W6TR - Bob Maser

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kd4e

W6TR - Bob Maser

Post by kd4e »

I bought a tube from W6TR, Bob Maser, that was represented as a full-output barely used 4CX1500b. It even came with the original box.

It took me several weeks to find someone who could test it, KB8QXG, and when he opened the box it was a 4CX1000a with only 68% output.

Bob's Tampa-area E-mail bounces and his FCC/QRZ address is no longer valid (he told me that he was moving to Colorado))

bmaser@tampabay.rr.com
ROBERT G MASER
1515 VICKERS RD
VALRICO, FL 33594

Anyone have a working E-mail for Bob, W6TR?

I need to get him to check his stock and find the extra full-output 4CX1500a
that is in a 4CX1000a box so he can make this right.

73, doc KD4E
k7rdx

Post by k7rdx »

Don`t worry about Bob...He`s been around for a long time now and when his move is complete and he`s in the loop again I`m sure he`ll make things right with you..Stay tuned and keep your ear on the RR track...Jim..K7RDX..
bjgiacobello

W6TR

Post by bjgiacobello »

Doc, I've also heard that W6TR has moved to Colorado. I have never done business with him, but I have lent him some documents, etc. and had other exchanges with him, and he's always been a perfect gentleman. I can only assume that he's somewhere in the midst of his move. I'm confident that he'll correct the tube error for you.

73, Joe
K2XX
AB3CX

W6TR

Post by AB3CX »

W6TR is unfortunately a profane, angry and untruthful person. If you need a full rundown, ask.

Mike AB3CX
W6TR

4CX1500B's

Post by W6TR »

Right after selling a tube and other amplifier parts to KD4E, my XYL and I moved from Florida to Colorado. At that time my eMail address and phone number became invalid. I was not aware that KD4E had a problem with the tube. I have never owned any 4CX1000A's and the 1500B's that I did have were sold to me as full output tubes. I had no amp to test them. Dave knew the full story on the tube that he bought from. Upon learning 3 months later(from AB3CX, that's another story), that KD4E had left bad feedback on this feedback forum, I send Dave an eMail and he did not respond to me. If he still feels that I owe him something, he can look me up on QRZ where my CO eMail address is listed and has been listed since October 09.

Regards to AB3CX, we were trying to do a deal, his 25 year old Alpha amp for my 4 month old Yaesu Quadra. I had already packed it up and then AB3CX started to whine at me for not wanting to unpack it to take pics of the Quadra. His reasoning was that since I had seen pics of his old amp(furnished by Burghardt Radio where the amp was being repaired), he had the right to see my virtually new Quadra. I blew a fuse and hung up on him and he took exception to my profanity, for which I later called to apology for. We agreed to cancel the deal, no harm, no foul. AB3CX saw fit to write it up on this forum. I ended up buying another Alpha amp from N4ATS who shipped me the amp before getting my personal check, great guy.
Bob Maser W6TR Fort Collins, CO