BUYERS BEWARE------------ N8EMO

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NZ4Q

BUYERS BEWARE------------ N8EMO

Post by NZ4Q »

He is a great scam artist!! Pack a 30 lb radio with one sheet of 1/4" bubble wrap around it and ship. UPS only pays the shipper not the buyer. Great way to be paid twice for a radio. I have been trading on here for many years and never had see this one, but it works. He claims different as all scammer do, but I have the emails and submitals to UPS to prove my story. He tells me he has had problems before, I tell you I have never had any problems with buyers and traders. I am going to live and learn on this one, it is my lost. I hope he can sleep with it as most people like him can!!!!!!!!!!

Ken
NZ4Q
K4ICL

Do you know who N8EMO is?

Post by K4ICL »

He was the Dayton Hamvention General Chair, responsible for the 2005 fest. Perhaps more about this deal-gone-bad is needed.

K4ICL
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

What am i missing here as it read's to me nonsense. How do you get paid twice for wrapping a radio in one layer of 1/4 inch bubble wrap and pay UPS???????????
Larry Huff K0pd
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

What he means is that if you sell a radio to someone and ship it, and it arrives damaged, UPS pays the SELLER not the BUYER. So, the SELLER could potentially wind up with the money for the radio, and then file insurance and get paid for the damages. SELLER get 2x the money, and the buyer gets nothing but a damaged radio.

- Scott KA9FOX
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

What still puzzles me and i understand the scam claim but being as i work for a package delivery company and from what i learned because UPS is competition is that the item must be packed by at least 2 inches of insulation around top bottom and side's. So what i'm saying is a single layer of 1/4 inch bubble wrap would hardly be considered appropriate insulation from damage. Thus would not be a damage allowable claim by carrier...
Larry Huff K0pd
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I *totally* agree.

- Scott
NZ4Q

K4ICL Do I know who he is?

Post by NZ4Q »

Does it matter who he is?
What does that mean? That he can't do any wrong? I know lots of people whom have held high position that have done wrong, Wow what a statement!

Well something has become of this, today (dated 11-8-2007) UPS picked up the radio and left me a receipt, now I have nothing but paper, kind of hard to transmit with it!
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: K4ICL Do I know who he is?

Post by KA9FOX »

NZ4Q wrote:Does it matter who he is?
What does that mean? That he can't do any wrong? I know lots of people whom have held high position that have done wrong, Wow what a statement!
Well, Ken, I do have to agree that when I see a callsign of someone that holds a certain rank (club official, ARRL official, etc.) I would certainly want to know more about the situation before I made a full judgement.
NZ4Q wrote:Well something has become of this, today (dated 11-8-2007) UPS picked up the radio and left me a receipt, now I have nothing but paper, kind of hard to transmit with it!
You could burn it and send smoke signals? :D

Sounds like something is moving on this... let's hope for the best.

- Scott KA9FOX
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

I WONDER IF IT HAD HIGH VOLTAGE :D :D :D :D NO BUT I KNOW HOW IT IS TO GET SCREWED BY A FELLOW HAM. HOPE YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK 73S YOUR FRIEND DE W4PIG
NZ4Q

Smoke Signals!!

Post by NZ4Q »

Your right Scott, but I must wait for a clam day (no wind) I may get out futher!
NZ4Q

Over 60 days

Post by NZ4Q »

Over 60 days that I paid for a radio and still nothing!!!
NZ4Q

Called UPS!!!!!!!!

Post by NZ4Q »

Called UPS today and they will not talk to me because I am not the shipper, 75 days and still nothing! 10 years or so ago I had a claim as a shipper I refunded the buyers money and had mine from UPS in 4 weeks from claim date. I guess there is just a few of us that do busniess that way.

Ken
NZ4Q
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

ken have you heard anything from this dead beat ham.i have been in the same spot you are in everybody says turn him into the fraud division but they will tell you they got bigger fish to fry, 73s de w4pig
NZ4Q

Claim# 1Z38W6300364835585urc/611

Post by NZ4Q »

He was the Dayton Hamvention General Chair, responsible for the 2005 fest. Perhaps more about this deal-gone-bad is needed.

