listing 781920 from on4mne callsign not valid

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kb3cur

listing 781920 from on4mne callsign not valid

Post by kb3cur »

attention all hams, someone using the callsign on4mne is trying to get some unsuspecting ham to sell the book, How to troubleshoot and repair amateur radio equipment by j. j. carr. this person is trying to buy this book for 15 dollars. The true value of this book is at least $1000 dollars. If anyone has this book i would advise them to hold on to it. this person is trying to steal it. by the way this callsign is not listed in any database.
beware ron kb3cur!!!
K4ICL

Huh?

Post by K4ICL »

BOOKMAG - Wanted: How to troublesh. and repair ama
Wanted Book from J.J. Carr: How to Troubleshoot and repair amateurradio equipment 1980. I would like to pay 15 dollars for a used one. I Hope some one has one,on his shell he doesn't use. Best regards joseph
Listing #781920 - Submitted on 11/14/09 by Callsign ON4MNE
Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
historical military radios
Pascal PA3FKM en Joseph ON4MNE hebben het tijdens deze presentatie over: Pascal PA3FKM and Joseph ON4MNE have during this presentation:
"Het verzamelen ... een toestel uit de tweede wereldoorlog. "The collection ... a device from the second world war.

Tijdens de presentatie komen de volgende aspecten ... During the presentation the following aspects ...
If the call does not exist, why is it listed as belonging to Joseph, a presenter at a conference regarding WWII radios?

Also, what is wrong with advertising for a book and indicating a buying price. This is not "stealing" is is just asking. No one is holding a gun to the head of a possible seller of such a book. Where do you see "stealing" in his asking?

Finally, what business is it of yours?

K4ICL
Last edited by K4ICL on Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wx1f

Re: listing 781920 from on4mne callsign not valid

Post by wx1f »

kb3cur wrote:attention all hams, someone using the callsign on4mne is trying to get some unsuspecting ham to sell the book, How to troubleshoot and repair amateur radio equipment by j. j. carr. this person is trying to buy this book for 15 dollars. The true value of this book is at least $1000 dollars. If anyone has this book i would advise them to hold on to it. this person is trying to steal it. by the way this callsign is not listed in any database.
beware ron kb3cur!!!
I suggest you delete your post and get a life. JJ Carr is dead and I don't think he cares how much his old book sells for!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

You know the Value of anything is what a person is willing to pay.
Larry Huff K0pd
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

lhuffk0pd wrote:You know the Value of anything is what a person is willing to pay.
And the value of your life drops dramatically when the buyer finds out you charged him three times what it was worth and that you got it for free.
kb3cur

Post by kb3cur »

it is stealing if you know the value of the book is much more that you are offering. besides i thought that what this forum is for, to warn other hams about potential fraud. I personally would want someone to give me aheads up . then to each his own. iI made a mistake about the callsign and for that i apoligize, but not for anything else.
73 ron kb3cur
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

kb3cur wrote:it is stealing if you know the value of the book is much more that you are offering. besides i thought that what this forum is for, to warn other hams about potential fraud. I personally would want someone to give me aheads up . then to each his own. iI made a mistake about the callsign and for that i apoligize, but not for anything else.
73 ron kb3cur
GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Are you saying that if someone handed you an expensive piece of gear for free and a year later you decided to give up ham radio, that you would pass it on to someone else for free? Yeah....right!! :shock:
kb3cur

Post by kb3cur »

this ia a reply to wx1f. iI read all three of your replis and none of them relat to the matter at hand. first, what does j. j.carr being dead have to do with anything. secondly what does someone giving me a new piece of gear and ma a new piece of gear for free and me drciding to give it away for free if i quit ham radio. please explain tour rational. it really doesnt make any sense to me.
73 ron kb3cur
kb3cur

Post by kb3cur »

please forgive the misspelled words, should have proofread
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

kb3cur wrote:this ia a reply to wx1f. iI read all three of your replis and none of them relat to the matter at hand. first, what does j. j.carr being dead have to do with anything. secondly what does someone giving me a new piece of gear and ma a new piece of gear for free and me drciding to give it away for free if i quit ham radio. please explain tour rational. it really doesnt make any sense to me.
73 ron kb3cur
I'm done with this thread. You're making blood shoot out of my eyes!! Go buy a clue and listen to AL K4ICL !!! :roll:
kb3cur

Post by kb3cur »

I guess your replies dont make sense to you either
73 ron kb3cur
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

(And the value of your life drops dramatically when the buyer finds out you charged him three times what it was worth and that you got it for free)

Your going to tell me then that if i found a $50.00 bill laying on the Ground that it is worth now less than $50.00 since i got it free or turned it into $150.00...As for my life being in trouble i never worry about whiners.
Larry Huff K0pd
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

This is GOOD thread........I mean REALLY REALLY GOOD.