W9TWR////JERRY VERY BAD DEAL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WN8BOB

W9TWR////JERRY VERY BAD DEAL

Post by WN8BOB »

THis ham?? is something else,we made a deal on a radio I was to buy,I immediatly sent a postal money order just like I said I would,nothing was heard,final;ly he e mails and said he promptly cashed the money order,I mean he did it QUICK!! then I hear nothing,then after a few days he says he lost all my e mails with address,and I guess lost my address on the money order,lost my addresss on the envelope with call sign,etc and lied to me several times about when the radio would be shipped,he took his good old time after getting my money,when the radio did arrive,quite a bit later,the uPS driver had to laugh at the package,it was a single walled,paper thin box,that was crushed beyond belief,a $500 Radio shipped that way,how it was not physically damadged was a miracle,story does not end,he told me it worked "Perfect" well you can imagine,it had VCO troubles after leaving it on 24 hours,I had to fix it and realign it,he also cheated me out of the DC cord which he has not made right since,some of the controls also had problems,he resorted to a lot of "Name Calling" after that,check my feedback(OVER 100) positives then check his,and you make your own decsision to deal with this guy,I will never again,you be the judge,I can't waite to hear what he has to say,should be a good laugh...BOB WN8BOB
scott_n2ddd

Post by scott_n2ddd »

I am in the middle of a deal with Jerry W9TWR. The rig did not work properly out of the box. He and I agreed that I send it to Kenwood and he covers the repair (unless the estimate is unreasonably high). The rig is at Kenwood right now and I will update how everything works out with him. So far he seems like a fair man.

Scott N2DDD
W1JCW

Post by W1JCW »

Wow what a clown W9TWR Jerry is !!

I cannot believe how some guys operate, low class, no respect for others time and no honesty at all.

Thanks for the heads up.
73 -

W1JCW
John
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

W1JCW wrote:Wow what a clown W9TWR Jerry is !!
Wow! You're quick to jump to conclusions... Perhaps we should give Jerry a chance to reply?

Remember the old saying that there's always three sides to every story:

1) Buyer's Version

2) Seller's Version

3) The Truth

73s,

--Rich
w9twr

Bob

Post by w9twr »

Bob is right on one point...I was late shipping the radio, and I apologized for that. I had to put an ad on QTH to locate him, as I lost his information. As for the rig. I worked perfect here. It worked perfect before I bought it. It WAS packaged well, and protected, and insured. And the minute bob said there was an issue, I was quick to tell him we'd send it to kenwood, and I'd pay the repairs. The minute he opened the rig and started turning screws, I was done guarenteeing anything. Bob had responded to me on several prior rigs, and it seems his biggest interest was making sure he could use them on the 11 meter CB band. Now if all checked with anybody I've dealt with, I always package well, and I do my best to describe the rig as it is. I've only had 1 rig prior to this arrive not working as describe, and I was also quick to offer to pay for repairs from kenwood. I'm not sure what else I can do. As for you Bob, I dodn't have time to deal with you Channel 19 CB mentallity. I was honest, and when you said it had problems, (which honestly, in your case, I doubt excisted) I offerd to foot the bill for repairs. As for the Manual and cord I forgot to put it the BOX (my fault) I apologized and said I'd mail them. But instead, I paid the extra and shipped them UPS, feeling that I should do that. I've sold over 100 pieces of equipment on qth, and qrz, and and bob, 98 of the 100 were happy, and I'll do what it takes to make the 99th happy. I will never be able to please you. But 73 to you anyway, and have a good holiday weekend.
W9TWR
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
w9twr

one more note

Post by w9twr »

Bob, I still have the emails with the "name calling" would you like me to post the first one" from you sir. And as for the cord and manual, I told you before you mentioned it, that I forgot to put them in the box. So as for cheating you??? How did I cheat you? 73
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
w9twr

shipping

Post by w9twr »

As for shipping...packaging....I always ship from the UPS store in Terre Haute, and they know me well. I invite anyone to call them and ask if I've "EVER" shipped a package that was not, better than well packed. Theres only one UPS store in Terre Haute. Same UPS store that I shipped your cord and manual from. Again...73
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
WN8BOB

W9TWR

Post by WN8BOB »

Where are all these "Hundred OF Deals" I see one from a ham with a simliar complaint,NON WORKING radio received from you,at least I can do repairs,save a couple hundred dollars of which I'm sure you would have paid right?? packaging wasa joke,brown paper wrapping on a thin walled box for a $500 radio,the UPS man goit a kick out of that one,IF i get the DC cord and manual will note it,you really pay attention to what you sell don't you?? CB-19 i do listen to to pass the time away late at night,I have 3 major hiways,what a bum deal,check your feedback than check mine,case closed,BUYER BEWARE!! WN8BOB
w9twr

Bob

Post by w9twr »

