NA1A Deceitful and un-apologetic for it!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7ry

NA1A Deceitful and un-apologetic for it!

Post by w7ry »

I purchaced a tube from Duke NA1A. It was supposed to be a 3CPX1500 Eimac tube per his ad posting here on QTH.com as shown below:

Listing Number: 744663
Date Ad was Placed: 05/26/09
Name: Duke
Callsign: NA1A
Category: TUBES
Heading: Eimac 8877 Pulsating Tube
Ad Message:

for sale an Eimac YU-209 which is the 3CPX1500A7 pulse tube or 8877 pulse tube. This tube is more rugged than the regular 8877, can take higher grid current. One of these in the Alpha 77DX amp kicks 2500W without trying hard. This one was a spare tube for my Alpha 77DX. Sold the amp, so the tube is available. Full emissions. $285 shipped ConUS.

What I received was a YU-209 all right... But a YU-209 is not a 3CPX1500A7.

He was clearly deceptive in advertising that a YU-209 is equivalent to a 3CPX1500A7. The 3CPX1500A7 tube has a 5.5 volt filament, (the 3CX1500A7 has a 5 volt filament) and has a much taller ceramic base.

I specifically was looking for the pulse rated 3CPX1500 tube.

He offered my money back but I had to eat the shipping both ways.

Be sure to check out the ENTIRE story before dealing with Duke, NA1A. Or better yet, just don't deal with him.

Jim W7RY
w8jn

never a problem with duke

Post by w8jn »

"What I received was a YU-209 all right... But a YU-209 is not a 3CPX1500A7"

Duke listed the correct numbers!!! You should have looked it up. Shame on you!!
i have never had any issues with duke...... i have purchased plenty of stuff from him. always honest.
happy hoss trading 73 paul w8jn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

What was stopping you from checking out the tube comparisons.For that price and it not being the original number of the factory installed tube i would have done some cross checking at least.
Larry Huff K0pd
w7ry

Re: never a problem with duke

Post by w7ry »

w8jn wrote:"What I received was a YU-209 all right... But a YU-209 is not a 3CPX1500A7"

Duke listed the correct numbers!!! You should have looked it up. Shame on you!!
i have never had any issues with duke...... i have purchased plenty of stuff from him. always honest.
happy hoss trading 73 paul w8jn
He did NOT LIST THE CORRECT NUMBERS!

A YU-209 is NOT a 3CPX1500A7. Please check your facts.
w8jn

Post by w8jn »

i just quoted you.according to you he listed yu-209. if yu 209 is not the correct part, then why did you buy it?
w8jn

say whattttt?????

Post by w8jn »

Quote "A YU-209 is NOT a 3CPX1500A7. Please check your facts."

I am not getting this? you knowingly bought a wrong part then came back to kick Dukes --- for selling you the wrong part that you knew was wrong? I am beginning to think that your extra ticket stands for "extra stupid". Now we all wait for the follow up where you try to insert the tube into its socket with a hammer..... wow... you just cant make this stuff up. By the way a yu-209 will not work as a spark plug in your car, or an egg slicer, nor will it work as a hair dryer, door mat, popiel pocket fisherman, spare tire, or antenna tuner.....
happy hoss tradin' paul w8jn
ac5df

Money refunded.......Angry over some small shipping??

Post by ac5df »

Duke does his part allways either buying or selling on QTH. He has an excellent reputation. You made a mistake and was able to correct your mistake with Dukes help by returning what you paid for the incorrect tube. I dont see where the shipping on a tube would be so devestating and with the returned money in your hands you leave a bad report on my friend Duke NA1A. A very small fee to charge you for wasteing his time haveing to fool with getting the deal straightened back out only to go back to the point of beginning in which he started. "I have a tube for sale again". I do hope you find the tube you are looking for and wish you all the luck with it. But dont try to shy people away from NA1A over a few dollars you were out over your mistake. 73 AC5DF Terry in South West Arkansas. (A long way from California)............
Terry T. Rodgers
n6wk

Post by n6wk »

I have purchased many items from Duke, NA1A. He has always been very Honest and straight forward. I have never had any issues with any of the equipment I received from Duke.
The spec sheets for the tubes show the Same Height, Same Diameter and the Same Sockets and Chimney. If you knew the 3CPX1500A7 was not an 8877, why would you buy it knowing the Filament voltage is different ?
He offered you the Refund, why be posting a complaint about it?
Take the Refund or let it go!
Oh course, I am sure the refund would be contingent on him having the tube Tested to be sure it is still as it was when it left his hands.
Shipping charges are generally NEVER refundable.
Gordon
N6WK
KO6SS

re:NA1A Deceitful and un-apologetic for it!

Post by KO6SS »

Wow, Jim I think you are being alittle harsh on Duke, It looks clear that Duke listed the tube number and what he thought it equated to . he even told everyone what he tried the tube in. But you are the extra class ham, you should be able to use google to find the specs of the tube and know that a does not equal b. oonce the misunderstanding was found out it looks like Duke did the honorable think by offering you your money back! But to call him names like decentful and un-apologetic , justs makes you look like a jack-a$$.
i have traded with Duke for 15 years, He is a good guy and stands behind everything he sells. It's clear this is a simple mistake.
my advise- man up! call rf-parts , pull out your credit card and pay 1000.00 for the tube you need. quit being a cry baby ham op worring about a few bucks in postage.
W4AJF

Duke NA1A

Post by W4AJF »

I have dealt with Duke NA1A MANY MANY times, never a problem, always a straight up guy, trust him completely.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
WB9T

Orion II Purchase from NA1A

Post by WB9T »

Duke,
The Orion II was delivered on time and is exactly as described. Well packaged and all paperwork is in order. I appreciate you professional approach in dealing with sensitive radio equipment as the sensitive nature of the buyer sometimes can be fickle. I am very satisfied. Thank you
73's
Jon WB9T
w6you

Yu-209 - NA1A Duke

Post by w6you »

Have known Duke for 21 years and have been hoss trading with him that long also.
Much gear has gone between us. Not (1) one problem ever has been encountered. Honest and straight forward guy. Goes out of his way to please.
Always check your facts on a product before buying. Best way for successful results.
w7ry

Re: say whattttt?????

Post by w7ry »

w8jn wrote:Quote "A YU-209 is NOT a 3CPX1500A7. Please check your facts."

I am not getting this? you knowingly bought a wrong part then came back to kick Dukes --- for selling you the wrong part that you knew was wrong? I am beginning to think that your extra ticket stands for "extra stupid". Now we all wait for the follow up where you try to insert the tube into its socket with a hammer..... wow... you just cant make this stuff up. By the way a yu-209 will not work as a spark plug in your car, or an egg slicer, nor will it work as a hair dryer, door mat, popiel pocket fisherman, spare tire, or antenna tuner.....

I guess your right Paul.... I guess that my Amateur Extra does stand for "Extra Stupid" !

How stupid of me not to recognize that Paul.

You are a true asset to our hobby Paul.

Jim W7RY
kg4mlo

Re: say whattttt?????

Post by kg4mlo »

w8jn wrote:Quote "A YU-209 is NOT a 3CPX1500A7. Please check your facts."

Where does W8JN get off. The original post made no mention of sockets, hammers, spark plugs, egg slicers,hair dryers, door mats ETC ETC. Paul must spend a lot of time in front of the mirror if he knows so much about EXTRA STUPID. What a maggot he is.