W6TN Trung Nguyen I didn't get what I paid for.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K7FF

W6TN Trung Nguyen I didn't get what I paid for.

Post by K7FF »

I bought two NP-1 Superanttenas from W6TN recently from her on QTH, paying him close to new price..

He sent a number of photos for the stuff. I looked them over carefully for condition and found them satisfactory.

I never thought to carefully check that he had included photos of everything that comes with the MP-1. I assumed he would tell me if anything was missing.

There was some significant items missing from one of the antennas, making it unuseable.

W6TN replied to my email saying that the photos showed everything.

I did not get what I paid for, and will now have to find another MP-1.

I am not saying 'don't buy from W6TN'--I AM am saying that if you do, be VERY careful to list everything that you expect to receive. Ie. If you are buying an amplifier, make sure it has a full set of tubes, knobs, etc. etc. etc. And, insist that he verify the list--AND, insist that he make a complete list of ANYTHING MISSING, DAMAGED, INOPERABLE, etc. in a return email. And, get a full and complete set of individual photos.

Otherwise...
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

I debated whether I should respond to Derek's message or not. This hobby is very dear to my heart, and I have found many friends on and off the air since 1982.

The items Derek bought may be substantial to him and me but the monetary value should not be a judgment to muddle my name or his. Disagreement may arise due to mis-communication and it is understandable.

Derek was satisfied with the photos, I sent, which showed two complete MP-1 antennas. During the e-mails exchange, I also pointed out the different items on each antenna by the photos. Derek was satisfied after looking over them.

I was not aware of what applications or usages Derek was intending to use the antennas with, and I was not asked to indicate any other deficiencies, if any. I would do differently if I was aware of Derek's concern.

I hope this response will represent my side of the story. Thank you for your reading.

Trung W6TN
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

The question is simple...Did you send everything that was shown in the photos? If the answer is yes, I see no case for argument. If the answer is no, then I would say the buyer has a valid gripe.
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

VE3TMT

I sent everything as shown in the photos. Thank you for your reply.
Trung W6TN
W6TN

Post by W6TN »

Today, I received a comment from a prospective buyer. He concerned after reading this post by K7FF.

Therefore, I would like to release all communications relating to K7FF's transaction to clear my name.

You make the call.
-----------------------------------------------------------
0. My first e-mail responded to his ad:
Dear DereK K7FF,
I have two MP-1 Super Antennas for sale. Please let me know what would you offer for it? Thank you.
T. Nguyen, W6TN

Ad Message:
I am looking for one or more MP-1 Superantennas.
The adjustable coils and 12" mast parts need to be in excellent condition. The condition of the remainder of the antennas is not important, but needs to be priced accordingly.

1. First e-mail from K7FF to me on 11/23/09
>T. Nguyen>
Are they new in the boxes, or are they used?
What is your price for both shipped to 95685?
DereK
K7FF

2. My response on 11/23/09
Dear Derek:
They are used. I don't have a set price yet. I try to sell them to buy other rig. Just give me a reasonable offer. Thank you.

W6TN

3. His response on 11/23/09
Nguyen>
I need to know what the condition is?
Can you send me some photos?
DereK
K7FF

4. My response on 11/23/09
I will take few pictures tonight. Is there any particular angle you want to see?
Trung
W6TN

5. His response on 11/23/09
Please take a couple of photos of the coil out of the aluminum sleave and of the aluminum sleave. Also, a couple of photos of the rest of the antenna, etc.
(I highlighted)

6. My response on 11/23/09
Dear Derek:
Here are few pictures of two sets of MP-1 antennas. One is with 80m coil. One is with a tripod. Both main coils are in very good condition. Thank you.
Trung W6TN
(I can provide all six (6) pictures I sent to him. They are too BIG to post here)

7. His response on 11/23/09
Trung>
Thank you for the nice set of photos.
I am interested in all of the stuff.
Please give me your price, including shipping to 95685 Sutter Creek near Placerville CA?
DereK
K7FF

8. My response on 11/23/09
I don't have any idea about the current price. Just give me an offer. The shipping I guess is 15-20 or less. Thank you
Trung
W6TN

9. His response on 11/23/09
Trung>
My offer is $100.
Plus $20. shipping
$120. total
For all the MP-1 stuff.
Please advise.
DereK
K7FF

10. My response on 11/23/09
I will take $130 ( $65 per set) plus the shipping. Thank you

11. His response on 11/23/09
Trung>
$150. total
That works for me.
Do you want me to mail you a USPS Money Order tomorrow, Tuesday, to your QRZ address in XXXXXX, CA?
I am>
DereK J. XXXXXXX
XXXXX
XXXX, CA XXXXX
I will include a return mailing label, and fragile stickers.
Please advise.
DereK
K7FF
(I deleted his address and mine)

12. My response on 11/23/09
Dear Derek
A personal check is just fine. My qth is in qrz.com. Thank you.

13. Trung>
Great, that will make it easier for me.
I will mail the check to your QRZ address tomorrow, Tuesday.
DereK
K7FF

14. My response on 12/2/09
Dear Derek:
I just came back from a vacation since last Tuesday. Today, I opened my mails and saw your check, and I haven't deposited it yet.
This afternoon, I sent the two antennas via USPS, so please look out for it. I have two numbers from USPS but not sure they are tracking numbers. One is delivery confirmation number: 0309 1830 0000 0774 5148. The other number is for insurance: 1309 1040 0001 6373 4309. Please let me know if you have any question. Thank you for your patience.
W6TN

15. His response on 12/2/09
Trung>
Thanks for the update.
There is no problem with the delay--it may be after New Years before i can get to them.
I am looking for two more MP-1s if you know of any.
Thanks, and
Happy Thanksgiving '09 Past
DereK
K7FF

