KB8RCR John Shelton: SELLERS / BUYERS BEWARE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AA8VL

KB8RCR John Shelton: SELLERS / BUYERS BEWARE

Post by AA8VL »

John Shelton, KB8RCR called me regarding an 870S I had forsale on QTH. We arranged a meet halfway between columbus and cincinnati, Ohio on a late Sunday evening.

He STOOD me up for three hours with a NO SHOW. I waited for this guy until 1:30 am in the mourning I tried calling his home and cell phone and they were turned off. After I left a dozen messages on his cell phone he finally called me back the next afternoon telling me he was in a car accident on the way up(a semi ran him off the road). John also said that his wife had to pick him up and they didnt get home until 4am in the morning. He then told me he would be up the evening to pick up this radio. I waited...waited...waited and he never showed. Tried calling his cell phone and it was off.

NOW, I called his home phone and his wife answered. She said he was never in an accident and she thought he was coming back to columbus to pick another radio up.

Turns out these excuses were for him to get away from his wife to commit...............well you can guess the rest.

So in closing I was stood up twice. Wasted 5 hours of my time between driving and waiting for this guy the first time. And wasted another evening waiting for him to pick up this radio...all while he is probably cheating on his xyl. John has never called me again. Not to apologize...NOTHING!

Here is Johns info in case anyone else has been taken advantage of:

JOHN T SHELTON, KB8RCR
9019 PLAINFIELD RD
BLUE ASH OH 45236
513-984-4365
jtimothyshelton@aol.com

All I can say is that it is sad to see the dishonest, cheating hams in the world.
From the studios located in downtown Columbus Ohio this is your friend Chris AA8VL broadcasting live, Good Evening!
wk9l

Post by wk9l »

This guy John did the samething with me, Only it was a tower and antennas
that he wanted after getting it all ready and down never showed up and never called and I could never get though to him and e-mails were not answered.
Take what ever he tell you with a grain of salt !!
WK9L
Metamora, In. :?
Perry Cummins
harley

JOHN SHELTON

Post by harley »

I've had a bad dealing with JOHN SHELTON of Cincinnati , OH. also. His call is KB8RCR. I sent him a money order for some equipment and never got it. He won't answer the phone or return calls or emails. I read he's ripped off many other people. I am a detective for the the police department. Maybe this guy has screwed with the wrong person finally. I'll see what I can do about him.
vk2uw

Harley

Post by vk2uw »

You could get a full time job on the Classifieds working as a Detective, catching those Fraudsters.

Would the Police Dept cover your Wages and expences to help Amateur Radio.

It goes to show Fraudsters can only burn a certain amount of people until they get the wrong one.
Well Done Harley, keep us updated.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
N2PET

Dead Beat

Post by N2PET »

This guy also wasted my time on some equip I had on QTH, could have sold it 5 times in the 2 weeks this clown jerked me around. :? :?
VE3TMT

Fill his wife in!

Post by VE3TMT »

Somebody should call his wife and fill her in on what is happening! Better yet get a female to call.
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

Turns out these excuses were for him to get away from his wife to commit...............well you can guess the rest.

...wasted another evening waiting for him to pick up this radio...all while he is probably cheating on his xyl.
Observation:

There is nothing told, so far, to indicate what the man was actually doing when he was supposed to be meeting for swaps. Such factual information is totally missing.

Question:

Why have some reached the conclusion that the man was cheating on his wife? This is a serious charge to make in a public forum.
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL