W5OTR layer and a disgrase for ham community

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
balcadrian

W5OTR layer and a disgrase for ham community

Post by balcadrian »

Hello dear OM’s…
I am writing this to advise all who want to buy or sell ham gear. There is one very bad man between us.
I want to tell you my story with one man “ I am not sure if he deserve to call a man maybe a layer is close” any way few days ago maybe one week past I make one announcement that I am locking for one FT 897D ore other kind of this type of radios and I receive one e-mail from W5OTR Chris R Leslie form Paris TX that he want to sell one FT 897D with 450 USD. Right away WE have the deal and following to send him the money trough Western Union. I want to tell you that I’ve made a lot of trades with US Hams trough Western Union and there was no problems at all. Any way I was putting the money trough WU just like I said and the guy suppose to send me the radio.
I was waiting 3 days because weekend coming and I receive one email from him telling me that was going to ship the radio on last Friday, so all was OK till Monday morning. On Sunday I was not having any news from him so Monday morning I was going to WU office to find out something abt my money but THERE WAS NO MONEY LEFT BECAUSE THE GUY TAKE IT ON Thursday morning I was upset of course specially cause is abt a lot of money for me. I was trying to send him emails but my mail address is in ignore list all mails who I try to send him turn back to me. Mention that I try to call him from Romania to US I send him a message trough answer machine but NOTHING
I am writing this to make a announcement abt this ham is a disgrace for ham community to having such a man between us and for the future if any ham want to make deals with this guy please be careful .
Also if any ham want to help me with an advice mention that I have all emails and all the papers and receipt for sending the money to him.
I write one email to sheriff office as well in Paris TX and also in Huston but I don’t now if I have any luck to see my money again in my hands.
Thanks a lot for the patience to read my story abt this sob.
73’s Adrian YO9BVF
PS: Yesterday I saw on qrz.com that he put a text and tell that he doesn’t sell ham gear for a long time and also claim that is a person who is scamer but my question is WHY HE DOESN’T ANSWER TO THE PHONE OR EMAILS CAUSE THE MAIL IS IN qrz.com?
One again is abt
W5OTR
Chris R Leslie who lives on PARIS TX and cheating ham’s for his own good

73's Adrian YO9BVF
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

To be safe, I am blocking W5OTR from using our site until this situation is clarified.

- Scott KA9FOX
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

KA9FOX wrote:To be safe, I am blocking W5OTR from using our site until this situation is clarified.

- Scott KA9FOX
Scott, perhaps a bit harsh since this does involve a foreign Western Union transaction? There are many scams involving WU and overseas buyers. It may be helpful to see if the seller has any reply to these accusations. Just a thought...
k5jn

YO9BVF

Post by k5jn »

Adrian YO9BVF is an honest ham and I hope this works out for him.
73 all
Last edited by k5jn on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balcadrian

I have papers

Post by balcadrian »

Hello

First of all I was mentioned in my story that I have all the papers and receipts from WU. In case that K9FOX want it I cand send it trough e-mail no problem

Once again thanks for your understanding and if you guys have some advice to have my money back please let me know

73's to all

YO9BVF-Adrian
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Adrian I hope you get your Radio or your money back as this is like you say a very disgracefull behavior. Scott i believe you've done the correct action and if Ralph K5JN says our Romanian friend is OK that's good enough for me.So W5OTR lets make this right for Adrian surely your reputation is worth more than $450.00 Dollars.
Larry Huff K0pd
wb6don

Post by wb6don »

To W4LTD you wrote:
Scott, perhaps a bit harsh since this does involve a foreign Western Union transaction? There are many scams involving WU and overseas buyers. It may be helpful to see if the seller has any reply to these accusations. Just a thought...
Scam or no scam, the guy sent the money and the money was recieved. The only scam happening is the guy got the money and burned the buyer..... apparently.
In my humble opinion, Scott did the right thing until further developments reveal themselves here.
Last edited by wb6don on Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

Doing a little googling brings up something very interesting. W5OTR 's address listed with the FCC happens to be the same address listed for "Texas State Optical", a local eyeglass chain.

N5KBP
Last edited by N5KBP on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KB2VYZ

Post by KB2VYZ »

W4LTD wrote:
KA9FOX wrote:To be safe, I am blocking W5OTR from using our site until this situation is clarified.

- Scott KA9FOX
I have no doubt, Scott tried to communicate with W5OTR, before he blocked the guy from using the site. We should be happy that Scott gets involved, and tries to keep those that rip others off, off of his site. It's a shame that ALL of the the other sites don't operate like that. I have no doubt, that because Scott is involved as much as he is, is what keeps QTH.com the #1 site in the US of A(if not the world), for the buying and selling of used amateur radio gear. Keep up the GREAT work that you do here Scott.

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!! They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa!!! To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time...
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

N5KBP wrote:Doing a little googling brings up something very interesting. W5OTR 's address listed with the FCC happens to be the same address listed for "Texas State Optical", a local eyeglass chain.

N5KBP
From whence comes this information???? I have been unable to verify this address as anything but W5OTR's address. Just wondering.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

w4ain wrote:
N5KBP wrote:Doing a little googling brings up something very interesting. W5OTR 's address listed with the FCC happens to be the same address listed for "Texas State Optical", a local eyeglass chain.

N5KBP
From whence comes this information???? I have been unable to verify this address as anything but W5OTR's address. Just wondering.
http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/ ... 3-739-9080

http://www.qth.com/callsign.php?cs=W5OTR
W5otr

Post by W5otr »

Scott, I could not get this to go through to Adrian-- his email on qrz pops up as invalid.  Is there any way you could??
Chris

Adrian,

Tonight while browsing on qth.com I found your post about me on the feedback forum.

I want you to know it was not me.  I have been screwed over by people before and I know how bad it is.

I hate this for you, and for the ham community.  I have sent money in the mail, even cash to purchase equiptment and been very lucky I guess.  I have never been ripped off by another ham.    I have been by other people on eBay and etc.

I have not lived in Paris Texas for quite some time.  I moved from there in 2007.  I am sorry I didn't change my address sooner.  Maybe if I had this would not have happened, or at least not with my name and call sign.

I think you called my actual phone number, but the international number didn't come across the caller ID and I could not understand the message completely.  I heard you mention western union, and I thought it was some kind of scam.   Was this you?  My phone number is 512-540-2300.  Was this you that called?

I also got a message from a man in Washington state asking about "a rig" that I sold him and I figured it was a wrong number.  He did not say ham radio gear, or radio.  Do you remember what was being sold other than a 897?

I could not find anything in the ads, but this has been a while.

Again, I sympathize with you on being ripped off.  I would rather have been robbed than had my name and call sign used for this.

73,  Chris Leslie W5OTR
W5otr

Post by W5otr »

This was an email I tried to send last night. Scott asked why didn't I post on here, but i thought my callsign was blocked.

Chris
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

W5otr wrote:This was an email I tried to send last night. Scott asked why didn't I post on here, but i thought my callsign was blocked.

Chris
Hi Chris. Your callsign was only blocked from posting more ads in the classifieds, but was never blocked from using our Feedback Forum.

- Scott