Ameritron AL-80

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Ameritron AL-80

Post by KA9FOX »

I have an original Ameritron AL-80 amplifier (not an AL-80A or AL-80B) that I no longer need. I don't even remember what I paid for it. It works fine. What is this thing worth these days?

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Last edited by KA9FOX on Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w4wvw

Post by w4wvw »

Looks like not too many people are willing to try to assign a value to other peoples equipment. I have only noticed a coule of replies to questions that have been posted. I have always been reluctant to price someone else's stuff because they usually end up being mad at you. That's why I don't respond to for sale listings that say "make offer". Even if you email them and ask "how much" they still say make offer; then when you do they get offended.

I thought there were only 2 versions of the amp you have, the AL-80 and the AL-80B. I thought people started calling the one A after the B came out.

Always enjoy the site and have enjoyed the forums so far. Thanks! 8)
Ed Crawford/ w4wvw
Winston Salem, NC
w7gg

Re: Ameritron AL-80

Post by w7gg »

[quote="KA9FOX"]I have an original Ameritron AL-80 amplifier (not an AL-80A or AL-80B) that I no longer need. I don't even remember what I paid for it. It works fine. What is this thing worth these days?

73 - Scott KA9FOX[/quote]
wa2rqy

Post by wa2rqy »

Thats a hard one because you hardly ever see these amps.
For one thing, they are smaller in size to either the AL-80A & AL-80B, that might be a selling point for some.
You can try & go by similar amps of yore like the Heath SB-200, Swan 1200 series, etc.
I would say if clean & working, its got to be close to $300-$400.
Gee, you can get $100+ just for the tube alone.
GL Scott,
Tnx & 73......
Rich WA2RQY/4
N9MS

AL-80

Post by N9MS »

I'm interested in purchasing it. Did you come up with a price?

Mike - N9MS
Mike Saeger
N9MS