$$$$$$$$$$ANOTHER SCAMMER DON,T BITE$$$$$$$$$$

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8ERM

$$$$$$$$$$ANOTHER SCAMMER DON,T BITE$$$$$$$$$$

Post by N8ERM »

Hello,
Thanks for the prompt response to my inquiry. I hope it is in a perfect condition as I'm highly interested in it and I am really okay with the ad i saw at QTH i will have
love to come and take a look my self but i am a very busy man i hope you understand ?. due to the distance i will like to make an instant purchase but if there is anything wrong, you can kindly let me know and we can fix things up. I don't mind paying additional $50 for it in order for you to take the ad down from QTH and also to be assured that it is already mine.I will be paying you with a certified check and it is going to be sent to you via courier service which is going to be mail to you as soon as possible For the payment, I'm going to need your details as follow...........
**Full name to be on the payment
**Your home or office address which the payment will be delivered to
**And your phone number in order to facilitate the payment asap.
I'll be responsible for the pick-up and the pick up money will be included in your payment to avoid delay and to enable pick up company to schedule an appropriate time for the pick-up at your location after check has been cashed,as i have other properties to be moved alongside with yours.
Thanks and I'm waiting to hear from you.
Regards.
Mark Jerry.
N8ITF

I have seen this type of name before

Post by N8ITF »

It has been a couple of yearsago but I have seen this type of name before. He has used a couple of different variations, Mark Fisher, and Mark Roland and from the webpage i wrote, it appears they have tried 3 different email addresses and were all using Yahoo as the email service.

I had blocked them from my email a while back and wrote a webpage about this persons tactics.

The link is...
http://www.intergate.com/~n8itf/scam.htm

One bad thing is Yahoo did away with the header file lookup otherwise you could see where the email was sent from using the link below.

https://www.arin.net/index.html

Which is a US IP address whois lookup to see who is holding the IP address block.

Or you can use this link below for looking up international addresses

http://wq.apnic.net/apnic-bin/whois.pl

Eather way you go it will give you a better way to defend yourself against a scammer provided you look at the header file and see where the senders IP address began.

Paul N8ITF