Mike Nadeau N1EQ - Radio Repair

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Mike Nadeau N1EQ - Radio Repair

Post by KA9FOX »

My ICOM IC-746 computer interface (CI-V) took a lightning surge and failed. In addition, I had been fighting another intermittent problem for some time. I decided to see if I could get both issues resolved, with one repair shipment.

I did some Google searches for a good ICOM repair shop and found some great reviews of Mike N1EQ. WOW, am I glad I chose Mike! His website (see www.n1eq.com) is very clear on what he charges and how he charges, and how to pack and ship. He communicated quickly and clearly from start to finish. He took extra time to make sure the problems were resolved before shipping back. The repairs were done VERY quickly and the charges were much less than I had expected (especially for the amount of time he must have put into not only the repair, but his communication throughout the process.)

I would not hesitate to send any of my gear back to Mike! No wonder his ratings on eHam are so high, with service like this!

Thanks Mike!!

- Scott KA9FOX
W8VVE

Post by W8VVE »

Scotts post on Mike N1EQ caught my eye...and after reading it I went to Mikes website. Glad I did...I like what Mike says and explains how he conducts the business. About the only thing wrong is...at the present time all my rigs are in good shape...but should I need any repairs I'll be checking with Mike for an authorization to send my problem his way. 73...Sam W8VVE
KD8HAV

N1EQ-Mike Nadeau

Post by KD8HAV »

I have used Mike on two different occasions. He worked on an Icom and Kenwood receiver I had. He is everything that has been said about him on this forum and others. Anything in the radio line I have will go to Mike when it needs work. Send it to him with "no fear".

Bob :D