Guys and gals, a hint for you.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8ERM

Guys and gals, a hint for you.

Post by N8ERM »

When looking at the ads don't let them fool you. Lots of folks put in "no shipping must pick up". They might not be from their listed call area. Case in point, I needed some filter caps and transformer for a power supply I am building. Found a W5 that had exactly what I needed but no shipping. Looked him up on QTH and he is in Fowlerville MI just a few miles from where I live. Took voltage probe, my cap tester and darned if he didn't have some bleeder resisters and some rectifiers for a great price.
Happy trading, selling and trading.
Terry N8ERM
W5YMB

" A hint "

Post by W5YMB »

It would be nice if Scott would REQUIRE a City & State when Ads are posted

This way, naturally, a possible buyer would not have to do a QRZ lookup

(Right, Scott) ?
w0zs

Post by w0zs »

Scott does provide an easy way to look up the seller (provided he has a callsign). He has built in a QRZ lookup in the ad. Just one click on the hyperlinked callsign, check the address, and hit your back button and you're back to the ad. My 2 cents worth. Now whether the guys information is updated in the FCC database is another story....
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

wk0f wrote:Scott does provide an easy way to look up the seller (provided he has a callsign). He has built in a QRZ lookup in the ad. Just one click on the hyperlinked callsign, check the address, and hit your back button and you're back to the ad. My 2 cents worth. Now whether the guys information is updated in the FCC database is another story....
That brings up one of my pet peeves. Do me a favor. When selling something that is pick up only please put your city and state in the ad even if it is the same as your callbook address. And before you say how easy it is to look up it's also just as easy to put it in your ad. Remember, I may be lazy but I also could be the one with the need and the cash to buy your item..

Just my $.02 worth

N5KBP