Radio-Mart Is Back

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w2co

Post by w2co »

KD1UJ wrote:
The scammers have a hard time dodging Paypal and eBay's feedback system ...
No, they don't. eBay's feedback system has completely broken down. Just try threatening negative feedback to a seller who hasn't delivered. They laugh at you and threaten that if you do that, they're going to give you negative feedback as well. If you've got, say, 50 feedbacks, all positive, and they've got 600 or a 1000, already a mix, how much is it worth to you to give them one more negative and get one yourself?
Yes true but the point was at least they have something in place to help people make decisions even though there are flaws. How about when a seller holds you hostage by not leaving feedback until you leave yours first. I think the eBay rules say that a seller must leave feedback as soon as they receive full payment for an item. Well that doesn't happen either and eBay does nothing about this, but they will do something about a repeated scammer. Also they will sick law enforcement on them in drastic cases unlike the ham boards who just remove the threads and say "we're done with it" and ban everyone else who made warnings.

As for "If you've got, say, 50 feedbacks, all positive, and they've got 600 or a 1000, already a mix, how much is it worth to you " Sometimes I have left NO feedback and they the same for fear of wrongfully receiving a negative, even though they deserved a negative to begin with. Sometimes it's better left blank.

But really on all these ham classified boards there is not even this system to back you up. I will never buy anything from any of these boards, much less a high dollar item. Granted they are supposed to be an aid to the ham community, and they are in other areas but like everything else it's gone to hell in a hand basket where it comes to classified ads and user security. Thanks to all the dishonest people. I could go on and on about this but you know the truth is it's gone really downhill after we brought in a no code tech license, that and the lack of discipline that no code implies. It will get worse before it gets better if at all, and there's nothing we can do to fix it. Sorry but that's what I believe. For anyone who wants to read my story go to my webpage at http://home.comcast.net/~w2co.
BSET, GROL w/Ship Radar, A.R.S. W2CO
Pizwiz

Post by Pizwiz »

Just to add my two cents !
I recently bought an old National receiver from him.
In the description he stated that it was brought to him and that he checked it out and that all capacitors had been replaced and he found the receiver to work fine and commented on the smooth tuning of the unit.
When it arrived, it was definitely NOT in working order for many reasons. The tuning string had been wound wrong and the tuning disk was so badly bent, you could spin the dial without moving the tuning cap at all. Certainly nothing had ever been replaced. Furthermore, he had necver even seen this receiver and he was careless enough not to even open the original shipping box which was sent to him from Oregon. Kind of hard to personally check the radio when you're in Kentucky.
I have spent the last few weeks getting the receiver working again.
A promised price adjustment was also never received.
I know that, when I buy old equipment, that it will need work. So just tell me up front and I'll buy it anyway if it is something I can take care of.
Listing any 20+ year old equipment as " Like new" or "Mint" serves no purpose. Just list the true condition and those of us interested in old radios will not mind a bit . Heck, we love these old warriors and don't mind giving them the care that they deserve.
Adolph
The most UNcommon thing in the world is common sense. !
K4ICL

Hear, Hear...

Post by K4ICL »

Well said.

This issue has bounced from site to site, thread to thread, news group to news group for over three years now.

I would have thought everyone would know the score by now. But, NOOOooooo.

Nuff said...
Pizwiz

Post by Pizwiz »

Unfortunately there are those of us who are novices when it comes to PC stuff and we are very naive about these things. :oops:

Adolph
The most UNcommon thing in the world is common sense. !
kd0pd

Martyn Allison ( Radio-Mart ) of Saddieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

Hello,
Congradulations and thank you. Once again someone with a little inituative and nerve has proven what has been said many times of late. Yes, Martyn is once again proven to be the liar, cheat, thief and crook of which he so richly deserves. Still however, there are yet hundreds of others out there with like experences. Even the novices are beginning to notice him for what he is all about. His reputation is finally following him. Appears now that his only source of pray is limited to e-bay buyers. His mis-representations there are obvious as well. As time marches on, even that source will dry up to him.
Have A Nice Day,
Jerry Wells kd0pd
kf9z

With great hesitaion...

