fx>
to nguyenesq
date Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM
subject RE: Amplifier
Good luck...
Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to bob cornell <k7fx>
date Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Dear Bob:
So how do you want to resolve the problem?
As of now, you don't want to file your claim. You don't want to waive your claim. You currently keep my money and the amp.

73 Trung W6TN
bob cornell <k7fx>
to nguyenesq
date Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM
subject RE: Amplifier

I will post all papers from FedEx and show that you lied about the amp being damaged...I will take the amp back to FedEx after I finish with what I need to do..You should have told the truth and apologized..
Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to bob cornell <k7fx>
date Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Dear Bob,
What?
Sometimes I sit and think, sometimes I just sit.
Trung W6TN
He posted another e-mail under subject FRAUD

bob cornell <k7fx>
to nguyenesq
date Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 8:44 PM
subject Fraud

As I told you on the 11 th of Feb...I am all done with you...Good Luck
Trung Nguyen <nguyenesq>
to bob cornell <k7fx>
date Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:12 AM
subject Re: Fraud

Dear Bob:
What?
You had my money and the amp. Is this a setup?
Trung W6TN

Should I slam my table? Nah.
Trung W6TN
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Following this last set of emails, I guess it is obvious who the crook is.

Bob, you did not properly protect the Amp when shipped. Shipping damage is your fault.

How do you think its OK to keep or dispose of the Amp and keep the money? This is pure dishonesty.

I know that I will never deal with Bob K7FX

Please sue me too Bob.....After all, the only defense is the truth, and you already provided the truth for all to see.

I'll bet your buddy Nate is real proud of you now.
Steve - KA9MOT
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree Mr. Cornell has showed his character in the E mails shown. Were all entitled to error but i agree with KA9MOT's words..
Larry Huff K0pd