K5MDM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
JCH

K5MDM

Post by JCH »

As for you my friend our only deal was not as good. I sold you a ft-1000d last week, I picked you from the 9 hard buyers I had from this web site because of all the good things I had heard about you. You sent me the money ($1600) on monday, then Tue. you wanted a tracker number, then Wed. you demanded to know were the radio was(no money yet) Later that day you said I was screwing up your sale and you'd send me an address of your buyer so I could send it to him directly.Thursday when the money got here I emailed you for the address, you sent me back a very rude email saying "I've given you my address 4 times, are you old or what?) after I replyed you said you were sorry.You then said to just send it to you as you'd lost your buyer. I had the radio packed at the ups store and sent to you." Now the good part" when you recieved the radio I was sent the rudest email I ever got. You said I was " blind and old 85 or 90 and couldn't pack right, the radio was junk, and badly scratched and probably didn't work, and he would send it back if he wasn't satisfied (I offered him a full money back guarantee) Of which is over now. Now read the add he has on this site # 514218 the radio is now a great and rare find.Good thing I waited for the money before I sent the radio.I've thought about all the good things I've heard about you, and you know what "They we're all written by you" My father always said "Watch out for the man who has to always tell you honest he is"
radioranch

Your description of our deal lacks a few details

Post by radioranch »

Like your time frame which is a week off, and your handling of what was to be a hurry up deal, AND...you got your money, you got what you wanted and you are whining to me.?? Im getting old but not as old as you. Your so call three days was 9 days...but, alls well that ends well....Why you would complain escapes me til I read the rest of your comments and realize, youre just another whack job...so many out there today. some days it makes you wanna quit tradin...I guess theres is so little trust left in the world we all get cranky...73 Murray
W0LPQ

K5MDM

Post by W0LPQ »

I've never had a problem with Murray .... we kept good correspondence going and in the end I got the radio and so did he ... both of us were happy with what we got.

Bill, W0LPQ
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MURRY ALWAYS UP FRONT AND TELLS IT LIKE IT IS. W4PIG DANNY
N5JFJ

Over 10 Years of dealing with Murray NEVER A PROBLEM

Post by N5JFJ »

Honestly??? I was SHOCKED to find anything but "GOOD FEED-BACK" on Murray, throughout many YEARS of Trading, or buying equipment from him, he's always been honest, on the "Up and Up" and never afraid to just "tell it like it is" when it comes to the equipment or what to expect. I've always appreciated the fact that I could even email him and "ASK" his opinion on any other equipment, and if he knew something, or could ADVISE ME (HELP ME) he NEVER FAILED TO ANSWER UP. MURRAY NEECE & THE RADIO RANCH...Is one fair HAM... that I don't have a second thought about getting a "FAIR & SQUARE" DEAL with.
73's and May God Bless you and your Family
k8pcu

Post by k8pcu »

Would deal with Murray anytime.

Jim K8PCU
curt

Mr. M alias Mr. Integrity

Post by curt »

I have been dealing with Mr. M for years now and every time something negative comes up concerning Mr. M I just laugh knowing full well the OTHER party has issues whether that be immaturity, lack of integrity, or just a plain whack job as the world is full of them including the amateur radio community as we all can clearly see right here....Love k3ey/Pittsburgh
ve3abh

Radio ranch Murray

Post by ve3abh »

I have dealt with Murray and i wiil again
the most honest man that you can trust.
73 Joe
ve3abh
K4KYY

Junk Radio

Post by K4KYY »

When the radio was returned the comment was it was scratched, junk and probably wouldn't work. When another listing came out for the same model radio it was listed as being great and was a rare find. Was it the same radio??.
Information was taken from a previous post.
K7HC

Murray

Post by K7HC »

I have never dealt with Murray, but I read a lot of disdainful comments FROM Murray about another individual on this site. My first reaction was that the other person must be really bad from Murray's continuous very negative comments. Finally though, I made some purchases from the guy Murray was overly bad-mouthing and found VERY good service, VERY good prices, quick shipping, and exactly what was advertised. That made me stop and think "just who is the rotton apple here?" I very nearly did not deal with someone because of Murray's terrible comments. That would have been a mistake on my part. BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AND WHO YOU SAY ABOUT. IT MAY HAV E SOME VERY WRONG RESULTS!
ka9ees

K5MDM

Post by ka9ees »

I've never had a problem with Murray!

