Sandra Jeffson - SCAMMER DO NOT BITE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8ERM

Sandra Jeffson - SCAMMER DO NOT BITE

Post by N8ERM »

This deal went well untill I ask the company picking up the feedline to bring cash. No contact after the suggestion. They wanted to send the money overnight by FedEX, The company has been alearted.
They are crooks ++++++++

From: "Sandra Jeffson 0000" <no>Add sender to ContactsTo: "Terry Morgan N8ERM" <n8erm>Cc: "Sandra Jeffson 0000" <sandrajeffson>
Dear Terry Morgan N8ERM,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "ANDREW HELIAX F/S ", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER, you are highly encouraged to:
1) Read our Safe Trading Tips at http://tips.qth.com.
2) Check our Feedback Forum at http://feedback.qth.com to see if the person you are about to deal with has any good or bad feedback from previous dealings.

The response is from:

Name: Sandra Jeffson
Callsign: 0000
E-mail: sandrajeffson@yahoo.com

The response is:

Hello Seller,

I read through the description of this Item and i will like to know if it is
still available for sale, how long as it been owned and the final buy it now
price, i will make shipping arrangements myself once we have agreed on a price..
Get back to me with the questions asked and your Full name and contact address
so that i can issue the payment out to you overnight via Fedex on monday..you
can send pictures or more description for me to be sure this is exactly what i`m
looking for.

From: "Sandra Jeffson" <sandrajeffson>Add sender to ContactsTo: "TERRY and MARCY MORGAN" <tmmorg> Good, i am ok with all you described and i will take it for $500 it worths more than the price. i will issue a check out to you tomorrow and you will be getting it probably on Tuesday Morning cause i will be out of state to see my daughter who has just been delivered of a baby next week.

As i stated in my first message that i will handle the pickup. the shipper will be coming along to pick the Item when coming from my Old apt in Miami beach to pick up my couches for me. so you dont need to worry about shipment.get back to me with the information requested below to issue out the check to you.

Name:
Contact Address (not pobox):
City:
State/Zip code:
Phone Number:
Total Price:

Regards
w0bkr

EBay

Post by w0bkr »

Some of it sounds a bit like EBay...

....."the final buy it now price".....

Should already know what you are selling, as indicated previously, they wanted it...

..."pictures or more description for me to be sure this is exactly what i`m
looking for"......

Nigerian scam? Poor use of English Grammar...

...."daughter who has just been delivered of a baby next week".....

Smells like a dead fish, probably is.
In this case, smells like a phish or scam, probably is...
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Callsign is 0000. Dealing with non-hams? Gosh, you guys live on the edge.

- Scott KA9FOX
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

What ... you cant see a boiler plate response when you see one?

This guy is even to lazy to write an original reply to your ad.
He is using something that would cover a large area and sending it out hoping some sucker will bite.

What should happen is a good old a$$ whoop'n on the crook that comes to pick it up.
ke4nu

I like N5WRX's way of dealing with these crooks!!!!!

Post by ke4nu »

n5wrx wrote:What ... you cant see a boiler plate response when you see one?

This guy is even to lazy to write an original reply to your ad.
He is using something that would cover a large area and sending it out hoping some sucker will bite.

What should happen is a good old a$$ whoop'n on the crook that comes to pick it up.
I hope no one falls victim to these bottom feeders. Just be careful out there. If they don't have a good callsign and good feedback leave them alone no matter how good the offer is. Please always leave feedback. Sooner or later they're going to get a little smarter in their scams so always be wary...Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!