Radio is sold! Radio is sold!

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
k9mi

Radio is sold! Radio is sold!

Post by k9mi »

I don't understand these. If you have sold your radio, why not just delete the ad?

73, Mike K9MI
wa2rqy

Post by wa2rqy »

HOW?
I tried but see no delete button.
Tnx & 73......
Rich WA2RQY/4
WD4GPO

Sold

Post by WD4GPO »

I understand that some folks like to see old post's for historic reference like Prices and descriptions etc. But Why keep adds from several years back? i did a search on a tuner, got a hit from 2003? SOLD. even some that did not say sold but from 2003?? Lots can happen in 5 years. So why not purge things after 2 years or so? Just asking.
WD4GPO :roll: :roll:
bg4la

Post by bg4la »

wa2rqy wrote:HOW?
I tried but see no delete button.
how to del?
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

How to delete your ad? Really?

There is a link that says "Delete Ad" at the top and bottom of every page on the entire site. Enter in your ad number and the password, and it's gone.

- Scott
ne6v

NO way to delete...OH GOOD LUCK!

Post by ne6v »

It really bugs me seeing guys put SOLD-SOLD all over the ad. First off it's against the rules! Second, it takes up bandwidth . Third, just delete it! :!:

But something that bugs me even more are those guys that try to be SNEEKY 8) and post the same item, but under different catagories! The crazy thing about that is they do the post one after another, so every ad is on top or below eachother! Slow down, I say slow down!! :shock:
de
ne6v
kd8mrd

Delete your adds please

Post by kd8mrd »

I see this is a real problem.
I ask a seller about his item to get a rude response that " I SOLD IT!!!"
Well excuse me all to pieces. Delete the add already.
A little organization goes along ways.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

If you see an ad that is is marked SOLD, or if you inquire about an item and the seller replies it is SOLD, please contact me. My email address is at the bottom of every page of the classifieds -- or use the "Send this ad to a friend" link to forward me a copy of the ad (send it to ka9fox at qth dot com)

As it was mentioned, marking ads as SOLD is not allowed.

However, as a reminder, we currently DO allow people to mark items "SOLD PENDING FUNDS" -- this allows the ad to be temporarily put on hold. We have a better way to do this coming soon (which will take the ad off-line, but could be put back on-line if the buyer backs out)

Thanks for your help in keeping things clean! :D

- Scott KA9FOX
eric

Post by eric »

What irks me are the adds that have been up for months and months well after the item was sold.
K9FON
No BS ham radio for me. I don't play ham politics, i.e. code/no code, Cb vs Ham, ect, ect.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

eric wrote:What irks me are the adds that have been up for months and months well after the item was sold.
Ads automatically expire 6 weeks after the last edit, so the items certainly are not on the site for months and months.

- Scott KA9FOX
W4AIN

SOLD Listings

Post by W4AIN »

I see that this is still an ongoing issue. I find many ads marked as 'SOLD' as well as ads marked 'SOLD PENDING FUNDS' several weeks after last edit to mark them as such. Seems like wasted bandwidth to me.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
n8ulp

Post by n8ulp »

sold pending funds I think is ok to let people know that it might be sold But.....the SOLD SOLD crap..............well its just as bad as (also listed on Ebay) Bull!!
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

I see no problem with posting that an item is 'sold pending funds' , so long as the ad is removed when the funds are actually received. When I see an item that is marked as such I would think that it shouldn't take a month to receive the funds. I responded to an ad just today that was marked as 'sold pending funds' over a month ago and was told that the item is long gone.

If the item is awaiting funds, I think that the ad should be removed when the funds have arrived. But, that is just my way of thinking.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I think the complaints about ad's that are very old are coming from E Ham and possibly QRZ sites.
Larry Huff K0pd
KB3RPE

Ahhh, the Ebay "threat".... gotta luv it...

Post by KB3RPE »

n8ulp wrote:sold pending funds I think is ok to let people know that it might be sold But.....the SOLD SOLD crap..............well its just as bad as (also listed on Ebay) Bull!!
Bull indeed, on both SOLD SOLD & the rude Ebay "threats".......... :roll:

Then there're the MORONS who don't know what the keyboard shift/caps lock are for {MAYBE 4 GOOD REASON, oops hit the Caps Lock Hi Hi..), ask "retail", plus shipping, like I can't find out & buy elsewhere (I know, I know, you can ask any #), & finally "threaten" &/or edit the ad saying that "it's going on Ebay", if or since, you "chumps" didn't jump through my hoops fast enough or some such drivel :shock:

There was one good example recently on QTH (gone now), he had the freakin' Ad up for 4-5 days? & implied we Qth'ers were "dumb" for not nibbling at his "special deal", he did the "Ebay edit.".. as above.

Now on Ebay & interestingly a 7 day ad, just for giggles I'll edit this with the selling price, let's see what he gets v/s QTH ad..

I suspect patience, politeness & common sense, to name a few redeeming qualities, aren't requirements to get a Ticket for good reason... :wink:

As always, only My 2¢s.............
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I suspect patience, politeness & common sense, to name a few redeeming qualities, aren't requirements to get a Ticket for good reason..
AMEN!

N9LCD