Beware of UPS

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ka9ekg

Beware of UPS

Post by ka9ekg »

I test radios,only keep for 6 months.I sent a Yaesu 920 to Indiana for trade in over a month ago via UPS.Well after double boxing and inshuring for $1000.00 plus,it got smashed in transit.I have had to make all the calls,UPS dont even bother to call me.I have all the documatation.I had got the FT 920 by USPS with no damage.So what gives with UPS that they dont honor the x-tra ins. you take out..........WATCH OUT FOR UPS......................73s Tom :twisted:
ab8mn

inshuring

Post by ab8mn »

inshuring hmmmmmm... sewwently.
kb0uzr

Watch out for UPS

Post by kb0uzr »

Wow! this is my first visit here, and This is better than QRZ's :oops: But don't tell them that.

I put in a topic on QRZ on UPS. And I got only 1 item from there that wasn't damaged. They are terrible.

how do you get the print bigger on here when I read the posts? My monitor is too small.
--------------------------------------

-----------------------KB0UZR-----------------------

You don't know what you have until it's gone....
W0LPQ

UPS

Post by W0LPQ »

Personally, I have been using both UPS and FedEx for over 20 years and have yet to have a problem..! Even USPS has been without fault. I may be in the minority, but that is how they have worked for me.

I know some people have had problems, but I to this date, have not.

Recently had an Omni VI delivered by UPS. It got a little wet since it was raining here, but otherwise, no problem with UPS.

Regarding print, change your Internet Options page. That is how mine works.

Bill, W0LPQ
Last edited by W0LPQ on Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
W0LPQ

UPS

Post by W0LPQ »

Deleted
Last edited by W0LPQ on Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.