AB1LV Emmett Anderson - Fraud

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k8tj

AB1LV Emmett Anderson - Fraud

Post by k8tj »

I am a long time seller on eBay under the name of CW-MAN. This theft/fraud involves another eBay user by the name of TXRXSYSTEMS (who now has a cancelled eBay account). His name he claims is Emmett Anderson. I have bought from this person before without a problem but he has gone BAD folks. What happened here is he emailed me outside of eBay stating he had a TS-440S with mic and manual and wondered if I would be interested in it before he listed it on eBay. I took the bait and sent him a Paypal payment of $375 and a week later I got the radio. Well the radio turned out to be a basket case of problems so I emailed Mr. Emmett Anderson back that it was non-functional. He emailed me right back to go ahead and return it and he would issue a refund. I did so via FedEx ground, have delivery confirmation from FedEx as well as an email from him stating the radio had been received back and that to give him a couple of days and he would refund my dough. I waited 3 or 4 days and heard nothing. I started emailing him asking him what was going on and heard nothing. I got his phone number from eBay information request and called leaving several messages, no replies. The last email I got from this character was on June 2nd, the day he received the radio back. Too date my money has not been refunded. Paypal is of no help at all with this. I have pretty much written the money off as stolen through mail fraud. This is more or less a warning to everyone and anyone that comes into contact with this guy...

Emmett Anderson
86 Woodruff St.
Springfield, MA. 01109-1135
Email: emmetta62@comcast.net
Ph: 413-626-2943

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY, HE'S A SCAM ARTIST AND NOT A HAM. A QRZ database search turned up no callsign for anyone with that name in Mass. The address appears legit and shows as being a dead end street on Mapquest. In the past he has been selling CB gear on eBay and actually had a pretty high feedback rating but all of a sudden when I checked his account, it had been closed. Again this was a non-eBay scam. Don't let it happen to you.
--
Tim, K8TJ
K8TJ@COMCAST.NET
"CW FOREVER"
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Hopefully you'll get your money back but the economy the way it is who knows who'll go bad and needing funds will screw former customers and new ones. Your case only shows E Bay has it's users interest at heart as they warn all the time about not doing off site business when a seller's item has ended and of course i'll bet most people think it's only because E Bay wants just your money.
Larry Huff K0pd
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Why do business with non-hams?

Post by KA9FOX »

Why do people continue to do business with non-hams, which are more difficult to verify addresses and identity, and more difficult to find feedback on?

Does anyone read our Safe Trading Tips?
http://chat.qth.com/viewforum.php?f=5

I won't even go into the eBay thing. :roll:

- Scott KA9FOX
Last edited by KA9FOX on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N1QOQ

Hmmmmm

Post by N1QOQ »

I live in Palmer MA and go to Springfield all the time. Maybe I could make a personal inquiry on your behalf.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: Hmmmmm

Post by KA9FOX »

N1QOQ wrote:I live in Palmer MA and go to Springfield all the time. Maybe I could make a personal inquiry on your behalf.
Sounds awfully dangerous.

Tom should be working with the Springfield police, if anything.

- Scott
w8jn

thanks

Post by w8jn »

tim,
thanks for the alert. i had the exact thing happen to me 8 years ago by a fellow named scott hunter stark. he was real and the wash dc police even visited him at his apt. long story short, i received junk, sent it back and no refund.. best $325 lesson i ever learned. i have never been scammed since. good luck. i hope you get satisfaction.
best 73 paul w8jn
ps... yes he was a non ham.... shame on me... i learned...
k8tj

BEWARE: Emmett Anderson, AB1LV is at it again folks !!!

Post by k8tj »

A friend of mine forwarded a QTH classified ad's post that Emmett Anderson, AB1LV has an FT-100D up for sale (3-20-2010). PLEASE, save yourself a heap of hassles and do not do business with this guy (see my original post). This guy ripped me off on a TS-440S. I bought and paid for the radio via Paypal but it did not work on arrival. Mr. Anderson advised to ship it back, I did so and he acknowledged receipt via email and promised to refund my money via Paypal the next day. The refund never came and he avoided my future emails and all I ever got when I called his phone number was voice mail. Never a call back. Somehow he circumvented the Paypal buyer protection system and had the claims case I had opened was closed by him. The friend that emailed me this ad was ALSO ripped off by Mr. Anderson. This guy is a ham but also a professional con artist. Please spread the word, DO NOT do business with this person...

AB1LV
Emmett Anderson, Jr
86 Woodruff St
Springfield, MA 01109
USA
--
Tim, K8TJ
K8TJ@COMCAST.NET
"CW-FOREVER"