N7WQY does it again - I should have read the forum

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N1RV

N7WQY does it again - I should have read the forum

Post by N1RV »

I placed an ad for a Hustler resonator 11/03/09:

WTB RM80-S resonator and the 3 bladed spider for adding 80 meters
to the Hustler 4BTV vertical antenna.
N7WQY - Robert (Bob) Ross replied that he had a resonator.
We worked out a trade (RIGblaster NOMIC + $) for the resonator.
It finally arrived 11/17/09
Opened the package to find a piece of crap!!!!!!
It is not a Hustler RM80-S and has been either ran over or had something stored on top of it for who know how long, the bottom is busted with the wires broken off. Very old resonator, no markings, threaded connector has wrench flats rounded off.
Just a piece of junk, out of a trash can!!!
This guy will not answer emails.
His personal is:
N7WQY
Robert (Bob) Ross
29144 Berlin Road
Sweet Home, oregon. 97386
email: boris1540 at yahoo.com

Always read the feedback forum, saves alot of fustration and money
73 Ray, N1RV
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

Thanks John W1JCW for the information and feed back..
w0bkr

Well, I tried but couldn't find info on him until too late

Post by w0bkr »

I bought a receiver from this character, off Eham net, using the alias SWLOP and another e-mail address then they ones I found here. Should have been more alert.

Told me the receiver had a few scratches but worked like an R75. Well, can't compare the performance but I know some of the functions don't work.

I have pics of what he sent me. A radio with a spray painted (black top cover), full of deep scratches, dirty, grime that comes off in your hand when you touch it, opening it up (removing the top cover) wires are secured, yep, with duck tape. Man oh man, did I get screwed by this character.

I bought this unit to help a friend of mine to get his dad who is an ex amateur, going into a nursing home, with a shortwave/ham receiver simple to use. What we got is a piece of beat up crap....

I searched for his info but couldn't find anything....then after the fact, I find a correlation to his info on these forums....
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Is he even a licensed Ham op? His call sign comes back not valid.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

KA2CDT wrote:Is he even a licensed Ham op? His call sign comes back not valid.
Yes, check the FCC"s website...mine was recently changed via vanity and isn't registered on QTH yet.

Bob Ross is N7WQY. Alias SWLOP, Alias Boris (in his e-mails), etc....
W6GQ

Post by W6GQ »

KA2CDT wrote:Is he even a licensed Ham op? His call sign comes back not valid.
Because the thread is 2 years old
w0bkr

He scammed me in May 2011

Post by w0bkr »

The post in this forum is due to other individuals being scammed by this guy. He scammed me in May 2011 when I bought an item from him, totally not as advertised. Have photos to prove it. I ended up with a tore up, beat up item that requires repair and other actions. Certainly not providing me a refund. I have escalated it and hopefully, can get something back. Not about to take a chance in sending him something back for a refund and then end up being out of the hardware and my money. Guy is dishonest. What more can be said.
W1JCW

He scammed me in May 2011

Post by W1JCW »

w0bkr wrote:The post in this forum is due to other individuals being scammed by this guy. He scammed me in May 2011 when I bought an item from him, totally not as advertised. Have photos to prove it. I ended up with a tore up, beat up item that requires repair and other actions. Certainly not providing me a refund. I have escalated it and hopefully, can get something back. Not about to take a chance in sending him something back for a refund and then end up being out of the hardware and my money. Guy is dishonest. What more can be said.
Well said !!

Good luck with your claim.

It's a shame that so many lie and are deceptive even on a good forum as qth.
73 -

W1JCW
John
wb7uqu

Re: N7WQY does it again - I should have read the forum

Post by wb7uqu »

He is still active at least to February 2014....this time he is on EBAY. Using the name " dxham" He had an IF BOARD for a Kenwood TS-820S. I bought it for $100. Item arrived in an approx 10" x 6" non rigid, lightly padded ENVELOPE. It was broken almost in half...anyway to make a long story short...he posted on this site under "scams" to beware of me as I am a rip off...etc...etc...etc ...because I wanted my money back...he's having a tantrum...because he got caught..and I called him out on it. He does not have the stones to give his name or call...just "bob742." He is rip off. Anyway, he is no longer selling on EBAY ( as of Feb 2015)

His name is Robert(Bob) M Ross/KA5IAK, he lives at 709s Meek St, Fordyce, AR 71742(public knowledge)
prior to this qth he was in Sweet Home, OR with the call N7WQY

Uses alias: bob742 here on QTH, others are: boris1196@yahoo.com, SWLOP, Boris1540@yahoo.com

Been scamin' brother hams since 2009

Hope this help others! 73 Joe wb7uqu
W0AKR

Re: N7WQY does it again - I should have read the forum

Post by W0AKR »

BTW: Changed his call and moved to Arkansas, so if you see this scammer posting, run.

Keep this callsign attached to this scammer post.

Alias N7WQY now KA5IAK

Just insuring his callsign and info stay available for a search action.