PHOTOS. WHY.....?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N9LCD

PHOTOS. WHY.....?

Post by N9LCD »

I've got a gripe about a loy of the photos or items for sale on QTH.COM, eBay and other web sites.

If the purpose of the photo is to convey information about the item(s) for sale, WHY are so many photos blurred, out-of-focus or washed-out by flash?

Don't sellers bother checking their handiwork before posting it as part of their ads?

There's nothing worst than crummy photos with unreadable model numbers, tube types, etc to make items unsaleable. Well, at least to me!

SELLERS: Check your photos -- especially if you don't want to answer a lot of questions!

JERRY

N9LCD
KE0ZU mikeinkcmo

Post by KE0ZU mikeinkcmo »

Hey, the picture is not their fault, they pushed the button, must be the camera.

I have to agree, but if I don't get what I want out of the pictures they present, I always ask for more and tellem I want good pics not the junk in the ad.

If it doesn't happen I just move on. Its a shame but thats how it is.
Just my 2 cents worth
dougcain46

Post by dougcain46 »

I have the opinion that the out of focus photos are to hide defects. If I am selling something I want to have the highest resolution photos possible. The reasoning for a good photo is to get the most money, or the best offer for your equipment. At the same time you get more inquires and give those interested parties confidence. I will not bid on any thing with a out of focus photo. No mater how bad I want that item..

Doug / KA5ROW.COM :?
N8PQB

Photos

Post by N8PQB »

I'm inclined to agree with you, but give the seller the benefit of the doubt. It may not be the photo is hiding defects, it may just be a sign that the person taking the picture doesn't know how to use their camera!
Which brings to mind another question, If they can't figure out how to use a camera, did they know how to use the equipment their selling? Or is that why they are selling it?

Just my .02 cents worth

N8PQB
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

On another note...A picture is available by e-mail upon request.... ?????

What does that mean? Why is it listed that way?

Is this a way to solicit email repsonse to finally get something in your INBOX?

If you have a digital photo of the rig, antenna or amplifier then why not just post it in the listing?

After all, If you have the ability to email a photo of the equipment, then you also have the ability to post the photo with the listing...

End of rant... :lol:
Hauk

Pictures

Post by Hauk »

NO clear Picture = NO sale to me. KJ4BHH
w9dp

Post by w9dp »

N6VMO wrote:On another note...A picture is available by e-mail upon request.... ?????

What does that mean? Why is it listed that way?

Is this a way to solicit email repsonse to finally get something in your INBOX?

If you have a digital photo of the rig, antenna or amplifier then why not just post it in the listing?

After all, If you have the ability to email a photo of the equipment, then you also have the ability to post the photo with the listing...

End of rant... :lol:
It means just what it says, not too hard to understand. I take plenty of pictures of what I sell, but I don't like playing the game of having to reduce the file size to get them under 100 KB. You also only get to post one picture, if anyone really wants to see what shape the item is in, it takes more then one view. The option to that would be to make multiple listings, each with a different picture.

NG9R
W4KTL

Post by W4KTL »

Even worse are sellers that post a catalog picture of the rig they've copied from the net. I can get that from Rig Pix and if it's a rig I'm shopping for chances are I already know what it looks like factory fresh. I want to see what I'm getting.