Post by kf9z »

OK...I recently sold a working but flawed JRC JST-100 with speaker/power supply that was heavily modified along with the NFG-97 antenna tuner to gottahaveit1995. Payment was very prompt and the transaction went off without a problem. The sale went through about three or four weeks ago and I was on eBay looking for other JRC gear when I found my old rig up for sale. I have included a link to MY auction and description along with photos of the rig and then HIS auction description and listing. I want to be clear about this...I have no isse with my transaction as he was the buyer. I can honestly say that if I bought the radio he listed and described I would be very angry.

The radio I sold and he is listing for sale as MINT was mine as confirmed in several e-mails as well as the fact I had a rare bound copy of the original manual from JRC in NJ. The radio has chips in the trim ring and the case is rough. All of this was listed in my eBay auction. The power supply and speaker were modified and are not original. An aftermarket toggle switch was added to the power supply and the speaker was INSERTED into the PS in order to remove one item from the shack. It is FAR from original and not even CLOSE to mint or collectors quality. I even pointed this out to Marty but there has yet to be an addition to his listing pointing this out.

He even went so far as to claim this is so rare he had NEVER SEEN ONE FOR SALE ON EBAY! He waited long enough for eBay to drop it from the completed listings and he then listed it after buying it from me...on eBay! He seemed like a nice enough guy when I asked him if this was the radio he purchased from me. It was. He said he only bought it for the tuner as mine was nicer than his so he is selling the rest of the gear. My tuner was so-so physically and was so stated in the listing but his auction is for a MINT condition NFG-97. That makes no sense if mine was nicer than his, huh? To top it all off the CPU has an error code covered in the manual. I made that clear in my listing but there is NO mention of any error codes or problems. This radio and station were sold by me AS-IS for a reason and all issues were disclosed. They were in working order but in no way COLLECTORS QUALITY or MINT. I am sorry that someone will buy the radio and station accessories only to find they are about a 7 out of 10 physically and about an 8 out of 10 operationally due to the CPU issue (which is common in this model JRC and so covered in the operating manual). I was honest in my listing but I feel his auction description is not...by a long shot. This is a rare radio but it is not close to collectors quality in any respect. If you look at his supplied pictures you will see the chips and marks on the trim ring and case but they are barely visible in the pictures and parts are no longer available for this radio in any fashion or are there any cases or trim rings around for him to have replaced. I tried!

I am a little uneasy about responding to this but I feel it needs to be done. Again...he has done NOTHING to me in regards to a sale and everything was well done on his end. As a collector of JRC gear I would be angry to purchase something in COLLECTORS QUALITY or MINT (his words...not mine) and get what I sold him. I would reverse charges or stop payment provided those were options.

I have no dealings with Martyn in retgards to our transaction. I realize it is impossible to make everyone happy and he has done a decent job on eBay with regards to his volume in keeping those with whome he has had transactions happy. This is in no way indicative of his every day dealings and I may be over reacting but I feel others should know my thoughts...for what they are worth.

My listing: 9724515161

His listing: 9735760784

Same radio yet different descriptions. I hate to impune a mans integrity who has done nothing to me that would warrant it. I hope those who read this posting understand the reasons behind my post. Many have had great dealing with Marty as did I but only as the seller.
n5wrx

How to get the word out ...

Post by n5wrx »

I se all his auction are private so no one can contact the bidder to put him wise.
That also lets him bid on his own auction as you can not see who the bidders are.

Bid on his item and then dont pay.
In feedback refer and link to this thread as to why you dont want to send the money.

William Lee N5WRX
k8cpa

Radio-Mart

Post by k8cpa »

Hi Guys,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But my uncle KC8HEF just got stuck on a deal with RADIO MART.

He needs some help with it.

I know nothing about the deal.

e-mail me uncle at gnewsome@cablespeed.com

This trying to stick him with a restock fee.

I'm sending him this link, hopefully I can get him to register here.

-Chuck K8CPA
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com
RADIOMART NEWS-1

RADIO MART NEWS

Post by RADIOMART NEWS-1 »

CHECK THIS LINK OUT
Radio Mart Fans!

