kenwood ts-790a mic

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KE5HTB

kenwood ts-790a mic

Post by KE5HTB »

I am looking for a microphone or suggestions for a MIC that has the keypad to use tones and such. I dont need up down or even anything but the number pads to be honest.

this is a base radio so no reason to have extra stuff on mic that is only 2 feet max from me to turn on the radio itself besides that less to break.

NOW I dont have to have a mic. it can be anything else i can do to be able to use irlp and echolink via my radio. right now I use my HT put in the codes that way and talk via my 790a.
it is 8 pin kenwood standard mic just like the 570dg i have fully same mics. just looking to be able to use the tones to use irlp and echolink and not have to use HT for tones and then use it again to turn it all off after I am done.

SO looking for any suggestions at all to do this. it can be external box even or some other way to do this. I dont care as long as I can sit it on my desk and not look like another huge box with a keypad on it in a alum box sitting there.
I wish it to look 1/2 way decent/ I would like to hear on ANY kits folks may have built or used for this or something i can maybe modify even to do the job.

just wish to use irlp mainly to talk to friends on road easier.

thanks for ideas and suggestions.
if possible email direct at ke5htb at gmail.com I have to say I am not the best at checking foryums too much of the times and keep up with the gosip even.
So I may not check back till a few days on this even but emails my wife and son check daily for me and pass along info. I am disdabled so do not get here daily to check things out.

thanks so much
ke5htb
fred