Bob, yes, I have several items on here, pretty much weekly. And I do my best to make sure everybodys happy. Again, I apologize that shipping was slow (about the 10th time I've apologized) but you were cheated out of nothing. You were not lied to. You were not robbed. You were not scammed. If the radio in fact had a problem, paid repair thru kenwood was offerd. There again not sure what else could be done to make you happy. As for your your comments Bob, the Amateur Community in general is made up of intelligent people, they will read this, and they will make their own decision. So far the only accurate thing you've said is that shipping was slow. And for the 11th time ....I apologize. As for everything else bob, get some help, they've got progams. 73
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
w9twr

Post by w9twr »

Oh, and as for the one with a similar complaint. He bought the 570, and when it arrived he very calmly and collectivly informed me of a problem with the rf power meter. I instructed him to send it to Kenwood, and I would foot the repair, and he did just that, and I intend to pay the bill, directly to Kenwood.
You see bob, sometimes things happen that are out of your control, so you do what you can to make it right. And when all is said and done, Scotts already said he's going to update to this post. I've been an Amateur Radio Operator for 20+ years, and most of my time is spent with ARES, SKYWARN, SARS, HAMS HELPING HAMS(a local program helping disabled hams get their equipment and antennas fixed, put up, ect) And in my spare time (in between the 12-14 hour days I put in at work) I put up towers and antennas for people who need the help. So if you think I'm going to take a second breath at your ill-represented post, which questions my integrity, your a bigger fool than you've made yourself sound like. Case Closed...73
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
WN8BOB

W9TWR

Post by WN8BOB »

Scott can contact me anytime about this "Deal" others can check my feedback and check yours,the last time a seller told me to send in for repair took 62 days and they refused to pay,so I did you a favor by repairing it.I also monitor cH-19 abd have went out of my way at 2am to help others,so your list of 'Groups" means Zilch to this transaction,I suggest in the future when you "Flip" a radio,you test it better,should have just sent it back and let soemone else worry about it..when can I expect the m issing manual and missing DC cord on thios fantastic deal,Scott,give me an e mail for any questions....WN8BOB
w9twr

Post by w9twr »

If there had been anything wrong with the rig, I would have. But there wasn't. If there was, you would have jumped at the chance to have it gone thru by Kenwood, free of charge to you. If you just needed to listen on 19, why did you go through the trouble of calling to make sure you transmit there? Most rigs have general coverage receiver?? Bob, Once again, I didn't lie to you, you received the rig. "if" it had a problem, I was willing to have it repaired. I hope that no one else has to deal with you. Your crying cheat, lie, and all this other stuff....You weren't lied to, you received the rig....Good luck Bob, and I suggest you get some help, and I don't mean that sarcasticly, I really believe you need it. 73, and have a Happy Labor Day Weekend.
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
WN8BOB

W9TWR

Post by WN8BOB »

"I hope that no one else has to deal with you" really??? ask the OVER 100 positives that I have on this forum how they felt dealing with me,then go look at your "Feedback" and then ask "Who needs Help" I suppose you checked out that other rig real good too,right?? so why does the RF meter NOT WORK right!! and had to be sent in for repair??? answer that ONE!! Just goes to show you how you DO NOT check radios out when you just "FLIP" them,I really use the radios I end up selling,I don't "FLIP" radios for a profit,and you don't see any of my feedbacks who have had to send a radio in for repair,so I did you a favor and you don't know what to say.GROW UP!! I have twice as many positive feedbacks thata never even left a note on the forum,let the masses prevail!! Good luck to any of your future 'Buyers" WN8BOB
WN8BOB

W9TWR

Post by WN8BOB »

LIke I really wanted to "WAITE" at some service center for 2 months!!! get real!! why not have your "Freinds" "Pad" your feedback forum for you??? WN8BOB
w9twr

Post by w9twr »

Yes Bob, as a matter of fact, it was checked, and it worked. It wasn't ran anywhere near as long as yours was, and I never claimed that his was. Already found out from Kenwood that the TR board was bad. And its going to cost 350.00 to fix. And you know what Bob, I'm paying it. I'm not crying about, thats how things go occasionally, very very rarely, but it does happen, even to the best of rigs. Like the 7800 I just bought new from yaesu, and right out of the box it had a receive problem. But you know what bob, I didn't start cussing Yaesu. I didn't call them a cheat or theif. I simply called them on the phone, and they took care of the problem. Just like I did with Scott. And just like I offerd to do for you. So I don't care if you've done 1,000,000 deals and had 2,000,000 good feedbacks. Your a jerk, and I really hope nobody ever has to deal with the likes of you again. 73
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
scott_n2ddd

Post by scott_n2ddd »

I am updating this thread because I said I would.
I think it would make more sense for me to start a new topic concerning my deal with Jerry W9TWR rather than continuing this thread started by WN8BOB.
Thanks, Scott N2DDD