Will the Real WD8BMP Please Stand up !!

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
lhk0pd

Will the Real WD8BMP Please Stand up !!

Post by lhk0pd »

Mike WD8BMP made a big fight over a smudge on a radio he bought on here and convinced the seller refund him $300.00. Now today while perusing the AD's here on QTH i see this.....

RADIOHF - FOR SALE: Kenwood TS-480SAT
I have a 480-sat that I bought from WD8BMP on 22 June 2010.
It was listed "AS NEW" but I never could get the radio to transmit on 3.5 MHZ. All other bands work fine and it looks good, no smoke smell (and I am a non smoker) but I need 3.5 to work, so I just purchased a new one today. Will let this go for the first $600.00 and I will ship it CONUS for that. For this price, it is worth the repair cost to someone.
Bill
Listing #842814 - Submitted on 07/27/10 by

Now Mike WD8BMP got a $300.00 refund on his deal for a smudge and then sold it on E Bay as i recall. Now this Ham who has been caused to spend more money for what he should have had in the first place is now selling his purchase from Mike WD8BMP at a loss. So will the real WD8BMP please stand up,or do we now see the real WD8BMP...
Larry Huff K0pd
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

I was the ham who sold WD8BMP the Yaesu 9000 Contest. After he purchased it, he told me that it had a scratch on the bottom of the rig (at 70lbs. I never turned it over) and a shadow on the postage stamped sized window that he clearly acknowledged he saw in a photograph I sent to him before the purchase.

To resolve the issue I sent him what he said was the cost to ship the radio to Yaesu for the installation of an option which would have removed the small window and replaced it with a larger one.

As we know the radio was never sent in to Yaesu and instead showed up on Ebay with Mike as the seller. After several posts here, he finally edited his listing to acknowledge the shadow and the scratch, neither of which were visible on the one photograph of the radio that accompanied his listing.

The radio sold on ebay and Mike made a profit on the sale from what he paid me (which he had every right to), even before taking into consideration the refund that I sent. I decided to let the matter go and not pursue recovery of the money I paid him for the repair that never took place. I decided to end the dispute because life is too short, although in retrospect I probably should have never sent the funds to him.

I don't want to reignite all that went on with that post (to the point where his wife posted on the forum pleading for us to leave her husband alone) but I hope Mike will share with us here, his side of the story.

Dave, w1wn
w8jn

???

Post by w8jn »

I am a good judge of character. Dave is a straight shooting ham in the spirit of the good ole days. When some guy comes along and accuses Dave of being deceitful and dishonest, and uses this forum to extort money out of an honest ham, I have to wonder, what is going on. Mike (wd8bmp) cried foul and expressed righteous indignation over being taken advantage of by Dave. We then saw Mike (initially) blatantly try to deceive ebay buyers until we called him on the carpet. Mike thought he could hide in anonymity on ebay. Once again he cried foul and feigned indignation. Now we find out that he sold a broken rig "as new" to an unsuspecting ham with no reimbursement to the buyer. Mike gave him the old "taillight guarantee"
Now it's becoming very clear. We have "Radio Mart jr." here on qth.com. Mikey boy lives by the axiom, "Do as I say, not as I do" Thinking about buying or selling from wb8bmp??? Think real hard before getting involved with "Radio Mart jr."
Happy Hoss Trading Paul w8jn
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Dave, Isn't this the THIRD time you have "put this matter to rest"? It's nice to know that the QTH LYNCH MOB is alive and well. I was really worried because none of you has stirred the pot for a few days. Incidentally Larry, this whole thing was covered in another thread, Did you miss getting your licks in on that one?

w1wn wrote:I was the ham who sold WD8BMP the Yaesu 9000 Contest. After he purchased it, he told me that it had a scratch on the bottom of the rig (at 70lbs. I never turned it over) and a shadow on the postage stamped sized window that he clearly acknowledged he saw in a photograph I sent to him before the purchase.

To resolve the issue I sent him what he said was the cost to ship the radio to Yaesu for the installation of an option which would have removed the small window and replaced it with a larger one.

As we know the radio was never sent in to Yaesu and instead showed up on Ebay with Mike as the seller. After several posts here, he finally edited his listing to acknowledge the shadow and the scratch, neither of which were visible on the one photograph of the radio that accompanied his listing.

The radio sold on ebay and Mike made a profit on the sale from what he paid me (which he had every right to), even before taking into consideration the refund that I sent. I decided to let the matter go and not pursue recovery of the money I paid him for the repair that never took place. I decided to end the dispute because life is too short, although in retrospect I probably should have never sent the funds to him.

I don't want to reignite all that went on with that post (to the point where his wife posted on the forum pleading for us to leave her husband alone) but I hope Mike will share with us here, his side of the story.

Dave, w1wn
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

You are correct that I was going to leave that matter alone, but if now another ham is posting a complaint about a separate transaction (KN4N had an eerily similar transaction that he posted last month), shouldn't the general ham community know about it? I was hoping Mike would clarify this and give us his side of the story. I regretted the incident with him and did my best to make it right, after telling "my side". I would hope he (or any ham in this situation) would do the same. Sorry if I upset you Larry. It was not my intention.

