Yet another scammer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
vk2oe

Yet another scammer

Post by vk2oe »

Be aware of Colins Lambert, G3TA.
There was a message on Australian swap site recently, and indeed, I received an e-mai from him after placing a "Wanted "advertisement on this website some three days ago.

Tom, VK2OE
KF4SNJ

Post by KF4SNJ »

Here's another one:

Dear Ronald Savage KF4SNJ,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "For Sale Or Trade Rohn 25G Tower", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER, you are highly encouraged to:
1) Read our Safe Trading Tips at http://tips.qth.com.
2) Check our Feedback Forum at http://feedback.qth.com to see if the person you are about to deal with has any good or bad feedback from previous dealings.

The response is from:

Name: Sandra Jeffson
Callsign: 0000
E-mail: sandrajeffson@yahoo.com

The response is:

Hello Seller,

I read through the description of this Item and i will like to know if it is
still available for sale, how long as it been owned and the final buy it now
price, i will make shipping arrangements myself once we have agreed on a price..
Get back to me with the questions asked and your Full name and contact address
so that i can issue the payment out to you overnight via Fedex on monday..you
can send pictures or more description for me to be sure this is exactly what i`m
looking for.

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 780667
Date Ad was Placed: 11/08/09
Name: Ronald Savage
Phone Number: 910-283-0562
Callsign: KF4SNJ
Category: TOWER
Heading: For Sale Or Trade Rohn 25G Tower
Ad Message:
I have about 50' of Rohn 25G tower in very good shape. It has a tapered top and a flat top with pipe and thrust bearing. It also has a short base and a long base that hinges along with a house mounting bracket. I have photos on request. Local buyers can see it in Burgaw, NC which is about 30 miles NW of Wilmington, NC. I can deliver to Benson, NC JARSFest Sunday Novermber 15, 2009 for the serious buyer. $300.00 or Best Offer.
Thanks

Give me a break! I can see right through this one.

Ron