N5IIU Bad ham alert

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc0nmd

N5IIU Bad ham alert

Post by kc0nmd »

I recently found a ic-706mkII on qth.com so i e-mailed the guy he said he still had the radio.So i sent him $450.00 plus $20.00 for shipping.He got the money order and sent me the wrong radio he said it was a accident after i e-mailed about it.He said he would send the right radio to me it was suppose to be 4-2-04 it didn't show up today the 3rd i got a postal money order from him for $370.00 Now i got ranger rci-6030 vhf marine radio i have no use for and a $100.00 less than i sent him for the icom ic-706mkII.He still has the radio listed on this site for sale ad#400616.Beaware of this guy

Thanks Marty kc0nmd
Ham radio is great
grummancheetah

Dishonest Ham

Post by grummancheetah »

WHY DIDNT YOU SEND HIS RADIO BACK? SOUNDS TO ME YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS THE MAN WHO SENT YOU THE RADIO!!!
kc0nmd

Re: Dishonest Ham

Post by kc0nmd »

grummancheetah wrote:WHY DIDNT YOU SEND HIS RADIO BACK? SOUNDS TO ME YOU ARE JUST AS GUILTY AS THE MAN WHO SENT YOU THE RADIO!!!
I did send his radio back to him it was sent last Tuesday so before you start jugding me you need to find out the truth about what you are posting

Thanks Marty kc0nmd
W0LPQ

Dishonest Ham?

Post by W0LPQ »

Whoa...! GrummanCheetah (nice airplane by the way) had NO way of knowing you sent the radio back on Tuesday, since you posted nothing in the way of that info. Had you stated it was sent back Tuesday, then his post would have never happened (and your response would not have happened either).

Please don't blame someone for not being able to read minds.

Bill, W0LPQ
K4ICL

Let's Hope...

Post by K4ICL »

Let's hope that in a few days you receive another postal money order for $100 to complete repayment. Not paying back the entire $470, until receiving the radio back, was just good business. Nothing personal.

It is too bad the two of you did not talk to each other on the phone and avoid all of the hard feelings. Nothing like good COMMUNICATION to keep business relationships up to par!
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
N4PEC

Post by N4PEC »

You got a lot of nerve calling someone else crooked.I lost $925+ with kc0nmd and got back a junked FT-920 after I gave him his money back.Still beleive he swapped radios with me.Yaesu's fault for putting serial # on cover instead of chassis.UPS paid me no attention.You such a honest fella send me back my $889.00 I refunded you and I'll be glad to send the 920 back to you.Hope someone sticks you for double what you got me for.Don't have a nice day!
kc0nmd

Post by kc0nmd »

To N4pec

You sent me ft-920 that did not work, and you told me you would give me back my money.You are just mad because you wanted me to tell U.P.S. that you bought the radio from me and that it worked. That is not true I bought the radio from you and it did not work, so you told me to send it back and you would refund my money. Since you want acuse me of trading radios I think you knew the radio did not work and you wanted to scam ups for the insurance money.I can prove i did not trade radios.I got a bunch of honest ham operators who knows i didn't have another ft-920 until you sent me that peice of crap.For everyone who reads this you have the right to believe who ever you want ,but me and the man upstairs knows the truth and that is all that matters to me. Thanks Marty kc0nmd
N4PEC

Post by N4PEC »

Radio worked fine when left here.If it didn't work on your end,it got damanged on way to you.You should have filed damage report,but you knew UPS don't pay uless they pack it ,for they own the insurance company too.Don't care about the little guy.I NEVER asked you to lie,you ---..Should have made you file report.It's all my fault for being honest by refunding your money($889.00).Done loss money and no more emails.Done with you forever..