Ed KA9EES
ke4nu

Never a problem

Post by ke4nu »

I've dealt with Murray and have been completely satisfied with the transaction. He was honest and a person of his word. He made a small error and voluntarily made it right. You can't get much better than that. I'm sure if you deal with enough people your going to run into one occasionally that just can not be pleased. You could give em a million bucks and they'd complain. If anyone wants to give me a million feel free too, I won't complain...73, Alan
w8mis

Best Ham Ever

Post by w8mis »

I have many deals with the Radio Ranch in the past. I have bought and sold items. Murrary says it like it is. I ofter have shipped items to him without payment and then in a few days payment arrives just like he said it would. Best is to call a person and talk to them before jumping into a email war.

L Riley W8MIS :)
WV4I

Post by WV4I »

I read the same "comments" K7HC referenced and came to the same conclusion. Sorry, but in general, I avoid all the "dealers" on this site, if I know they're a dealer. Why? Because, I'd rather wholesale a piece of gear to someone that intends to use it and not just flip it. The story about got to have it now, etc. remnds me of another well known TX "dealer" who wanted an FT-100D so quick that it needed to come by "freight collect". I passed. I've only had one transaction with Murray, re an IC-208H, which he said was for a new ham who needed it cheap, and got it cheap, at least from me. Murray?
KE5HTB

Murry

Post by KE5HTB »

I know murry personally and highly recommend his services.
not only honest but if he says it is a great radio you can believe it.

He is a very professional guy to deal with locally.
he helps ALot of hams here and the clubs with various things.

His local support is appreciated .

I have bought things from Murry locally and he was not only fair on prices he treated me with kindness and taught me a few things at the sametime.

So your choice folks I know i will continue to purchase from Murry of he has what I need.

Fred
ke5htb
JCH

LETS GIVE MURRAY A BREAK

Post by JCH »

Lets give Murray a little slack, every time some one posts something about Murray one way or the other someone from the other camp fires back. All we're doing is hurting him, he has problems that he has admitted to and is seeking Professonal Help. Over the years I've noticed a change in our friend and thank god he has to. None of us are without faults, and I for one have lost it a few times wth ham radio. The hobby has gone down hill a bit in the last few years, the computer is to blame. We don't communicate with each other in a civil manner, it's getting all negative. I had a problem with Murray and we worked it out, so if all you Hams who always defend him go visit him and give him some support he'll pull through this with flying colors.I've talked to some of you that agree he needs help, so lets get off the comupter and go to his side. Murray, I'm glad your back in the Program and trying hard, go to the meetings and 12 steps aren't that hard. (I know) Hurry up and wishing you a speedy recovery. Bless you my friend.
KW5TX

murray doesnt even drink

Post by KW5TX »

Murray doesnt even drink...DA

JCH?...what is your callsign?

steve
radioranch

Re: Junk Radio

Post by radioranch »

WB4BLR wrote:When the radio was returned the comment was it was scratched, junk and probably wouldn't work. When another listing came out for the same model radio it was listed as being great and was a rare find. Was it the same radio??.
Information was taken from a previous post.
NO but I fixed up for you liars like I always do to me my specs. they say somewhere on here you accuse me of drinking, or the like that isnt so... even if I did it wouldnt be a problem like is was for you OM...keep it up, Ill fix your wagon
JCH

Read Murrays reply and you be the judge.

Post by JCH »

21 mos later you answer WB4BLR's post as to the radio I sold you. You say here it wasn't the same radio, you had to rebuild the radio. Why are the ser. numbers the same on the one I sold you? Now at 3:52 in the am your going to fix my wagon? You all read this rambling post and you'll see where the problem is, again I say "Get help my friend" I thought you already were. Bless you.
K4ICL

JCH?

Post by K4ICL »

KK7AZ
HEATH, JOHN C
50 RILL RD
PRESCOTT, AZ 86301

Initials: JCH
w0bkr

Murray has no history of bad deals with anyone.

Post by w0bkr »

I have dealt with Murray thru Tom Stack WQ5J some time ago and never experienced any problems. In fact, most anyone I have talked to have all indicated that both he and Tom (WQ5J) are excellent to do business with. I have to concur on both counts. I think the unknown individual (no call) is a unique situation and it seems more on his end they Murray's.
w0zs

Thank-you

Post by w0zs »

Thanks for letting us know who JCH is. Why be anonymous here unless you have something to hide?
W0ZS (ex-WK0F) :D
N5IZ

n5iz

Post by N5IZ »

i've bought from murray he a good guy.will buy from again...ray