Rudeness

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
ko4ma

Rudeness

Post by ko4ma »

What is it with some hams? I sent a guy a cash offer on an antenna he had for trade. He described it as new in the box, opened for inventory. I offered him $60 shipped, and R&L sells it for 59.95 plus shipping, which would be $10 tops. No tax cross state either.

I get this in reply:
"Oh boy, that would be about half price adding shipping and taxes to the price of a new one would'nt it?

I think I will put it together and use it for a coat rack.

Thanks for the reply, good luck getting something for nothing,"

What the hell?

If you don't want to sell it for that price, you can at least be polite and decline it, or counteroffer. There is nothing to be gained by being RUDE.

73, Drew KO4MA

PS Isn't more than 85% of new a pretty fair offer?
wx1f

Re: Rudeness

Post by wx1f »

Post Deleted
Last edited by wx1f on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ko4ma

Post by ko4ma »

No, you didn't offend me. You'd have to offer me 85% percent of retail, and my station would have to have been advertised for trade for the situations to be analagous though.

I don't think it's a stretch to offer almost retail for something some offered up for trade on a swap site. He could have almost bought what he wanted with the cash.

I always think before I jump. I guess it's just a southern thing not to be an ass to people for no reason.
K4ICL

People are people...

Post by K4ICL »

If you walk down any busy city street long enough you are going to bump into one or more people that are rude and crude. You know--Trolls.

If you "walk down" the "Internet street" often enough you will meet the same Trolls; they have computers, too.