KE4ZRJ - Steve Blevins

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa4wip

KE4ZRJ - Steve Blevins

Post by wa4wip »

I have pondered over writing this negative feedback for some time now, but to protect some other unsuspecting ham, I feel the need to do so. Part of this problem is mine, due to the fact that I am a trustworthy ham and believe what my fellow amateurs say. It has been almost 5 months now that I sold a TS 430s to Steve Blevins, KE4ZRJ, of Jonesborough, TN. Based upon his promise that a money order was in the mail, I shipped the radio without receiving payment FIRST(my mistake - I should have waited but believing my fellow ham, I sent the package). He received the radio and I never received the money order. Contacting Steve, he promised to send another money order, which I never received, either. After 18 pages of emails and a couple of phone calls he finally emailed me that the money order was in the mail - I responded with "Really" and he retorted with "No Dick I am just telling you a redneck lie! Yes, it was mailed". However, this was NEVER received either so it appears that it was a "redneck lie". I have contacted the postal authorities and the sheriff in the county where Steve resides, but to date nothing has happened. He does not respond to my emails and my request to just "send the radio back". If you know Steve, maybe you can help me out. Really not sure WHY he does not respond. I have learned my lesson and hope you will learn from this, too - :Do not ship until funds are received". I had high hopes of the trustworthiness and integrity of my fellow amateur radio operators - but? Dick WA4WIP
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

After some basic research, I have found that Mr. Blevins (a technician class operator) has possibly been using your radio to talk out of his licensed band(s).

There's an eQSL link, below, which shows a contact with VE3FGU (Canada) from Mr. Blevins. Now, unless there was a decent band opening, I find it difficult to believe he got from Tennessee to Canada within his legal band parameters, but of course, I could be mistaken...

http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/eWASStanding ... To=1233319

Just scroll down to "TN" and you will find KE4ZRJ (to VE3FGU).

--Rich
wa4wip

KE4ZRJ

Post by wa4wip »

Thanks for that information
Dick WA4WIP
wa4wip

KE4ZRJ - Steve W. Blevins

Post by wa4wip »

Just wondering if anyone knows this person, Steve W. Blevins, KE4ZRJ from Jonesborough, TN? Been 6 months now since I sent him a TS 430s without receiving any payment from him or any correspondence lately. Seems strange when he was so friendly to begin with, but now, nothing. Maybe something has happened to him so thought maybe someone in his area might be able to give me some insight. Would sure appreciate it - Dick WA4WIP
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

UNBELIEVABLE! Dick is by far, one of the best, if not the best, that I have ever dealt with in my many years of buying and selling on QTH.com, as well as one of the most respected on QTH.com.. The rigs that Dick puts up for sale, which are excellent condition, both physically, as well as electronically.he sells well below market value. Stealing from Dick, is like stealing from your mother. Having Googled this clowns location, he has NO EXCUSE What-So-Ever. As a favor to my friend here, I will plaster the web with ALL of the information that I have on him. I have now made this clown my personal pet project. Dick, keep your spirits high buddy, this clown will get his. For those of us that know Dick via a purchase, or as just a friend, we need to put some real pressure on this wanna-be ham, whether here or maybe a visit in person to this clown. I'm generally not interested in getting involved in disputes on this forum, however, Dick is a GREAT friend to which I will promise to use everything at my disposal to handle this. Everyone have a Happy New Year!

73 de Frank./KB2VYZ
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
w8jn

help

Post by w8jn »

Dick,
I have helped a number of hams recover money from crooks. The things the crooks all had in common were 1. not wanting their reputations ruined, 2 they were intimidated by the police and postal inspectors.
When you run into a crook who doesn't care about his reputation (like a suicide bomber) or is not intimidated by the USPS or police, you have to take more definitive action. You may have to sue him in small claims court or hire an attorney to go after him. Even if he is a no show in court and you win a default judgment, you may still never collect. Often what you find is that these deadbeats have a list a mile long of people who have won judgements against them. All trying to collect.
Dont give up. Keep his name up front and never let this rest.
Good luck. 73 Paul w8jn
w8jn

check this out

Post by w8jn »

as i suspected, he is a "roadie" drifter, irresponsible "deadhead groupie". Check out his "my space page" it is loaded with lots of personal information and contact information with his friends family and associates. Maybe you should drop his friends and family a note and you will get some results. good luck paul w8jn

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =240137975
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

Some random thoughts:

1. A "redneck lie" is a damned lie. PERIOD. As a certified, card-carrying redneck, I find that term offensive. I'll live.
2. A money order always has a receipt. If uncashed, it is easy to get the money back. Clearly the guy is a liar, cheat, and is trying to steal.
3. There are some very good hams in that part of the country. I have dealt with Ric, KA4TUE several times and have always found him to be totally trustworthy to a level of perfection. You might try to see if he knows something about the waste of skin that is trying to steal.
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

Rut Roh Roerge, Paul is here. time to start sleeping with one eye ope....hahaha

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
w8jn

he would be proud

Post by w8jn »

george jetson would be proud of you frank!!!
73 paul w8jn
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

hahaha, STEVE YOU NEED TO PAY Mr. Tesar, WA4WIP. Dick is one of the classiest guys on this board. Dick gave you the benefit of the doubt when he shipped you that radio. It's common knowledge, that bad things happen to bad people.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
w8jn

follow up

Post by w8jn »

dick,
any follow up with steve the low life slime wad cheat? did you make contact with his family and friends?
wa4wip

Post by wa4wip »

No, I have not been able to make contact with any of his friends or family to date - just keep writing him emails hoping he might have made a New Year's resolution to change his ways and to pay up - Have made some contacts with other hams who may be trying to contact him, though - Dick WA4WIP
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

I didn't want this clown that stole from you Dick, to slide off to page two so quickly. Let's keep this clowns name/callsign fresh in everyones memory. I hope that Scott has/will ban this ******* from his site.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
w8jn

scott ka9fox

Post by w8jn »

scott, if you see this note, please take franks suggestion and ban this crook!
73 paul w8jn

ps frank,
1966 Napoleon XIV (aka Jerry Samuels).
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

I know the song and artist quite well Paul..haha. For one reason or another, I find myself singing/whistling that song quite often :shock:
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

Anything yet Dick? Or is this deadbeat still in hiding?

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Some older FCC information...

BLEVINS, STEVE W
RR 1 BOX 176
UNICOI, TN 37692
Last edited by N6VMO on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

Wrong info posted and removed to protect the innocent.. 8)
Last edited by N6VMO on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wa4wip

Post by wa4wip »

There is a Steve Blevins who is a musician that lives in the same area as the ham who owes me - the one who owes me is Steve W. Blevins
Dick WA4WIP
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

The Song/Artist that I was mentioning is: They're coming to take me away...ha ha, and the artist, Dr. Demento, if that's what you are referring to Dick.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
NM7L

Post by NM7L »

KB2VYZ wrote:The Song/Artist that I was mentioning is: They're coming to take me away...ha ha, and the artist, Dr. Demento, if that's what you are referring to Dick.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
Hey Frank,

Dr. Demento is not a recording artist: he is a disc jockey. The artist that recorded the song "They're Coming to Take Me Away (Ha Ha)" was Napolean XIV, and was recorded in 1966.

- Mark (NM7L)
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

Yep, your correct Mark, this is what happens when I attempt to multitask ha ha.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