Any one Dealt with African trader/buyer? EDWARD LUWITS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KG6JFN

Any one Dealt with African trader/buyer? EDWARD LUWITS

Post by KG6JFN »

I had an interesting email from a user going by the name EDWARD LUWITS. I was wondering if any one has dealt with this individual. I copied his original email for all to view. It sounds laschevious to me, stating that he would have his shipping agent come to my "Base" (Home) to pick up the items that I had listed. Sounds like something / someone to be wary of.

I had some one from South Africa make an offer of $6K on an item I had listed about six months ago. The reality is that the radio was only worth about $500.00 U.S. Pretty strange if you aske me, and they too required that they have a shipping agent come to my home to pick up the item. Becarefull out there if their willing to pay too much, then it is too good to be true.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E-mail from Dr. Edger Raymond<--- That is where the email was from.

DEAR SIR,
I AM MR EDWARDLUWITS,I AM BASED IN WEST
AFRICA.I SAW YOUR ADVERT ON THE POSTED ADDS AND IT
CAUGHT MY EYE .WITH GREAT INTEREST,I'D LIKE TO
PURCHASE THIS GOODS OF YOURS
AS ITS LIKE A MOVING FORCE IN THIS PART OF THE
WORLD.I AM A US CITIZEN BORN IN CARLIFONIA ,I AM
HERE IN AFRICA ON A PROJECT WHICH I WILL REQUIRE
ITEMS TO FACILITATES THE PROJECT.
I WILL LIKE TO GET YOUR 6 RADIOS TOTAL
WILLING TO PAY $700
ABOUT SHIPPING;I HAVE A RELIABLE SERVICE WHO WILL BE
AT YOUR BASE AS SOON AS A DEAL IS SEALED.I'LL KINDLY
AWAIT YOUR TIMELY REPLY WITH POSITIVITY IN RESPECT
TO MY DISCCUSSION.HAVE A NICE DAY.

THANKS

EDWARD LUWITS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen, KG6JFN
DE,73's
KE3GK

Scam ...

Post by KE3GK »

Stay away from this deal ... it's the typical African scams going around.
kc9aza

edward lewits

Post by kc9aza »

i recieved the same e-mail only thing is he went by john lewits

DEAR SIR,
I AM MR JOHN LUWITS,I AM BASED IN WEST
AFRICA.I SAW YOUR ADVERT ON THE POSTED ADDS AND IT
CAUGHT MY EYE .WITH GREAT INTEREST,I'D LIKE TO
PURCHASE THIS GOODS OF YOURS
AS ITS LIKE A MOVING FORCE IN THIS PART OF THE
WORLD.I AM A US CITIZEN BORN IN CARLIFONIA ,I AM
HERE IN AFRICA ON A PROJECT WHICH I WILL REQUIRE
ITEMS TO FACILITATES THE PROJECT.
I WILL LIKE TO GET YOUR 6033
WILLING TO PAY $ 200
ABOUT SHIPPING;I HAVE A RELIABLE SERVICE WHO WILL BE
AT YOUR BASE AS SOON AS A DEAL IS SEALED.I'LL KINDLY
AWAIT YOUR TIMELY REPLY WITH POSITIVITY IN RESPECT
TO MY DISCCUSSION.HAVE A NICE DAY.

THANKS

JOHN LUWITS
W0LPQ

Scams

Post by W0LPQ »

What part of the African (Nigerian or otherwise) scams don't you guys understand. If someone sends you an email offering much more than your stuff is worth, and offers to do the kind of deals purported, it should send up the big flag. Any checks sent will bounce and ... YOU will be in trouble for cashing a forged/no good check.

NO..!!

But, hey if you want to send your money....go right ahead. But, don't complain when the deal goes south..!

Bill, WØLPQ