K7FF emails, you decide...

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8MRC

Post by N8MRC »

Look what I have to deal with trying to get some coax, guy calling me a flake and dumb..Is that what a real ham does?? Beware of him.

Mike<n8mrc>wrote:
For one I am not a flake. I was just looking for some coax, you told me $22 for 100' plus $9 for shipping, which would be $31...I offered you $30...so I don't know what ur problem is, But I will be posting this on the QRZ forum

DereK <k7ff> wrote:
Now, we're getting somewhere.
When you first hit the Chisel Trail I figured you for a flake. Suspicions confirmed.

I had already written you off--just wanted to see how really dumb you would prove out.

Sure enough, your IQ, what there is of it, is about the same numerically as what you offered me on the coax.

Adios no mi amigo!

Mike<n8mrc>wrote
ya know what never mind, your not making any sense, I don't think I would want to send my money to you anyway........

DereK <k7ff> wrote:
Even odder--I would have sworn that you sent me some emails. . . and, that I sent you some others.

Mike<n8mrc>wrote:
Why is that odd? You were going to charge me $4 more then you originally quoted...

DereK <k7ff> wrote:
Odd you should mention that. . .

----- Original Message -----
To: DereK
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:20 PM
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- WTB: RG-8X or 58 coax.....

Wait a min, you quoted me $22 for 100' plus $9 for shipping..that's only $31...

DereK <k7ff> wrote:
$35.

Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- WTB: RG-8X or 58 coax.....

$30 shipped?...let me know thanks

DereK <k7ff> wrote:
$9. USPS Priority Mail

Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 4:13 PM
Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- WTB: RG-8X or 58 coax.....

What would shipping be to 48881?

DereK <k7ff> wrote:
Dear Mike N8MRC,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "WTB: RG-8X or 58 coax..", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

The response is from:

Name: DereK
Callsign: K7FF
E-mail: k7ff@inreach.com

The response is:

Mike>

I have several hundred feet of new, very high quality RG-8X remaining on a 500' reel that I boubht newl. Grey jacket.

I will sell 100' for $22.
Plus shipping.

DereK
K7FF

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 662917
Date Ad was Placed: 05/01/08
Name: Mike
Phone Number: 000/000/0000
Callsign: N8MRC
Category: CABLE
Heading: WTB: RG-8X or 58 coax..
Ad Message:
Looking for about 100' of RG-8X or RG-58 coax for some antenna projects, like to have one complete length..let me know how many feet and price shipped to 48881
K7FF

N8MRC--

Post by K7FF »

When reading the emails in his posting, you might notice the gap of several days between my response to N8MRC's query about shipping on May 1st. It is because he 'conveniently' left out his email to me, also on May 1st., where he offered $25. shipped for the coax. I ignored that 'offer', hoping he would just go away and camp on someone's else's doorstep--but, alas, it wasn't meant to be.

When he was unsuccessful getting some coax on the cheap, (not the first time--see below) he made me another offer. This time, he only tried to chisel a measley buck off the $31. total..

As he apparently figures it is OK to chisel me, I decided to give him some of his own medicine--and raised the price. He was outraged!!

N8MRC has a history of emailing me concerning stuff I have for sale, haggling price, and never completing (to the best of my memory) a single transaction.
To wit>

02-02-07 Hustler 6BTV
02-27-07 RG-58/RG-8X
03-25-07 MFJ-1621
03-25-07 MFJ-1621 (again)
10-31-07 Mobile whips

If someone has some coax they would like to donate, I suggest he give N8MRC a jingle.
kw0o

k7ff

Post by kw0o »

My money is on K7FF.
Has always been somewhat short with people, but honest and reliable.
ships like greased lightning and packs very very well
I think he is a excellent ham and person.
I have never met him
de kw0o kn
N8MRC

Re: k7ff

Post by N8MRC »

NY7Q wrote:My money is on K7FF.
Has always been somewhat short with people, but honest and reliable.
ships like greased lightning and packs very very well
I think he is a excellent ham and person.
I have never met him
Short with people and rude, he could have sent a "no thanks" and called it good..water over the bridge now...
Michael Carigon
Saranac, Michigan
Amateur Radio-N8MRC
Echolink Node #196809
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

There have been mixed reviews about DereK for a long time. Years ago I was concerned about buying from him, but now I am not. He is not a fraud. While the name calling is not appropriate, I think him counter offering with a higher amount than his initial quote was humorous. I recently purchased a coil of Andrew Heliax from DereK and the transaction went very well. He had special pricing on it for one day, so I purchased it and it was shipped on the following day. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

John KK9A
N8MRC

Post by N8MRC »

For the record I was NEVER "outraged" as he put it, I was just wondering why he raised it $4 more then what he originaly quoted me...He makes more drama than what it really is...
Michael Carigon
Saranac, Michigan
Amateur Radio-N8MRC
Echolink Node #196809
N8MRC

Post by N8MRC »

This guy does not quit, this is an e-mail he sent to Scott-KA9FOX about me posting his e-mail address on the forum...sounds like he just wants to cause trouble, talk about drama. BTW DereK I have your e-mail address blocked. Have a nice day everyone!!

