I smell a rat ...

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
K7GUH

I smell a rat ...

Post by K7GUH »

Can't disclose the ham's name or call sign, because I have not yet been ripped off, BUT: I made an offer this afternoon on a piece of test equipment, which the seller accepted. However, I can no longer find the ad for that piece of equipment. Didn't know that was possible. I plan to send guaranteed funds real soon now. Or should I back out?
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

If the ad was here on QTH.com then, yeah, it's possible for the lister to remove his ad at any time. Maybe the guy pulled the ad because he figures he has the item sold..

KM5FL
n9vao

Post by n9vao »

Did you tell him that you are sending the money? If you did then he pulled the ad because he has it sold to you. I would think something is wrong if the ad remained here after he got your money.
kk9a

Where is the rat?

Post by kk9a »

K7GUH wrote:Can't disclose the ham's name or call sign, because I have not yet been ripped off, BUT: I made an offer this afternoon on a piece of test equipment, which the seller accepted. However, I can no longer find the ad for that piece of equipment. Didn't know that was possible. I plan to send guaranteed funds real soon now. Or should I back out?
You made an offer which he accepted. Do you think this ham should keep running the ad? I remove my ads as soon as I have someone agreeing to purchase the item. I personally see no point it leaving the ad or adding "sold pending funds" to the ad as it is just a waste of space and everyones time who reads it. Should the deal fall though it is easy enough to place the ad back on qth.com.
NZ4Q

Rip off?

Post by NZ4Q »

Wow !!!! Now we post them before we are ripped off. Maybe if you feel you may get ripped off why send your money?
KE5FTF

Post by KE5FTF »

You are getting gun shy...
Why not check the Feed Back forum, I do all the time....

Also try to email him & also give him a phone call if he will give you his number.....