Sold items

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
Hauk

Sold items

Post by Hauk »

In the last two weeks I have emailed over 15 people about items they are advertising, In all but one case The item had already been sold and in that case I was sold a non functioning item by W9DVM, It seems to me that people that advertise should have the common decency to mark the ads sold so that someone like me does not waste time with items that are gone. KJ4BHH
KC0UKR

Post by KC0UKR »

I have to say maybe we should wait until a deal is actually done before removing the listing.

Last week I agreed to purchase a radio and went and got a Money Order and came back home to fill it out and send it out.
Well the seller had already deleted the listing and I can not find any trace of it or any correspondence we had about it.

So I have a Money Order and can not complete the deal.

It never occured to me that this could happen but it has.

So please do not be too quick to remove the listings either.
W5YMB

Sold items

Post by W5YMB »

Simple-enough to do a " cut & paste " of the AD

" Paste " it in your " Drafts " Folder or . . .

" QTH-For-Sale " Folder . . .

(I used to have the same problem that you now have)
KC0UKR

Re: Sold items

Post by KC0UKR »

W5BS wrote:Simple-enough to do a " cut & paste " of the AD

" Paste " it in your " Drafts " Folder or . . .

" QTH-For-Sale " Folder . . .

(I used to have the same problem that you now have)
Easier said than done.
I looked at the ad on my phone and replied that way too.
Somehow they were deketed from the phone(not hard to beleive) and I had no computer time with them and then the ad was deleted.

Like I said,just leave the listing up until the deal is done and that problem is solved.
I mark mine "Sale Pending" once I have a commitment and before the deal is final.

Thanks Though for the idea,just does not help with "Technology" on my side.
n5wrx

Re: Sold items

Post by n5wrx »

Hauk wrote:In the last two weeks I have emailed over 15 people about items they are advertising, In all but one case The item had already been sold and in that case I was sold a non functioning item by W9DVM, It seems to me that people that advertise should have the common decency to mark the ads sold so that someone like me does not waste time with items that are gone. KJ4BHH
One might expect that if the ad is a few days old.
That is why we make inquires instead of just sending the money.

Some dealers look at the old listings for items that did not sell hoping to pick them up at a low price to sell for a profit.
Must be frustrating to find the item was already sold to another dealer.