Dave, w1wn
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Oops, should have said "sorry Albert", not Larry.

Dave, w1wn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

K9XR(AL) you call us a lynch mob so i wonder if you stands up for sellers like Radio Mart and the such. And by the way K9XR(AL) you always manage to get your shots in and thats what these forums are for. Your opinion is just as welcome whether it is agreed with or not. As i recall i supported you one time but i guess that was not lynch mob mentality then. 73...
Larry Huff K0pd
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

K9XR (AL) Your correct that i did not comment on the post that Bill KN4N made on this same transaction as it changed over to a debate between him and Dave. But after reading Mikes response to Bill at the time, the question i posed now is quite revelant . Take the 75 meter complaint, and Mikes answer is he had no 75 meter antenna so there was no need for him to use it. OK fine there was no need to use it but i'm willing to bet he had a dummy load and just like where as i have not a 160 antenna i still check all my radios bands including 160 on my dummy load. So call me a member of a lynch mob if you like which i have no hard feelings over, but my thoughts of Mike dealings still have not been shown to be wrong.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

it lights up, no way to test, estate sale

Post by w8jn »

al, we have all seen ,no way to test, it lights up, estate sale, selling for a friend. all of those disclaimers say "youre about to be swindled". no one has the right to say "as new" then say, i didnt know it was broken, you are s.o.l. the reality of the real mike is starting to appear. how many more transactions will come out of the woodwork?
happy hoss trading paul w8jn
N8ERM

Playing nice-------------OR NOT

Post by N8ERM »

If I were to read the pages where feedback forum is suggested as a venue before entering into a deal the answer is plain. An as new rig should arrive with an as new appearance. Every feature should work "as new" Every thing that was sent with the rig when new should be included. If it sustained damage in shipping the seller needs to follow up with the shipper. If it does not work as new it should be returned for a full refund. The answer is simple. Look at the feedback forum and put the bad ones on your list. Why would an as new rig be offered, the answer is simple. I want something else. Remember to play nice.
Terry N8ERM
K9XR

David, Larry, and Paul

Post by K9XR »

David, since you are so intent on everyone knowing the outcome of every little problem here, maybe you can tell us what the outcome of your little problem with N2MD was? At least WD8BMP had the common decency to respond to the complaint, but why didn't you? Did you fix the problem or did you just continue to ignore it, figuring it would go away?

Larry, I never asked for your help when you stuck your nose into my dealing with KB6RFI. Even then you accused me of being told that he didn't accept PayPal, even though he was required to. I wasn't real thrilled with your actions, but I didn't want to seem like an ingrate because I figured you were doing the best you could do.

Paul, For some reason you feel like you have to be the self-appointed guardian of QTH.COM. I don't know exactly why. I consider myself a pretty good judge of character also and I can spot people who bully people and never miss a chance to pat themselves on the back a mile away. You are always trying to bully people into forced apologies and sometimes you beat them down into submission and get your way. YOU should really apologize to WD8BMP as this is the THIRD time you have Libeled him in connection with his ebay ad. BTW Paul, a IC7700, PW-1, and a 756PRO III is not a "$15,000 deal":and a PW-1 is not a "$5,000 piece of equipment".

And Yes, it would be wonderful if everyone "played nice", but it isn't ever going to happen.

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you will never fool all of the people all of the time.

I sure hope the heat in the kitchen doesn't get so hot this time that someone has to close the diner again.
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Al, you seem to have a great deal of anger and a surplus of time on your hands. I hope you can resolve your inner demons.

Good luck and 73's
Dave, w1wn
w8jn

public forum

Post by w8jn »

al, this is real simple. when a person uses a public forum to sway opinion. as mikey boy did, the rule of "public forum" is that you dont have the option to shut it down if you dont like the publics opinion. mikey boy cried foul and has yet to grasp the legal principle known as "clean hands doctrine". translated into english, you dont call the police to report that someone stole the car that you stole. apparently, mikey boy can do others wrong, however lookout for the bitc...ing and whining if mikey boy cries wolf!
happy hoss trading paul w8ps

from r and l
ICPW1 ICOM **FREE $200 GIFT CERTIFICATE** HF + 6m AMP W/TUNER
$ coupon is applied valid through 9/30/2010 If in Ohio 6.5% sales tax is applied before coupon is deducted 5069.95 - coupon = 5069.95 $ 5,069.95 Special Order

IC7700 ICOM **FREE $500 GIFT CERTIFICATE** HF/6m 200W ALL-MODE
$ coupon is applied valid through 9/30/2010 If in Ohio 6.5% sales tax is applied before coupon is deducted 6799.95 - coupon = 6799.95 $ 6,799.95

and of course the no longer in production pro3 was $2800.

oopppsss $14,700... i lied by $300, put me in the rack and give me 40 lashes!
Last edited by w8jn on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Al, I would be careful hitching your wagon to this horse, he has not even responded to the claim that started this thread.

