BEWARE OF "TERRY" NON-PAYER QUICKSHOT_565@YAHOO.co

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k4ide

BEWARE OF "TERRY" NON-PAYER QUICKSHOT_565@YAHOO.co

Post by k4ide »

QTH'ers

Take this into consideration if QTH "Terry" wants to trade or buy something from you. "Terry" has emailed me several times about a HT I have for sale, each email not even complete sentences. Over several emails he decided to take the HT I had for sale. Two days later I get an e-mail from him saying he changes his mind. Take this in to account when doing business with him. No-callsign as well and wants business done COD style. NO COD-4-ME!! Sounds like a SCAMMER to ME :evil: . You call the shots. It's your equipment. He uses the email addresses "quickshot_565 at yahoo.com" and "quickshot_565 at gmail.com". Sell/Trade your equipment elsewhere.
N4XTS

yep he's a WAFWOT

Post by N4XTS »

Yep, this guy is a WAFWOT.

My experience with him went as follows:

I posted an selling an Icom F-4061 LMR HT on RadioReference. He responds asking if I am interested in an FT-8900 in trade. While I wasn't looking to trade, I ask him to send me pictures of the radio, ask if it has any problems, etc.

I get an email with a couple of fuzzy pictures. On top of the 8900 it looks as if one of the screws is rusted out. I ask him specific questions "has this radio been exposed to water, what is included? are there any problems?"

Terry responds with one line emails "that is the light from the camera". Never answers the other questions. This guy doesn't seem to be able to write more than three or four words at a time.

So I decide I'll take a chance on the 8900 being as I know where another parts radio is. I tell him I am willing to do the deal, how do you want to ship, etc. This is after three others make offer on the Icom, but this "Terry" was the first one to respond.

I hear nothing (but he does get the PM's so I know he is reading them).

After a week when I ask him is he going to honor the deal he responds with another one of his one liners:

"nope sorry"

So I ask why he bothered wasting my time in the first place. His response:

"I WAS OUT OF TOWN"

I call B.S. he had no problem reading the PM's. He is just another flaky dude with an inability to communicate. Glad I didn't send my Icom to him, something tells me the 8900 was junk anyway.

Just a heads up, this guy doesn't keep his word on deals.
Amateur radio gets right through.
aj4hk

terry-quickshot, don't waste your time

Post by aj4hk »

:x I also have had issues with terry-quickshot, he sends emails and tries to get your bottom dollar, and then sends more emails to get you to almost give item away,
Then you never hear from him, in about 2 weeks later he sends email asking the same questions, and then waits and then sends email saying he doesn't want it.
I have had 2 occassions with this clown.
I sent him email, and told him I was done playing games with Him.
73 de aj4hk
w9twr

Same deal here..he's a flake

Post by w9twr »

He did the same thing to me, I had 2 ht's listed, he dragged it out for weeks, said he'd sent m.o., then after 2-3 weeks, said his wife wouldn't let him. forgetting that he'd already told me several times the money had been sent. He's a grade A Flake. 73's to all!
Jerry Boling W9TWR
ARRL
SKYWARN
ARES
N4XTS

FYI Mr. "Quickshot" is actually KA5IDD

Post by N4XTS »

FYI "Terry" is KA5IDD, Terry Lamb of Lowell, AR. This same guy bought an FT-90 off me a few months ago. Checked my Paypal history and there it was. So no hiding behind anonymous emails Terry- your shenanigans with all of us are out on front street.
NR7J

Twice with me.

Post by NR7J »

KA5IDD Terry Lamb is a big time WAFWOT

Major issues in his closet. A 50 yrs old acting like a 5 yrs girl. Maybe the medication is not working.

More problems reported on QRZ

http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p=12 ... ostcount=1
NR7J

Post by NR7J »

k8vf

terry lamb

Post by k8vf »

I posted a bad seller report a couple years ago abt this fellow after buying a printer from him which was not as described.
At that time he had zero bad feedback here.
Dont buy from him, he knows not what the truth is.

Best regards,
K8VF
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

My thought is if Ham Radio is to retain it's reputation why is this guy still licensed as a second thought is the Area Mental health in his community refusing to help him also.
Larry Huff K0pd
NR7J

The elevator doesn't go all the way up

Post by NR7J »

Area Mental Health in his community went out of business because everyone in the department went crazy dealing with him.

No matter what, he will NOT complete a deal so don't reply to his emails or if you have the time just play along.
wx1f

quickshot565 KA5IDD Terry Terry strikes again

Post by wx1f »

TERRY L LAMB KA5IDD who's address is 12881 FRISCO CEMETERY RD, LOWELL AR, 72745...emailed me today, wanting to make a trade for an ht I just posted for sale or trade. (I guess it was my turn to get messed with). He offered to trade a new dualband rig for my ht! Too good to be true? Of course!! He was just starting he usual game!!
But I discovered how to make him disappear. I asked him for his call sign, full name, address and phone number. He replied without answering my request,
"I think I'll pass."
By the way....he loves his "quickshot565" moniker.....just changes back and forth between Hotmail and Gmail.
KM4OP

GOOD DEAL WITH MR LAMB

Post by KM4OP »

RECEIVED THE RADIO HE SAID HE SHIPPED TO ME IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.

PHIL, KM4OP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotmail® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.
Last edited by KM4OP on Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DE Phil, KM4OP
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

Good luck, Phil. I just checked the USPS website and the "tracking number" that scammer gave you doesn't exist. Better go to your backup buyer list....
N4XTS

Post by N4XTS »

Terry has been banned from Radio Reference, QRZ and other sites for flim-flamming people. KM4OP be lucky you got your radio, this guy is a tool and likes to jerk you around and waste your time.

I can't believe this guy is in his 50's and acts like a 16 year old. What a loser.