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=r ... eceived+by
W9DMW-2

RADIO MART--LIAR--THEIF

Post by W9DMW-2 »

RADIO MART, You buy from him, you are taking a chance, Sure there are people that are lucky, But look at the ones that get ripped off. The list is ever growing. I purchased a MN-2700 Drake antenna tuner from MARTYN, Told it was mint and working condition with no concerns, When I finally got it and opened the box, It stunk of smoke, The kind you smell when something has burn't up, Most of all the screws were missing from the case, Both of the tunning caps were arced over, And both boards were burn't up, I emailed him, Told him about the problem, He told me to send it back for a refund, He even gave me his UPS account number to use in sending the item back. I did, And I waited for a refund.
After about a month of emailing him, I notice he had y MN-2700 Tuner back on ebay reselling it, Again stating it as a perfect working order tuner, What Gall, I asked him for my refund, And you know the rest, NEVER GAVE ME A REFUND, But resold the item again for double profit. Some day, He is going to cross the wrong person, And all hell is going to break loose on him, I hope it comes soon... He is a person with out HONOR a low life scumbag, And proper decorum stops me from posting my real thought's on this POS. I will never buy from this THEIF/LIAR again. If there is a concern, It's always the other partys fault, Or his favorite lines, "FIRST I'M HEARING ABOUT THIS", Or "FROM MY PERSONAL COLLECTION" Yah right, Or "RETURN IT FOR A REFUND", Don't bend over near this guy..... "BEWARE-BEWARE-BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!! NUF SAID Don W9DMW

### I STILL HAVE THE POSTINGS AND THE EMAILS I SENT AND RECEIVED FROM HIM ###
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I bought a 747 pwr supply from him a couple of yrs ago advertised as in good working condition and some light cosmectic damage. Boy oh i can say is the man is blind or just a out right liar as it did work ok but looked like it had been setting out behind some ones garage for ages with lot's of rust and peeling paint. Then he bought a radio i sold on E Bay a few weeks back and then tried to claim he never recieved the radio and tried getting his money back.Did not work as i had all the proof needed and he backed off.So my advice is if your a gambler deal with him but if you can not afford to get ripped off stay away from him. Also i would be willing to bet that a good percentage of his positives are from people too embarrased to admit he took them.
Last edited by lhk0pd on Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

who is this guy?

Post by w8jn »

whats his name? is he a ham? please post his information....
shaggy_24740

Re: Radio-Mart

Post by shaggy_24740 »

WA5JAV wrote:You missed my point....My complaint is the misrepresentation or out right lying and ripping off Hams. I'm sure Martyn will lie about the condition of newer equipment as well.

Many boat anchors are solid performers and do it with out a lot of expensive whistles and bells. If I'm shopping for a piece of later equipment, I want the vendor to be truthful to the best of his knowledge, or make a disclaimer that he don't know beans about the equipment and sold as is.

This will be my last post to this subject as I have made my point and hopefully have saved some honest Hams from Martyn.
I have bought hundreds of Items off of ebay, and have only sold 3 items on there. A FT-920 Yaesu a FL-7000 amp and a MDX-100 Desk Mic.
All my feed back is perfect. I sold the FT-920 to rbteaford rbteaford@zerizon.net and he said it didn't even key up. I sold it as is and no return, It was fresh back from Yaesu. Pay Pal made me return his money, and they insisted i did they had all my finances tied up till I gave that man his money back.
My Question is why isn't anyone filing claims against Radio Mart like rbteaford did me? All they have to do is tell Pay Pal the Item was not as described ""THATS IT". Here is my proof.
item # 110352508405 Here is the tracking back to me,, 1z27rw994214832605
Here is the Pay Pal ruling PP-642-604-629 made by Yee Lun,,
The radio was just back from Yaesu and worked flawlessly when I shipped it, he told Pay Pal it didn't key up out of the Box,, although it was sold with no Guarantee and no Return, Pay Pal shoved it back down my throat. How does Radio Mart get by and how has he gotten by so long. Pay Pal is buyer protection even if there is the slightest thing that wasn't mentioned the seller has to take it back. Ask rbteaford@verizon.net "email" about the radio he bought off of shaggy_24740 on EBAY. Radio mart cannot,,, I repeat,, cannot sell an item listed one way and it be the other,,, And no UPS or USPS or FED-EX didn't drop it either they don't buy that at paypal I had $1000 in insurance on the FT_920 when I shipped it and UPS wasn't even mentioned. You guys are letting Radio Mart pull a snow job on you,, just email and ask rbteafor@verizon.net His money is in the mail and so is the radio on it's way back to me and I'm $870 losers in the auction plus over $300 in repairs that is shot. End of story. They done every thing accept hock my house to make me pay that mans money back. A buyer that don't use pay pal is very Stupid.
They are like Walmart, if the buyer don't like it, then the seller has to take it back, And thats facts. Now I done gave you all the case numbers and item numbers and tracking numbers, As I'm typing my radio is still in shipment and the Mans money has been uploaded compliments of Pay Pal...And I don't care to tell you guys and gals' I'm Highly pissed.......
If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck ,Its a Duck
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

