The new rules on Ebay

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0XE

The new rules on Ebay

Post by N0XE »

deleted
Last edited by N0XE on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

years ago eBay allowed someone to post a negative feedback against me accusing me of being a "difficult seller". I have never sold anything on eBay, never, EVER.. Knowing the feedback was an error, Ebay still refused to remove it. Everyday I have more reasons to avoid eBay. I am of the opinion that the internet would be a far better place without the likes of eBay and PayPal..

KM5FL
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

E Bay like Walmart as long as people continue to support it will thrive. They both use the same old practice of leading the horse with a carrot or the idea you'll save money. I work part time with a company that services Walmart and i can tell you there not always cheaper and if your a local small time vendor they make it almost impossible to deal with them.And even in these hard times Walmarts turn over in help is still 70% and very few of there store managers stay. They are cutthroat competitors and promotions are cutthroat. And from what i'm seeing and reading about E Bay there going down the same path.Like most politicians know people vote with there what do i get free or cheap and we all know those out comes. Sorry about the long spew.
Larry Huff K0pd
N0VPD

ebay and paypal

Post by N0VPD »

ebay and paypal, i feel, are on the way out. too many problems with them. i for one will never use either one of them again. also there are too many scammers and lowlifes out there using them for their scams. as with the motorcycle engine and any other item, if the ad says "as is" or "no warranty implide" then its the buyer who must decide to take a chance or not. stick with qth or qrz. yes there are thieves and scammers there too but not as bad as ebay and or paypal.
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

I used to use eBay a LOT for both buying and selling. However, since they have instituted so many ridiculous changes in the name of "fairness" and "safety", I will not sell there any longer, and very rarely buy there unless it's something available nowhere else (a highly unlikely situation!)

eBay reminds me of some small towns I've seen. Years ago they were new, novel, exciting and full of promise. Now they're run by thieves and shysters, and most of the good people are gone.
N0XE

deleted

Post by N0XE »

This post deleted, 73 Jim N0XE
Last edited by N0XE on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K4ICL

Ebay!?!

Post by K4ICL »

eBay exists to make money. BIG money. YOUR money.
If you participate and do business with eBay either as a buyer or seller, you have no cause to complain.
eBay is what it is!
AL