KI4SZK-Big Trouble

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KF4NNA

KI4SZK-Big Trouble

Post by KF4NNA »

Well,after dozens of sucessful buying and selling experiences on QTH I regret to say I now have a bad experience to share.2 weeks ago I saw a Kenwood 570D listed for $585 and after several email exchanges I agreed to purchase it for Robert Sellers KI4SZK.So,to help offset the cost I sold my Yaesu 890 and mailed a Postal Money Order.After having a money order for $900 vanish last year and taking quite a while to get a refund I now send all money oders with Delivery Confirmation.Excited about my new rig I then called HRO and ordered a $139 Kenwood desk mic.On Saturday I get a email from Mr.Sellers berating me about wanting confirmation and telling me that If I was afraid of getting ripped of I shouldnt have sent the money order and that he was sending the MO back to me.I emailed him back and explained that I lost a MO once and that it wasnt personal.He did not answer and I have sent 4 more emails since then and have not been answered.So,Im sitting here without $585,my radio and a mic for something I dont have and a loser who wont answer my emails.So,Mr. Sellers,all I can say to you siris,before you play games with someone financially through the USMail,perhaps you should check into the backgroung of the person and see what they do for a living..........Talk to you soon!Have a nice day sir.Rick
N5KBP

Post by N5KBP »

Sounds like you were just being prudent to me. Let us know if he completes the scam and keeps the MO anyway.

Marty
N5KBP
K4ICL

Likely, there is more to this story...

Post by K4ICL »

The event raises the question: "Why did KI4SZK send back the Money Order?"

I seriously doubt it was because he was offended by a fellow ham being careful about a routine mail transaction.

Perhaps he will explain it to us.

K4ICL
kb5pn

Re: Likely, there is more to this story...

Post by kb5pn »

K4ICL wrote:The event raises the question: "Why did KI4SZK send back the Money Order?"

K4ICL
That is my question also.....I receive such all the time and am not offended by it. I ,likewise, use Priority Mail and Delivery Confirmation when sending money orders.
It's not that I don't trust the other fellow, if I didn't I wouldn't be dealing with him to begin with, but more that I don't trust the US Mail and want to cover all bases to ensure a smooth transaction.

Something stinks here.......... :roll:
hamradman

Post by hamradman »

Rick it sounds like KI4SZK had scam in his plans all along. Why else would he offer to send your money order back to you. You put a stop to his scam by asking for a conformation of delivery. It can not be anything else then a scam because he gets your money and then cries out that you don't trust him when all he has to do is send the radio and on top of all that refuses to answer any e-mails. I do hope you get your money back.
KF4NNA

Update on KI4SZK

Post by KF4NNA »

After I posted last I got a phone call from a ham in Texas who also sent a MO for the same rig.I found out pretty much the same thing,send the MO and its yours.Today,I got my MO back.Yes,Im very thankful and hope the other ham gets his back also but Im very confused by this whole thing.How does it work with this guy?Tell all who inquire to send a money order and whom ever gets there first is the winner?I still dont like it but I suppose he can do with it as he pleases.So,I have my money back and I have my mic for a 570 and no rig at all now but I guess being confused is ok since it doesnt cost anything.My quest for a Kenwood 570 continues............................