The QTH Curse-Is buying/selling on QTH bad for one's health?

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N6VMO

The QTH Curse-Is buying/selling on QTH bad for one's health?

Post by N6VMO »

It never ceases to amaze me as to the number of amateurs, both buyers and sellers, that end up in the hospital during a transaction. :roll: Most fall ill just after receiving funds and just before the shipment of goods. :roll:
A large portion of bad transactions have one party that comes down with a mysterious illness that requires hospitalization and renders them so helpless that they can't ship equipment, dial the phone, listen to the answering machine, return email or get to the bank.

A simple 'search' for the word 'hospital' turned up 22 threads in the Feedback Forum.
Last edited by N6VMO on Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kb5pn

Post by kb5pn »

I don't know about the others but my wife tells me that if I don't start posting some stuff and getting rid of it I will end up in the hospital!! :lol: :lol:
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

Jerry:
That ain't the half of it.. I hear If you don't start doing a lot of things and stop doing others, Dorthy's gonna put you in the CEMETARY.... :P :P

KM5FL
vk2uw

Post by vk2uw »

KM5FL wrote:Jerry:
That ain't the half of it.. I hear If you don't start doing a lot of things and stop doing others, Dorthy's gonna put you in the CEMETARY.... :P :P

KM5FL
Jerry, try as hard as you can to sell the stuff, because if she puts you in the cemetary, there would be a fair chance if she marries again, it might be to another "HAM" and that would take two off air.

Keep your prices low and don't get sick.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
SRE Tech

Post by SRE Tech »

As I've always firmly believed... there's no excuses, other than not having a heartbeat or being unconscious, in not honoring an obligation timely. A buyer is a creditor... pure and simple. Most people treat their auto and home creditors with respect... what is different here?

It's amazing the excuses and stories that surface here and makes for some very amusing reading. I still laugh about the guy a few months ago who fully claimed he cashed a buyer's check the same day received, but couldn't ship the item for weeks because he was enjoying time with his son and working extra hours... and he truly thought he was the "good" guy. Unbelieveable!
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

I would post a reply to this topic but I am in the hospital.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Now that's funny!!

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
w8jn

innocent

Post by w8jn »

hi guys, while i agree with you that eboli, fascia necrotizing streptococis and hemarogic fever usually appear after a low life sells you some piece of trash... i sold my expensive acom2000 last month and it immedialtly developed firmware problems or something along those lines. just before checking in to the hops for back surgery, i had my seller ship it to Will and gave Will full authorization to repair and ship back. this was easy. the scumsuckers who "vanish" because they are in the hospital are simply crooks.... will update you when Will repairs and ship it back to John. 73 paul w8jn
ddurgin

the qth curse..... good for some bad for others....

Post by ddurgin »

Well, if I was a thief, and the guy said he was in the hospital, it sounds to me like a good time to go and rob his house, and get everything for free!
kb5pn

Follow up

Post by kb5pn »

kb5pn wrote:I don't know about the others but my wife tells me that if I don't start posting some stuff and getting rid of it I will end up in the hospital!! :lol: :lol:
For what it's worth guys. a bit of advice.........
As you can see, I was threatened back in '08........I didn't sell anything but kept buying and sure enough I just got out of the hospital last week!! :shock: :shock: