Ken Schroder WB7WEM Impatient seller

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KD0HSFMN

Ken Schroder WB7WEM Impatient seller

Post by KD0HSFMN »

Contacted seller WB7WEM at 4 am regarding a SWR/power meter. I do work for a living,10 hour days. At 8 am, 9 am, 11 am, and finally at 2 pm, times roughly. he contacted me. I do not live on a computer, I work. I get off at 3 pm. the 2 pm message stated that since I have not contacted him, he sold it to another buyer. NOW at 4 am i specifically stated that I would purchase his meter. What part of that didn't he understand?!?!? I could tell you what I think of this guy yet not fair to QTH . This is twice that I stated I would buy an item from a ham and it went south. I understand that It only takes a few inconsiderate people like these to totally discuss a new ham, in my book. It's such a waist of time for me and others trying to do right. I know there are fair minded people out here that at least have Honor, and integrity. I have found such a man who did sell me a SWR/power meter. It was a better one then this deal and for a better price. Everyone will know who it is when received . so all I can say is if you work for a living and have something better to do then live on your computer, BUYER BEWARE!!!!. KD0HSF
wx1f

Re: Ken Schroder WB7WEM Impatient seller

Post by wx1f »

KD0HSFMN wrote:Contacted seller WB7WEM at 4 am regarding a SWR/power meter. I do work for a living,10 hour days. At 8 am, 9 am, 11 am, and finally at 2 pm, times roughly. he contacted me. I do not live on a computer, I work. I get off at 3 pm. the 2 pm message stated that since I have not contacted him, he sold it to another buyer. NOW at 4 am i specifically stated that I would purchase his meter. What part of that didn't he understand?!?!? I could tell you what I think of this guy yet not fair to QTH . This is twice that I stated I would buy an item from a ham and it went south. I understand that It only takes a few inconsiderate people like these to totally discuss a new ham, in my book. It's such a waist of time for me and others trying to do right. I know there are fair minded people out here that at least have Honor, and integrity. I have found such a man who did sell me a SWR/power meter. It was a better one then this deal and for a better price. Everyone will know who it is when received . so all I can say is if you work for a living and have something better to do then live on your computer, BUYER BEWARE!!!!. KD0HSF
Did you ever state that you work during the day and that you will firm up the deal with a phone call when you get back home? No?? Then expect the same results every time you post a quickie little "I'll buy it" message!!! DUH !!
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

It was implied the guy wanted the item !!

Some folks are in to much of a rush, and are to ignorant to the fact that others work a regular job.

Most of us are not glued to the computer.

Its not a life or death situation.

Stating the intentions of buying it should have been enough.

The previous post missed the point and the principle of what KD0HSF indicated.

Someone should not have to be that connected when trying to purchase an item.

A mans word " I'll buy it " should be enough until someone gets home from work to at least have a chance to reply. DUH !!
73 -

W1JCW
John
Hammyguy

Post by Hammyguy »

I'm pretty sure this is the same guy that pulled the same thing on me. I spotted an R7000 for a inexpensive price at 830 am at work. I wrote an email from QTH stating I'd buy it. By 11am he had written 3 emails, called my home phone, and finally stated on the last email that he had sold it. This was a total of 2 1/2 hours before I got to another location with a computer. He stated in the first email that I was the first person to respond.

I don't live on my computer either. When I sell an item and have a statement from a buyer that he definitely wants it, then he gets first crack at it. But he needs to respond within a reasonable amount of time, typically the same day. Beyond that I'll consider the guy a tire kicker and move on to the next potential buyer.

I've also had tire kickers get upset with me for NOT holding an item for them while they drag their feet making up their mind.

Sorry guys just wanting info about something doesn't give you first crack at purchasing it. The first firm commitment is the one who wins the prize.