A rant

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
kf6wxj

A rant

Post by kf6wxj »

Earlier this month I posted a pretty nice HTX-10 rig for $75 with pictures and said it wasnt firm. I got several offers on the first day and told the first guy he had a deal. I told the rest of the folks that I had an offer and to wait to make sure he came through. If trust was an issue I would have provided my ebay feedback. Obviously since Im writing this rant he took my address and sent nothing as well as the rest of the gents. This site used to be a nice site but has now been put on my unreliable list. Im out of here and back to ebay. 73, Bill KF6WXJ
K4ICL

Please verify...

Post by K4ICL »

Now, let me see if I understand this correctly. You struck a deal with one person, and told the "rest of the folks" to wait to see if the first guy came through.

The first guy then ignores you and does not complete his end of the deal.

OK. The first guy is the villain.

Why are the others included in the villain category? Surely you did not expect them to wait around for your deal to be completed. Think "Wal-Mart," either get it now or go to another store. That's what the "the rest of the folks" have done.

So would I.

So, lighten up on treating this site as "unreliable." It is not the site's fault any more than it's the fault of global warming. It is two peoples' fault, they are first guy and you.

...'nuff said.

K4ICL
kf6wxj

Post by kf6wxj »

I should have gone on a bit further. Sorry I didnt. I had sent email to next person on the list and he made an offer which he said he was going to send a mo but didnt. This process was repeated 3 times by 3 different people. I wait 4 days in each instance and email each of them and no reply. Thats the thing that got to me the most. The fact that more than one person didnt bother to reply to either tell me they got a better deal or at least something. I can deal with that but no communication at all thats just plain rude. I have had dealings with Scott several years ago about a bootlegger from Florida and know this site never used to be like that but it seems to have changed. Oh well thats why its called a rant. 73 to all, Bill KF6WXJ
KA2SSX

A Rant

Post by KA2SSX »

Hi Bill-I know what you are saying, I have been through some similar routines, but not as bad as the one you described. I usually get people who want the pictures I say are available, I send them, but never hear a word from them again. This is after they say they are interested. What happened to the e-mail reply back to me, saying they changed their mind, how hard is that to do? From another ham site, I have sent a $600 money order to another ham, he acknowledged receipt of money, but so far he has not replied to my request to see if he actually shipped the radio. In another week, I will have to consider it a very bad situation for me, sending money into a black hole, when I am retired. No chance of recovering the money again, with no job. I wish people would treat others as they would like to be treated. Ka2ssx.
wa2rqy

Post by wa2rqy »

Its the Internet & expect it to happen every so often.
It has even happened on Ebay & they charge, here is free at least :wink:
Scott has a great site here :lol:
Tnx & 73......
Rich WA2RQY/4
n5wrx

Re: A rant

Post by n5wrx »

I know just what you are talking about, Bill.

Three months ago I listed a Dentron antenna tuner and got a guy in TN that called three times to talk about it.
Last call he said he wanted to buy it and was sending the money.

Still waiting for the money but if it ever gets here I will send it back ... after an appropriate waiting period.
N4XTS

Post by N4XTS »

I don't hold anything for anyone unless they send Paypal from a confirmed address. Money orders if sent the next day should not take more than 3 to 5 business days. It's one reason I prefer Paypal despite their fees, but business is business, so the first person to pay is the one who gets the prize. I've had my share of tire kickers on here and QRZ, I just tell everyone straight up the first person with money in hand is the winner. You snooze, you lose.
Amateur radio gets right through.