"It is my understanding (please let me know if I am incorrect) that
it is a federal crime to post someone's email address on the
Internet without that person's permission.

On May 06, 2008, it appears that N8MRC made a post in the QTH.com
Feedback Forum that included my email address, to
wit>I have not given N8MRC, nor anyone else, permission to post my email
address on the Internet.

Please take the necessary and appropriate steps to remove the
portion of that post that includes my email address, and, further,
to inform N8MRC that you have done so.

I am informing N8MRC of this request to you via a acopy of this
email sent to his email address.

DereK
K7FF"
Michael Carigon
Saranac, Michigan
Amateur Radio-N8MRC
Echolink Node #196809
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Wake up people , all you have to do is google it , example "call sign email address" and you can find just about anyones email (not all but most). A persons email address is all over the place UNLESS he kept it hidden all along which is rare.

I googled his email , captured it 64 times depending on the search string I used.

You can google anything...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
kf9z

Post by kf9z »

Add me to the list of people who will not buy from DereK as that behavior is not acceptable. People loose sight of the fact that a real person is on the other end of the e-mail and I read nothing that would warrant that response - and for the record I cannot see any reason to respond like that. I WAS going to buy some hard-line from him but not after this - even though his prices are fair. And to whine to Scott over his e-mail address being posted? How petty is that? His e-mail address is ALL OVER THE PLACE if you just search for his name, call or DereK and coax in the same search.

Oh well - I have better things to do with my money that give it to someone who treats others that way - regardless of the way they were treated. Remember the old saying 'If you do not have anything nice to say - do not say anything at all!'. I guess that went out the window when you can remotely send insults and be a general ass over the internet with little fear of reprisal. I bet he would not act that way at a hamfest - nor should he.

Anyway - I do not know DereK but after this I choose not to deal with him...even on the limited information I have reviewed here. Mainly over whining to Scott about posting his e-mail! Sounds like a kid who has no problem solving skills and runs to the teacher when someone takes his ball.
K7FF

N8MRC

Post by K7FF »

N8MRC asked the 'Forum' to decide, and it appears to have done so.

Plenty of criticism of my conduct, and apparently none for N8MRC. What started out as a private little jab imbued with a little fun at the jerking around I felt he was giving me, and a subtle attempt at some humor, was soon opened to public scrutiny and roundly criticised. What I did was ''whining' when I objected to my email address being made public, which isn't the same as it being accessible to those who have enough information, the interest, and the desire, to take the necessary trouble to find out what it is. (Along these lines, you might consider why your email address isn't included in your Classified listings. . .)

It appears that being totally honest, having good, often difficult to find stuff, at reasonable prices, excellent packing and shipping, and completing transactions in a fast, efficient, and up front manner, just doesn't cut it. Now, people who WERE going to buy something from me won't because I privately whined to Scott to delete my email address from N8MRC's Forum comments, and let N8MRC know that I had made the request by sending him a copy of that email to Scott.

The Forum has decided--the consensus seems to be that I abused N8MRC in a vile, offensive manner, and should be avoided.

I realize that these comments will also be viewed by some as 'whining', but I feel they need to be said.

DereK
K7FF
kf9z

Re: N8MRC

Post by kf9z »

K7FF wrote: What I did was ''whining' when I objected to my email address being made public, which isn't the same as it being accessible to those who have enough information, the interest, and the desire, to take the necessary trouble to find out what it is. (Along these lines, you might consider why your email address isn't included in your Classified listings. . .)
To prevent SPAM - not your private e-mail address. Your phone number is NOT private even when you are UNLISTED in the phone book. Why would you expect your e-mail address to be private?

I saw NOTHING in your e-mails (other that upping the price - which was humorous) that was poking fun or 'playing around' with your perceived 'jerking around'. You insulted his IQ, called him DUMB and a jerk! That is not good natured fun at all - and most here would agree. It seems from those who responded you have a history of being short and rude with people who keep you in business by send YOU MONEY! I am not sure why you would expect people to send you money when you act like a classless child who is upset when someone posts your e-mail address?

