IRSD - International Radio Service Division

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KN4N

IRSD - International Radio Service Division

Post by KN4N »

:( Well, I just wish I had looked at this site abt the posting on this company(?)
prior to shipping my radio there on 22 Sep. I am unable to get any replys from this company on emails sent, asking if they have received my equipment, or an estimate on repairs. UPS tracking stated it was delivered on 22 Sept but you know how some of their packages are delivered, (set on driveway etc)
My next stept is to try find some one in that area who can go try find this place, pick up my radio, and return it to me...I do not expect Int radio to do this, even if requested. Think twice before you send anything to this company.
Bill
KN4N
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hi Bill. September 22nd wasn't very long ago... give them time to look your radio over and get back to you with an estimate. If all they did was answer hams queries "Did you get it? How much for the fix? Is it done yet? When did you ship it? What's the tracking number? " they'd never get anything done!

Be a little patient with them and I'm sure all will be well.

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w6vy

International Radio Service Division - IRSD

Post by w6vy »

I too have a problem with IRSD although not related to repair. I am trying to purchase one of their modification kits. Following their website ingtructions, I attempted phoning during the prescribed hours and got either a busy signal or no answer. Next I tried sending emails with no reply. Finally I mailed the order via the US postal service and included all required information which included my email and phone number and credit card number. This was mailed on September 25th. On October 3rd my credit card was charged for the price of the modification kit and shipping but as of today nothing has been received.

What excuses do you have for service like this Scott. You have defended the last two posts concerning IRSD but I hope you do not run your business like this.

Bob W6VY
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hi Bob. No, I certainly do not run my business like that (I'm kind of offended at the inference).

I can't speak for IRSD, nor do I wish to defend them. I simply stated previously to exercise a little patience. This applies to working with small ham companies as well as swapping gear with hams. I see this so often.. "I mailed my check a week ago, where's my stuff? Fraud!! Fraud!! "

- Scott
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
n4bnm

Post by n4bnm »

I sent my radio for repair and some modifications around the first week in july. I have not receive it back yet even though i have gotten a lot of promisses.

Scott, you defended him then. What is your take on this company now?
n4bnm

Post by n4bnm »

Well Guys,

I am sad to report that it does not look good for the home front. I have been very patience but looks like I am beginning to lose the little bit that I do have left.

I was advised on October 28th, 2003, that my radio would be shipped back in a week. So far, I have not heard from IRSD since and no radio.

I am hopeful that I will get my radio back one day and not have it end up in South America somewhere.

Ritner - N4BNM

Bill,

The above is a recent post I have placed on this same subject. I do not know of anyone in the area but I may have reason to go to Miami in a few weeks. If you still are not getting any satisfaction on this subject I will try to assist you.

Ritner - N4BNM
KN4N

International Radio P O O R customer serivice

Post by KN4N »

:evil: Well, I am getting very upset with this company? I did receive a reply from him on 8 Oct that he would be on this in 3-4 weeks. That has come and gone weeks back. Even if he sent an estimate today, how much longer must I waite? and, if I sent him payment for services, would I ever receive my radio back? WOW! He has had my radio since 22 Sep 03. I have sent a certified letter, return receipt requested, asking to RETURN my unit now, do not repair it
Cost is no longer an issue if it is nor returned, and this may end up costing me a lot of mone, but if it is not in South America o rsomewhere else, I will get it back I have a lot of Delta Skymiles and can fly to Fl for nothing!