"His money is in the mail and so is the radio on it's way back to me and I'm $870 losers in the auction plus over $300 in repairs that is shot. End of story".

I am just curious , Why would you think the radio is "shot" and just came back from Yaesu? One typical problem with the 920 is the ribbon cable on the mic plug circuit card comes loose everytime the front panel is lowered for service. I have seen 3 so far in my shop with the exact problem you described and fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

So I do not understand where "shot" comes to play?

If you tell someone it just came back "fresh" from Yaesu , they expect it to work? Help me out here...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
shaggy_24740

Post by shaggy_24740 »

N4ATS wrote:"His money is in the mail and so is the radio on it's way back to me and I'm $870 losers in the auction plus over $300 in repairs that is shot. End of story".

I am just curious , Why would you think the radio is "shot" and just came back from Yaesu? One typical problem with the 920 is the ribbon cable on the mic plug circuit card comes loose everytime the front panel is lowered for service. I have seen 3 so far in my shop with the exact problem you described and fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

So I do not understand where "shot" comes to play?

If you tell someone it just came back "fresh" from Yaesu , they expect it to work? Help me out here...
Update. I just got the radio back . and it has no recieve and no transmit and no frequency display just a lit up blank screen.
It has about 300 in options inside of it filters and FM board ect. So I'll sell it as a tec special. I have to go over to the other thread and redo my post on what's it worth. I said it recieved. well! It dont do that either .
I checked the radio befor it left here to the owner teaford and it worked well. He said it only had recieve, Well! It just has a light up screen.
W4LTD

Radio-Mart isn't such a bad guy, just a businessman.

Post by W4LTD »

Hey Bill and others,

I recently purchased a Collins SM-3 desk mic from Martyn, it arrived in perfect condition as he stated on the phone
and this was amongst a few items I have purchased from him over the past few years.

Maybe I am just lucky and he only sends me his best equipment? :oops:

Or maybe he really isn't such a bad guy after all?

What is that old saying... :arrow: Caveat Emptor?

--Rich
KI4VDX

Radio Mart

Post by KI4VDX »

I have dealt with Martyn several times. He has always been true to his word. I have bought some real nice pieces of equipment at fair prices. No problems on my end.
Thanks
w8jn

its obvious

Post by w8jn »

it should be obvious to all, exactly how Martyn operates. he buys as much stuff as he can as fast as he can from hamfests and online. he polishes the exterior and sells it sans testing. if someone sold him a top notch piece of equipment, then you get a top notch piece of equipment. if someone sold him a rag, then you get a clean, case pretty rag. this is the only explanation for his wildly ranging feedback. its unfortunate that he is out there. one of these days he is going to cheat the wrong person and martyn will mend his ways.
shaggy_24740

Re: its obvious

Post by shaggy_24740 »

w8jn wrote:it should be obvious to all, exactly how Martyn operates. he buys as much stuff as he can as fast as he can from hamfests and online. he polishes the exterior and sells it sans testing. if someone sold him a top notch piece of equipment, then you get a top notch piece of equipment. if someone sold him a rag, then you get a clean, case pretty rag. this is the only explanation for his wildly ranging feedback. its unfortunate that he is out there. one of these days he is going to cheat the wrong person and martyn will mend his ways.
If someone buys off of him with 41 bad feed backs not to count the Neutrals he has, which is IMHO bad feed back, Then you get what you deserve.
I saw one time I don't care how much you bid on an 847 yeasu on eBay you would get outbidded,,
Then about a month later here comes Mart with a bunch of 847 Yaesu's that he says he come up with buy buying someone out, and he uses the yeasu wording to sell them.
Ive seen the very radios I bid on on his site. So Since he is lying on his auctions, what makes any one think he will tell you the truth about anything.?