16. My inquiry about his plan to use the antennas on 12/2/09
Hi Derek:
What do you plan to use them? Are you setting up a dipole, a phase vertical?
Trung
W6TN

17. His e-mail on 12/4/09
Trung>
I was disappointed to discover that the following items are missing from the two MP-1 antennas>
Two 3/8" x 12" mast sections
One Antenna mount assembly
One C-clamp
One 3/8" mast coupler
Did you forget to include them in the box?
Please advise.
DereK
K7FF

18. My response on 12/4/09
Dear Derek:
Sorry for your disappointment. But if you look at the set of pictures I sent each set will have different items. One set has a 80m coil; the other has other mechanical items.
W6TN

19. His response on 12/4/09
Trung>
I assumed you would take that approach.
Dishonest.
If there were ORIGINAL parts of either antenna missing, you needed to tell me at the START. If I had known, I wouold have never paid you very close to new price.
When I looked at the photos I was looking for condition, not trying to figure out if something might be missing.
Guys like you NEVER own up, and ALWAYS point their figure elsewhere instead of at themselves in the mirror.
You cheated me.
DereK
K7FF
(capital letters were his)

20. This was the last e-mail from me
Dear Derek:
I am sorry you feel that way. I never intend to cheat you any way shape or form. I presented to you the two sets of antennas. I showed that on the pictures. I didn't keep any parts away or hide anything away from those pictures. I have no way to know which original parts are missing. One set may have different parts because the previous owner bought that way. In addition, I pointed out the additional 80m coil and the tripod as described in my previous e-mail. Different owner may have different setup. I bought them separately so I don't have any clue what would be considered missing or not.
----
Dear Derek:
Here are few pictures of two sets of MP-1 antennas. One is with 80m coil. One is with a tripod. Both main coils are in very good condition. Thank you.

Trung W6TN
---
Trung, W6TN
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

The only thing i see missing in your e mail transactions MR. Nguyen, is that you apparently not knowing a whole lot about the antennas, and what all goes with them is you should have stated that as far as you knew all was there, but you could not be positive as you bought them used. I doubt you were trying to cheat anyone but if your not 100% sure of something you should mention that.
Larry Huff K0pd
K7FF

W6TN> IT IS TIME TO OWN UP AND REFUND MY MONEY

Post by K7FF »

K0PD hit it right on the head>by his own admission, W6TN didn't know what he was selling and didn't know what the antennas needed to include to be complete.

It is time for W6TN TO REFUND MY $ and for me to return his stuff...
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

lhuffk0pd wrote:The only thing i see missing in your e mail transactions MR. Nguyen, is that you apparently not knowing a whole lot about the antennas, and what all goes with them is you should have stated that as far as you knew all was there, but you could not be positive as you bought them used. I doubt you were trying to cheat anyone but if your not 100% sure of something you should mention that.
Why? He sent everything in the pictures. The buyer saw exactly what he was paying for. He got everything he saw.

I say it was a miss communication that should never have happened. A picture speaks 1000 words.
K7FF

kc0rey

Post by K7FF »

KC0REY>

Your upinion on the subject has no probative value>you have not seen the photos, and you choose to ignore their purpose--which was to show the condition of the antennas, NOT to be an all-inclusive display of what was included.

All of which is moot--W6TN has no intention of owning up and doinn what's right.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

W6TN wrote:Derek was satisfied with the photos, I sent, which showed two complete MP-1 antennas.
Sounds like these were incomplete MP-1 antennas?

- Scott
K7FF

KA9FOX

Post by K7FF »

Scott>

Ypu are correct, one was complete, one was incomplete.

Dear DereK K7FF,
I have two MP-1 Super Antennas for sale. Please let me know what would you offer for it? Thank you.
T. Nguyen, W6TN

I need to know what the condition is?
Can you send me some photos?
DereK
K7FF

4. My response on 11/23/09
I will take few pictures tonight. Is there any particular angle you want to see?
Trung
W6TN

My response on 11/23/09
Dear Derek:
Trung W6TN
17. His e-mail on 12/4/09
Trung>
I was disappointed to discover that the following items are missing from the two MP-1 antennas>
Two 3/8" x 12" mast sections
One Antenna mount assembly
One C-clamp
One 3/8" mast coupler
Did you forget to include them in the box?
Please advise.
DereK
K7FF
K7FF

W6TN

Post by K7FF »

Since it is obvious that W6TN has no intention of making things right, I am going to list the stuff he sent me here on QTH and cut my losses.
n8rt

What to do if a sale goes bad and you are the seller

Post by n8rt »

If the buyer is unhappy , ask the individual to return the item, if all is OK after the return, simply REFUND the MONEY!
ROB N8RT
K7FF

W6TN The sorry saga is finis...

Post by K7FF »

I sold the MP-1 stuff at a $30. loss--keep that in mind when you see a W6TN listing in the future...
K7FF

IT IS TIME FOR W6TN TO MAKE GOOD.

Post by K7FF »

W6TN>
Now that AE2JL recognized his mistake on our deal, perhaps it's time for you to do the same.
You can PayPal me the $30. I lost on our deal for the incomplete MP-1 antenna you sold me--it might give your conscience a break...
DereK
K7FF
w8jn

trung, make things right

Post by w8jn »

trung,
a lot of people stuck their necks out for you in your bad deal with bob cornell. we defended you and worked hard to get your money refunded. now its time for you to make things right with derek. send him his $30 back. very disappointing that you would come here pleading for us to take your side in a bad deal when you apparently have violated the "clean hands doctrine"
73 and happy honest hoss trading paul w8jn