You have to realize (and I am sure you do) that QTH is like a virtual hamfest and people are free to make offers on your equipment, you are free to decline, you are free to be a jerk, you are free to sell it. It is your call but you must understand the consequences when you rub that person and others the wrong way with a perceived attitude issue.

I do not know you and you may be a great guy who had a bad day, I do not know - but I do know I will have to think long and hard before I send you $$. That is my call - and that may not affect you.

Anyway - DereK, I do not know you and my comments are made SOLELY on this thread and a couple others I have seen posted recently. I may be off-base but this information is all anyone has to go on when dealing with you.

You e-mail exchange says it all for most.

D
ac5lo

Post by ac5lo »

:?: Grow up an stop posting the same thing over an over again,sounds like cb ers crying so grow up an if you need some one to cry to here is a phone number1-800-279-222
1-800-cry-baby
KC2RGU

Post by KC2RGU »

ac5lo wrote::?: Grow up an stop posting the same thing over an over again,sounds like cb ers crying so grow up an if you need some one to cry to here is a phone number1-800-279-222
1-800-cry-baby

WOAH!!!! He called you a CBer!!!! :lol:
kf9z

Post by kf9z »

ac5lo wrote::?: Grow up an stop posting the same thing over an over again,sounds like cb ers crying so grow up an if you need some one to cry to here is a phone number1-800-279-222
1-800-cry-baby
I am not sure anyone is whining other than DereK regarding his e-mail address being posted. I do not know why you feel the need to jump in and be an rude while making divisive comments. Last time I checked - CB sounded like 75-meters on a couple frequencies - but not here.

Last time I checked my Extra was granted before CW was dropped - and issues before the CW requirement was reduced to 5wpm i.e. high-speed. I worked hard on my ticket and I, as well as other here, have more invested in our hobby than the average CB'er - although that is not true with some hams today. It sounds like you need to grow-up - but then again you probably know that and do not care - good buddy, on the flip-side.
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

This probably could have been avoided if you had agreed to pay the asking price of $31.00. Would one more dollar have left you indigent? I think not. It probably left a sour taste in his mouth. Come to think of it, many hams are very cheap when buying, but want top dollar when selling. :o) Time to let this one go. Just my opinion. Life is to short....go fishing. Pat N8QBY
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Darn after reading this thread one would have thought there had been a major scam taken place. I mean all this over price haggling!!
Larry Huff K0pd
N8MRC

Post by N8MRC »

1-800-cry-baby
Wow...who's having a bad day?
Michael Carigon
Saranac, Michigan
Amateur Radio-N8MRC
Echolink Node #196809
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

KF9Z: I was kind of wondering how this could be turned into a no code thread, and I just found out how. :roll:
Cheers Don VE3GNX
kf9z

Post by kf9z »

VE3GNX wrote:KF9Z: I was kind of wondering how this could be turned into a no code thread, and I just found out how. :roll:
Cheers Don VE3GNX
I was not turning it into a code versus no-code. That thought NEVER crossed my mind. I hold NOTHING against anyone who has an Extra and did not learn code. It is not their fault the CW requirement was dropped. I am not sure how you could think it was a code versus no-code debate. Please review my posts as I have NEVER said anything like that (well, maybe - in jest).

I have nothing against anyone, man - can't we all just get along? :)

I only have problems with rude people who have NO respect for others and those who make insulting comments about others IQ and throwing around the term DUMB and JERK.

For the record - I was only mentioning my Extra class ticket and is grant date to make a point that I am not a CB'er - and in retrospect, that comment was not necessary.

I DO have a problem when the requirements are reduced to such a level that even the most electronically challenged person can get an EXTRA class ticket. I have NO problem with the CW requirement being dropped (although I did at first - but it is not as bad as I thought it would be and frankly I notice little difference between pre and post CW days). i DO have a problem when new 'EXTRA' class ticket holders in my area do not know how to cut a dipole, how to install said dipole, do not know the basics of grounding or installation on a mobile station et all...THAT is my problem. That was what my comments were regarding, not CW versus NO CW.

D
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

KF9Z:
I have the same concerns that you do about how the hobby is going, and maybe I read to much into your post so I am sorry if I did.
But you have to admitt that as soon as somebody says something about CW all #@!! breaks loose, and the whole thread is lost.
Again I am sorry if I took it the wrong way.
Cheers Don VE3GNX :D
KK7AZ

All over $1.00

Post by KK7AZ »

This crap all started over $1.00, now we're off in la-la land and it's all about cw. The hobby was fun before computers, what a bunch of lonley people there are out there. The guy above me says "I hpoe I didn't offend anyone" I hope I did. 73's Good buddys.