Why bother??

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N2PET

Why bother??

Post by N2PET »

Just wondering why people put posts on QTH.com Just to list a peice of equip that is on AUCTION on E BAY??? Make up your mind EPAY or QTH. Just my 2 cents worth. Scott. N2PET. :?: :?: :?:
K8ERV

Why Bother?

Post by K8ERV »

There has been a lot of discussion about cross-listing. I can see one good reason for this. Not everyone has the time to cruise Ebay, so pointing out a good ham deal can save a lot of time. On another site I suggested making a new forum just for such cross-listings, so those who don't like them can avoid it. Maybe this will be done.

TOM K8ERV

tlamb@mesa.net
________
Ipad Guides
Last edited by K8ERV on Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
n9fik

Post by n9fik »

Ebay is blocked from many a work place...I am not saying that any Amateur Radio op would ever utilize workplace assets for personal use... :lol:
Happy_Hamer

double the exposure

Post by Happy_Hamer »

You get more exposure of your item, get more people to look gets more possible buyers I dont see a problem posting the link in both or several places
AB8RU

E Bay

Post by AB8RU »

I have a very different SKED than the rest of you my days on & off are very odd, so I can do stuff at home and the job site I could not begin to do, let alone we dont need a computer here.

right now with this storm coming off Lk. Michigan the Ebay connection is not connecting very well.

:roll:

but at least I got my 2 Tickets and my Code Requirements out of the way :wink:
Mark A. Holman AB8RU, CRO
Assoc. Member SBE
Diverjim

Post by Diverjim »

Scott,

Sounds as if you have an issue with just Ebay. Am I correct????

I see the same equipment/stuff/junk posted on QTH.com, QRZ.com as well as Eham.com all the time.

Are you of the opinion hams should only list their equipment on ham related Sale Sites???? Sure is closed-minded of you.

The thing is, Ebay is an auction site. The other three sites mentioned are not. Maybe that's your issue. Please clarify?

Jim
k3ich

eBay listings on QTH.COM

Post by k3ich »

My personal opinion is that, unless you are willing to kick in a little to the site for an auction sale, it is unethical to use this medium to solicit bids on eBay. All of these sites are financed in large part by contributions from users. More so, if you list your ebay auction on several different sites, you should treat each one as if the sale resulted from that listing. In other words, if you normally ante up 2% to a website for a sale, you should send 2% to each site that carried your ebay auction info. If however, you have gotten specific permission from the webmaster to list eBay auctions WITHOUT the usual donation to the site, then I suppose it's all OK, but it still seems like you're taking unfair advantage of the site in the process.

73' Charlie k3ICH