Dave, w1wn
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

AL now i'm wondering about you as i never once accused you of anything in that debate back then. All i did was try to help you by trapping the guy and all i did was tell you what he said to me. Yes i was trying to help out a perfect stranger "YOU" and if you had told me my efforts were not needed or appreaciated i would have gave my mia culpa's and moved on. But for you to now set here and accuse me of actions i never did is questionable of your character. Any one who does not believe me is more than welcome to check out the comments made on that deal. In fact you and Paul both corrected me on a copy i made of E Bay policy and i admitted my error, now will you yours?
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

There you go with your apples and oranges.

Post by K9XR »

No Paul, It's more like:

USED IC-7700 $5000
USED PW-1 $3400
USED PRO III $2000

And that is top dollar! If you think $10,400 is close to $15,000 you really do have problems.

w8jn wrote:al, this is real simple. when a person uses a public forum to sway opinion. as mikey boy did, the rule of "public forum" is that you dont have the option to shut it down if you dont like the publics opinion. mikey boy cried foul and has yet to grasp the legal principle known as "clean hands doctrine". translated into english, you dont call the police to report that someone stole the car that you stole. apparently, mikey boy can do others wrong, however lookout for the bitc...ing and whining if mikey boy cries wolf!
happy hoss trading paul w8ps

from r and l
ICPW1 ICOM **FREE $200 GIFT CERTIFICATE** HF + 6m AMP W/TUNER
$ coupon is applied valid through 9/30/2010 If in Ohio 6.5% sales tax is applied before coupon is deducted 5069.95 - coupon = 5069.95 $ 5,069.95 Special Order

IC7700 ICOM **FREE $500 GIFT CERTIFICATE** HF/6m 200W ALL-MODE
$ coupon is applied valid through 9/30/2010 If in Ohio 6.5% sales tax is applied before coupon is deducted 6799.95 - coupon = 6799.95 $ 6,799.95

and of course the no longer in production pro3 was $2800.

oopppsss $14,700... i lied by $300, put me in the rack and give me 40 lashes!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Al you missed it again. Paul never gave or said the word used. It looked to me like he was showing new prices with the discount. I've tried to treat you with respect which is more than you've showed a willingness to do. Such as you accused me of saying and doing what i did not do and now you twist Pauls Prices he gave as Used where as any one with any sense could see it was new prices.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

I Give Up!!

Post by K9XR »

I know larry, but the gear he traded was used or near new as he claims, it was still used. Now do you get it? WHO Missed it?

K0pd wrote:Al you missed it again. Paul never gave or said the word used. It looked to me like he was showing new prices with the discount. I've tried to treat you with respect which is more than you've showed a willingness to do. Such as you accused me of saying and doing what i did not do and now you twist Pauls Prices he gave as Used where as any one with any sense could see it was new prices.
w8jn

wrong again

Post by w8jn »

al, we are not talking about equip price. how you brought that up is hard to figure, but you are wrong again used pw-1 $2800, used 7700 $4700 and used p3 down to $1750. al you stick with mikey boy. his reputation is going down the drain. when your feedback is pulled up, potential buyers will see you defending a man who tried to pull a fast one on ebay, used this forum to squeeze $300 from dave and sold a broken rig "as new" and never made restitution. yes sir, hitch your horsey to that wagon train.
K9XR

Re: wrong again

Post by K9XR »

Paul You are something else. you just proved my point. There you go again with the Libel thing. Mike never tried to sell that radio as new and you know it. Now either you can't read or you are lying. Which is it Paul?
w8jn wrote:al, we are not talking about equip price. how you brought that up is hard to figure, but you are wrong again used pw-1 $2800, used 7700 $4700 and used p3 down to $1750. al you stick with mikey boy. his reputation is going down the drain. when your feedback is pulled up, potential buyers will see you defending a man who tried to pull a fast one on ebay, used this forum to squeeze $300 from dave and sold a broken rig "as new" and never made restitution. yes sir, hitch your horsey to that wagon train.
w8jn

here it is

Post by w8jn »

al, we have the misrepresented rig that wd8bmp sold below. we have the ebay sale where mike "neglected"??? to indicate the blemishes he was conned into buying until people on this forum discovered his auction. they asked him why he forgot to mention the horrible terrible deceitful
(according to mike) blemishes on the rig he was trying to sell in anonymity on ebay, and we have mike's "strong arm" tactics using this forum to defame dave and demand money from an honest ham. not one mistake, not two mistakes, but three??? sounds like a pattern to me. by the way, apparently the aftersale justification on the rig below, was "i had no way to test the rig" well, maybe that is true, however does that release mike from delivering a rig he indicated was "as new"? did he remunerate the buyer as he demanded of dave, hey mikey boy, did you fix the broken rig you sold "as new"?

RADIOHF - FOR SALE: Kenwood TS-480SAT
I have a 480-sat that I bought from WD8BMP on 22 June 2010.
It was listed "AS NEW" but I never could get the radio to transmit on 3.5 MHZ. All other bands work fine and it looks good, no smoke smell (and I am a non smoker) but I need 3.5 to work, so I just purchased a new one today. Will let this go for the first $600.00 and I will ship it CONUS for that. For this price, it is worth the repair cost to someone.
Bill
Listing #842814 - Submitted on 07/27/10 by Callsign KN4N