KC5FWS: no response is irritating

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W6AAL

KC5FWS: no response is irritating

Post by W6AAL »

If you receive an offer by email , then it is polite to refuse the offer by notifying the prospective buyer by e-mail rather than ignoring it. It is a minor point to be sure, but you can save the buyer time and avoid irritating him.
John
new call W6AAL
N8ERM

No response problem or not????

Post by N8ERM »

We do not stand in each other’s shoes. Who knows what is going on the other end of the perposed deal. No response to my offer, I call them. Last one was an SK,. No answer means "no" to the offer in my book.
Remember this is a hobby, play nice.
Terry N8ERM
W6AAL

old bromide

Post by W6AAL »

'Stand/walk in someones shoes' is an old bromide that adds little to the concern I expressed. The seller had sufficient 'walk in his shoes' to delete the ad, but not enough to press reply on an email? What nonsense. The intent of the post is to encourage sellers to do the right thing regardless of the 'walk in their shoes'.
John
N8ERM

Incomplete information

Post by N8ERM »

John,
If I would have had all the information of the deleted ad I might have believed as you. If the post were to encourage sellers to do the right thing it would not have given the guys call. I still might not have the complete information. I had an in beautiful condition TS-950 SDX that was loaded with options. I got an offer for $500.00 including shipping from MI to FL. He didn't get an answer or deserve to get an email with an answer. This old bromide works fine for me.
As Al says nuff said.
Terry N8ERM