Our friend and fellow ham K5MDM - SK

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ne6v

Our friend and fellow ham K5MDM - SK

Post by ne6v »

Friends,

I' am shocked and lost over the passing of my friend Murray. He and I have been battling cancer for several years. We spoke quite often over the years and had not only a business relationship but we were friends. I'am completely besides myself. Murray was such a great man, ham and friend. His business dealings were TOP-NOTCH and as a friend he was always there. He would call me when he was down and I the same. When the effects of our treatments were getting us down we would call eachother. When I was in the hospital a month or two ago, I got 2 messages from Murray! He always put a smile on my face and I hope I did the same for him.

Murray my friend, we spoke about what we wanted in the end and my friend I will keep my word. I'am so sorry of your passing, I hope the Mrs. is holding up well, she too is a wonderful person.

Murray you have left a huge hole in the hearts of so many, your kindness, your thoughtfulness was second to none.

I know everyone on 40 meters will be missing you too.

I can hardly type I'am so very sad,....good bye my friend good bye... I will miss you and you will always be on my mind and in my heart...I'am so sorry ...so very sorry...

We have all lost a SUPER-GREAT -GUY.

Joe Vega
ne6v
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Wow what SAD News and your friendship with Murray described the way i would have thought of him. ....Adios Murray and God bless....
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

murray

Post by w8jn »

murray was a good guy , honest man and a man of his word. we exchanged many emails during the past 5 years. his passing will leave a big gap on qth.com.
paul w8jn
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Murray Neece K5MDM - SK

Post by KA9FOX »

This is very sad news, indeed. Murray was a straight shooter. This ruffled some feathers -- he called 'em like he saw 'em, and was rarely "politically correct". But, deep down, he had a heart of gold, and always a man of his word.

I have seen a lot of shady deals over the 13 years that I've been providing a swap web site for hams, but none were ever involving Murray (despite some hams trying to claim otherwise).

Murray was also generous with his support of QTH.com, and I am very grateful that my web, email and swap site services were of use to Murray over the years.

73 Murray -- you will be missed.

- Scott KA9FOX
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

Murray taught me a lot about buying and selling ham gear.. I am honored to have known him.. K5MDM, God's speed and Rest in peace..

KM5FL
KC5TJT

Murray

Post by KC5TJT »

Murray you are already missed.. My friend always remember you are my friend forever. I know one day we will meet again. ON THE OTHER SIDE.. I bet you will be swapping with God. making him some good honest deal .. Some things just dont change.. You my BEST HAM FRIEND EVER will and are already missed dearly. Thanks for all the years of your friendship.. radio contacts and dealings.. I love you man.. and I know you are in a better place now then any of us here and I know you feel good and strong once again.

73's

Your friend ALWAYS..Steve KC5TJT

:(
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

what a loss to the ham traders. he was a great ham and a very good friend i do not know what i could add to all the comments made except GOD BE WITH YOU AND THE FAMILY. you will be missed. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
N5JFJ

Post by N5JFJ »

"What a Shock...to hear this Very Sad news... that an old and Trusted friend has left us!"
I always could and did - call upon on him for advice, which he patiently and kindly always gave to me... whenever I asked." He found things for me that all I need do was tell him I was searching for this...or that.

EVERY TIME... we shared dealings together?
I came away knowing... that I TRUSTED, this fine man.
Shocking and sad - very sad news...That you, have passed on.

For you...will be missed.

God Bless You my friend, God Bless and comfort your Family.
73's and May God Bless you and your Family
w3qe

One of the last of the bred

Post by w3qe »

It's sad news hearing of Murray and makes us all look at our own mortality and realize the passing of years seems mere seconds.

Murray was truly what you heard on the air, a very kind respectful person who didn't pull punches and was not PC---just the way I like a man.

I met Murray way back when he first start trading and we became friends which was easy for Murray as most people who met Murray became his friend, he was genuine.

When I first met Murray I was into heavy trading and he helped me buy sell and find items all for a thank you, he wanted nothing more.

The few bad reports you read about or heard on the air about Murray were due to his not being PC, he like me didn't subscribe to this PC world and sometimes that bites you.

Good Bye Murray, you touched many lives and most were for the better because of it.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."
KA9FOX
Site Admin

K5MDM Obituary

Post by KA9FOX »

Received from John Dyer AE5B

J.T.

Here is Murray's obituary from the Abilene paper. Carla and I are in
Oklahoma City. Very sorry that we can not be there.

John

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/j ... on-murray/
KA9FOX
Site Admin

K5MDM Memorial Service

Post by KA9FOX »

Passing along the location of Murray's Memorial service:

Jackson Murray Neece
Service: Saturday, July 25th
First Central Presbyterian Church
400 Orange Street
Abilene, Texas 79601

*Flowers to the church should be delivered on Friday by 5:00PM

Memorials may be made to:
American Cancer Society or
Presbyterian Medical Care Mission
c/o First Central Presbyterian Church
400 Orange Street
Abilene, Texas 79601
wb5omp

K5MDM

Post by wb5omp »

Adios old friend. All who were fortunate enough to have crossed paths with you were very lucky. Thanks for your friendship. Play that music that you loved so well.
Steve WB5OMP
w0bkr

Rest Murray....

Post by w0bkr »

Sorry to see the posting Murray but the last time I spoke with you, things didn't look positive. We will miss you is such a shallow reflection of how many of us feel.

Will be listening for your call from the other side. Rest well Murray...you are missed by us all.....
ke5gk

Murray's Passing

Post by ke5gk »

I guess I have been asleep on Gilligan's Island. I just learned the sad news of Murray's passing.

Murray was indeed a trustworthy, honest man. He knew more about amateur radio equipment than any ham I know.

I got to meet him once at a hamfest and gave him some equipment manuals. He was just as nice in person as he was over the air. A good man who is very much missed by all hams.

73's

KE5GK