NOTICE FROM AD7RU

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ad7ru

NOTICE FROM AD7RU

Post by ad7ru »

I will no longer be making any deals,swaps or trades that is not done in person face to face. To much has happened in the past with shipping and misunderstandings and delays.
AL
I try to be the best i can but health issues seem to keep me away sometimes
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

That's too bad. I have made hundreds of deals , never been burn't yet as far as buying or swapping equipment. I even request personal checks so the sender does not have to go out of their way and usually I ship first. I always do a little research first though. When in doubt , google them. There is no reason to be scared to do a transaction .
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
ad7ru

Oh have not had trouble with others

Post by ad7ru »

It seems i am to blame for all troubles in trades just about the time i swap something i end up in the hospital or something else happens to delay my shipping my part and since I live way out in the boonies have desided not to do anymore trades unless it is in person...
AL
I try to be the best i can but health issues seem to keep me away sometimes
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

Post Deleted
Last edited by wx1f on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Trading in person puts a massive limit on how much you can actually achieve.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

"Trading in person puts a massive limit on how much you can actually achieve". I am not sure exactly what you mean, but by trading in person, one can get a good, "feel", on what the other person is like. Example, does the person look you in the eye when talking about the equipment that he is selling or trading? Is the person nervous? Things that can't be picked up via e-mail, or by telephone. And, probably the most important, you can ask to try out the equipment before committing to buy or trade.
kj5co

Most all of us are compassionate.

Post by kj5co »

Al we all have problems but it is much easier to communicate than complain. Stop hiding and answer your emails. The woe is me attitude you seem to have doesn't go very far when you have received your part of a deal and suddenly have nothing but excuses to not finish your part. I hope you learn it is easier to be the good guy than a deadbeat. Still waiting for you to keep your word.
wx1f

Post by wx1f »

Post Deleted
Last edited by wx1f on Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

The way I read what N4ATS wrote is that "trading in person only" means that you limit yourself to your immediate area.

Too bad if the person who needs your trade lives 500 miles away... :(
Gilles, in the great white north..