K4ICL

As per UPS the claim # above has been paid about 2 months ago!!!!!!!!! Looks like people who hold high position in life do cheat!
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

have you had any luck getting your money back from this ham.
NZ4Q

Not yet Danny!!!!!!!

Post by NZ4Q »

No Danny he seems to think that I didn't return it to UPS,that I refused to allow them to pick it up even when I have given him the tracking and claim #'s. UPS told me again that the claim had been settled.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

looks like you are going to have to take a trip to ohio and vist this no good ham. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
NZ4Q

He was Paid!

Post by NZ4Q »

He got paid twice and will not answer emails or phone. Gary I know you maybe looking at this Forum. So I am going to make you a promise I will be seeing you soon. By the way I have turned it over to the IC3 group, if you would like the case # I can email that to you also, but that does not seem to do you any good does it! I will be seeing soon Gary!
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

HEY GARY SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU BETTER BE SENDING HIM HIS MONEYBACK. AND SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER DOG HAS HIS DAY SOUNDS LIKE YOURS IS COMING. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Hey Ken:

I hope you get your money back. Like I said in another thread, if somebody rips me off I will be making a road trip be it to Dayton or wherever. I hate scammers :evil:
Cheers Don VE3GNX
NZ4Q

I got an email today.

Post by NZ4Q »

I received an email today from Gary stating I must direct all communications to his legal counsel concerning this matter. So I called them, turns out to be someone related to him but a real lawyer! I hope he works on getting my money returned to me. I completely don't understand this one why would you hire a lawyer to add to what you already owe. It would seem to me to be easier to return my money! On the other hand I am very concerned on what is going on now. Either way this goes BUYERS BEWARE if you are going to deal with this ham!

Ken
KN4N

BUYERS BEWARE....N8EMO

Post by KN4N »

When you deal with a lost or damage package, getting a claim settled is S L O W. I bought an ATAS 120A from a fellow in Mo last Dec, It was lost by UPS in Union City, MO. A claim was filled, by the shipper, UPS has called me three times, still no refund from the shipper. I may end up also with no item thats been paid for and the shipper end up with twice the payment.
Just marking time for awhile.
The "Old SARGE" 1SGT Bill Tackett USA, RET
NZ4Q

Just marking time for awhile!

Post by NZ4Q »

I understand this TOP (KN4N)! A seller as I have done in the past should refund the buyers money and deal with the claim. I know the buyer must first make the claim when item is received damaged. The insurance I paid him for was to protect him against any damages or lost items. I know this takes a long time to complete, but why should the buyer wait? We as buyers are paying the sellers for an item we want. As I find the sellers has his money and is not concerned when the buyers get theirs back. If you are making a claim and waiting for your money I am sure you just don't set around wondering when, you call and find out what is going on. Thanks TOP and for those who don't understand what TOP is, in my day in the US Army that is what we called our First SGT E-8.

Ken
Former Drill Sgt Johnson
US Army Ft. Knox
NZ4Q

Gary DesCombes N8EMO

Post by NZ4Q »

Gary DesCombes N8EMO is one of the most untrusting person I have ever known, this man holds a Top Secret Clearance in our country, he has stated to me if I compromise his clearance he will suit me. If telling the truth has compromised his clearance then maybe he doesn’t deserve it! Gary DesCombes N8EMO listed an IC 765 Radio on eBay, I was the highest bidder. The ad stated the radio was in good working order and of course I must pay shipping. The invoice from Gary also stated shipping insurance was not offered, I ask Gary DesCombes to insure it, he did! I paid him with my pay pal account, Now at this time I have a contract with Gary DesCombes to ship me this radio. He has a contract with UPS to ship this radio to me, as he stated he bought the shipping insurance for me, what do some of these people think with? Shipping Insurance is for the shipper not the buyer, who does the shipping company pay if there is a claim?
I have posted several post stating the man has took me for the money and he has. He tells me now if I don’t remove all the post he will not pay. I did remove them all and waited 30 more days and I still get the same answer. Bottom line is he is going to keep the money because he is a scammer. I have all the emails to back all of this scam and to include pictures of the checks he received.
I must say to all Ham Radio people watch out for this guy
K8YS

Post by K8YS »

since you purchased via ebay and paid using paypal, I'd be placing a claim with them.