ebay amazing

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

ebay amazing

Post by w8jn »

i just watched an icom 2820 with d-star (and a scratch on the display) sell for $720. a little research will discover that they can be purchased new from the dealer for $720. wow i am always amazed at the stupidity of some of the folks bidding on ebay. if they would have just spent an hour checking prices from the dealers, they would have found it!
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

Hro Has one in stock as new condition for 389.00
W7RCS

Ebay pricing

Post by W7RCS »

Yeah, I see that all the time. The guys on ebay are getting caught up in emotion/ego! I've seen stuff go for MUCH more than they would pay for on the Ham sites. Oh well it's their money.
Sometimes when I look at the bid history I think to myself, now who is bidding that item up?Hummmmm! LOL
Rich
W7RCS
Richard C. Strick
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Being as i've bought and sold on e bay i've experienced it both ways.
Larry Huff K0pd
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Even worse, most Ham Radio stores ship free like HRO.

Some people just don't want to take time to research. I see folks asking to "buy" a copy of a manual or service manual and in most cases simply type in Google "TS-430 Service Manual Download" or whatever and you will get 25 places to download it free. I have always found manual's I have needed free on the internet.

Bottom line , Google is Gold
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
NC5S

Post by NC5S »

"Dont just bid. Win!! "

I've seen tools, camera equipment and bicycle equipment go for more than new cost many times on e-bay.

Ron White wrote a book about it.

"You can't fix stupid"