w0akg (Be careful buying from Canada)

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

w0akg (Be careful buying from Canada)

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Here we go again.
There is an ad here on QTH #662506, from Martin saying to be careful buying from Canada.
It is statements like this that screw things up for other Canadian hams that want to deal with there American counterparts.
Chances are the next time I want to make a deal the person might have seen that ad and will not be willing to take the chance on shipping or buying from me.
I did notice that there was no mention made of method of shipping. Be it one day, over night, express, regular post or one of the other shipping places like UPS or Fedex.
I feel that I have a very good reputation in our trading and buying community, and do not want statements like this to affect my deals.
Please be very careful when lumping everybody into one bunch.
Just wanted to vent
Cheers and good trading Don VE3GNX :D
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

AD #662506 has now been removed.
VE3GNX
WA5JAV

Canadians

Post by WA5JAV »

I read QTH feedback almost daily. From these readings I have concluded far too many buyers/sellers are too quick to post negative comments. I've seen posts accusing the other party of not sending funds or equipment in as little three days post purchase/sell. We must take into consideration negative comments, once committed, are difficult to reverse with positive comments. I believe a few scoundrels are causing many to become paranoid and assume the deal is a scam and panic post. Keep in mind, our community has been opened wide for new players. We can expect an increase in bad guys and good guys.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I have made many transactions with "Canadians" , never had a problem yet.

N4ATS
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

I`ve sold or given away lots of stuff to American hams via QTH.COM, and I have never had anyone lose patience although sometimes, it takes so long that I get a bit nervous...

When I answer a wanted ad, I usually mention that since it takes so much time to ship from here, people should contact me only if they can`t find what they want locally.

The answers I receive are usually "no problem" or "not in a hurry".

Same thing if I buy. I expect that it will take some time to get to me.
But every time, timely communications makes for smooth dealings.

Most people are very nice, or they wouldn`t be hams!
Gilles, in the great white north..
W9DMW-2

Re: w0akg (Be careful buying from Canada)

Post by W9DMW-2 »

I have delt with DON VE3GNX, And found him to be a man of his word, I have also delt with other "HAM" brothers In Canada, And would not hessitate to deal with them again. Just my coment on the subject. TNX Don W9DMW
VE3GNX wrote:Here we go again.
There is an ad here on QTH #662506, from Martin saying to be careful buying from Canada.
It is statements like this that screw things up for other Canadian hams that want to deal with there American counterparts.
Chances are the next time I want to make a deal the person might have seen that ad and will not be willing to take the chance on shipping or buying from me.
I did notice that there was no mention made of method of shipping. Be it one day, over night, express, regular post or one of the other shipping places like UPS or Fedex.
I feel that I have a very good reputation in our trading and buying community, and do not want statements like this to affect my deals.
Please be very careful when lumping everybody into one bunch.
Just wanted to vent
Cheers and good trading Don VE3GNX :D